View Full Version : Target Rain Checks

11-06-2005, 12:36 PM
Well, a couple of weeks ago I was lucky enough to get a rain check for the $17.99 price for Evolutions sets. The other day I was at Target and noticed that they had the new Clone sets iin. I went up to the counter and they gave them to me for the old sale price.

1. My rain check was for 5 sets.

2. They scanned my rain check, which was a reciept style print out they gave me back when the sale was going on.

3. I bought 3 sets.

They then gave me back the rain check and told me I could use it later. I assumed they meant for the remaining 2 sets.

Well, yesterday I found 2 more sets and brought them and the rain check up to the register. The same lady scanned the sets and my rain check. Well, that's that I thought....my rain check is no longer any good.

The cashier told me that it was still valid until the expiration date...1 Dec 05!!! So my little rain check is good for a couple more weeks. I had no idea that was how it worked. I figured they had a running tally, once I hit my 5 set limit that was it. Nope, the rain check is good until the expiration date no matter how many I buy!!!

Was anyone else aware of this? I am glad I got that little rain check, it has saved me $10.00 already and it may save me more. What a deal!:thumbsup:

Mandalorian Candidat
11-06-2005, 08:39 PM
Good post sk99. I thought it was a one time shot and that was it. With Target's rapidly dwindling quality of customer service I would never have thought that was possible.

11-06-2005, 10:08 PM
When were the Evolution sets 17.99?

Mandalorian Candidat
11-06-2005, 11:34 PM
When were the Evolution sets 17.99?

The week before Halloween when all (or most) the Hasbro SW stuff was 10% off.

jedi master sal
11-07-2005, 09:47 AM
Damn, that's a GREAT tip! I'll be sure to keep this in mind, should I ever have need for a raincheck.

11-07-2005, 10:54 AM
Yeah, the funny thing is I noticed that only a couple of Target's bothered with the rain checks, yet they are good at any store?!?!:confused:

11-07-2005, 06:10 PM
When everything was on sale a while back, my local Target did not have a single fgure on the peg. Instead, there were little rainchecks attatched to pegs with instructions on how to redeem them. I was asked for how many figures I wanted rainchecks, and I said 10 for Coll I, 10 for Coll II and 5 for the Evo sets. They are supposed to be good for ANY Target and for a duration of 45 days after issue.

I've used them several times since then and they keep handing me my raincheck back saying that I still have a couple left on the ticket.