PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Sandtrooper/Stormtrooper

sith_killer_99
11-06-2005, 12:57 PM
Well, I just got this idea yesterday. I now have the VOTS Stormtrooper and both Evolutions Sandtroopers. I noticed a while back that the heads are easily removable. I can pop off the head on my VOTC Stormtrooper and Evo. Sandtrooper and make a "clean" Sandtrooper, without the backpack....because the VOTC Stormie does not have the slot for the backpack.

Here's what I suggest Hasbro do.

Sell the Evolutions Sandtrooper in a "clean" version, but, add 4 color pauldrons as accessories! They would also need to include a clean backpack and perhaps one of those prode droids like the one that came with the POTF2 Cantina set, modified to fit in the Evo. set Sandtrooper! They could sell it as a basic figure for saga 2 with accessories.

This would give us the ability to create our Sandtroopers with any color pauldron and backpack or probe droid! Or we could use it as a basic SA Stormtrooper!

Unfortunatly, Hasbro already has plans to release a re-tooled Sandtrooper so the chances of this happening are slim.

BTW, I have to say that the new Evolutions Sandtrooper is horrible! I hate...absolutly HATE the paint scheme on the Sandtrooper. In fact I have dubbed him Septic Tank Sandtrooper. He really does look like he has poo smeared all over him, as if he had fallen into a septic tank. I perdict that this set will sell poorly compared to the 1st set. Sure it will sell well right away, but after everyone has one or two of these sets they will warm the shelves.:mad: Why did Hasbro make such and ugle figure?

LTBasker
11-06-2005, 02:09 PM
BTW, I have to say that the new Evolutions Sandtrooper is horrible! I hate...absolutly HATE the paint scheme on the Sandtrooper. In fact I have dubbed him Septic Tank Sandtrooper. He really does look like he has poo smeared all over him, as if he had fallen into a septic tank.

It's a dirty job but -somebody- has to walk behind the dewback patrols. Seriously, would you want someone coming up behind your dewback and walking off with it's tail or something? :p

Turbowars
11-06-2005, 10:39 PM
Good idea, but I wouldn't want one Sandtrooper with 4 different shoulder deals. I would end up getting many of the troopers and have about 30 pads sitting around. I think a 4 pack is in order here. They can make all of the Sandtroopers clean in one pack and dirty in the other. Then they could make a Stormtrooper 4 pack with some mouse droids.

sith_killer_99
11-07-2005, 06:40 AM
I hear what you're saying T! It would leave a lot of extra accessories, but Hasbro just dosen't do a very good job with 4 packs, they always end up as exclusives of HTF. Then we end up paying tooo much money for them.:mad:

This way we may end up with extra stuff, but they would be easier to find and we know the price would be $5.00!

ROTJLuke
11-07-2005, 07:47 PM
They could just release the Sandtrooper individually wearing just one color, and release 4 at once with every color. Therefore youll buy one, and itll only have one color pad on, so it would be up to us collectors to track down masses of them. But itll only be 5$ :)

samskull
11-29-2005, 09:36 AM
But where is the Sandtrooper to ride my awesome POTF Dewback?!

Evolutions Sandtrooper can almost sit down but can spead his legs far enough, let alone bend down to pick up that droid part he found. Maybe he just has some chaffing?

"Look sir, 'Roids!"

"Thanks, Private."

Fluke Skywalker
12-02-2005, 04:58 AM
"Look sir, 'Roids!"

"Thanks, Private."

lol Lol!

I agree about the paint job on the Evo Sandtrooper... or is that Sandpooper? It looked so much better in the Toy fair pics.