PDA

View Full Version : Did You Buy the Episode III DVD Yet?

JediTricks
11-07-2005, 06:57 PM
It's the first week since the movie was released. The circle is now complete, Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith has now been released on home video. All six episodes in the Star Wars Saga are now available for private showings in your very own home theatre. These first few days have seen interesting promotions and giveaways tied into the DVD's release, and some fans going as far as buying several copies at multiple retailers to take full advantage of these promos. Other fans however are holding off to buy Ep III, hoping to receive it as a gift, or waiting for a definitive 6-movie boxed set or something else on the horizon.

So, did you buy the Revenge of the Sith DVD, and if so, did you buy more than 1 copy?

thanks to Ji'dai for the poll.

bobafrett
11-07-2005, 07:20 PM
Due to my current finacial sitituation, I was only able to get one copy. I would have liked to get the full screen version, and believe it or not, I have yet to sit down and watch the movie (on DVD). I have checked out some of the extras, and the bonus Wal-Mart DVD, but not the film.

sith_killer_99
11-07-2005, 08:12 PM
I bought the Widescreen version at Wal-Mart with the bonus DVD at 4 a.m. the day it was released!:thumbsup:

trandoshan666
11-07-2005, 08:37 PM
Bought the widescreen edition at WM (because of the disappointing extra disc) and have watched the movie three times since. I'm still working on all the extras, though.

Bobby Fett
11-07-2005, 09:30 PM
Did You Buy the Episode III DVD Yet?

Is this a trick question? :laugh:

Turbowars
11-07-2005, 10:07 PM
Do bears **** in the woods? In fact I just got done watching the whole bonus disc. Pretty cool stuff.

El Chuxter
11-08-2005, 01:37 AM
Dang it, I knew I forgot something when I rushed to the store to pick up the new Santana CD. :crazed:

I got one, at WM for the extra disc, and have not watched the full film (although I did cheat and watch the entire "Order 66" sequence). I am not going to watch it for a month, when the saga will really be complete, and I can watch all fifteen hours (approximately) at once.

Tartakovsky's just better at capturing the feel of the OT than Lucas is, and until I have his contributions to the saga on DVD, the saga ain't complete. :)

Slicker
11-08-2005, 01:42 AM
I voted waiting to receive as a gift as it's the closet answer. I didn't buy it a) because I have a bootleg copy and b) because I wanted BFII above the DVD. I'll probably get it next week or something.

DarthBrandon
11-08-2005, 01:47 AM
Bought it the moment the store opened the day it was released, watched it with my son the next day.

Deoxyribonucleic
11-08-2005, 02:34 AM
yes from walmart and I'm having trouble with the second disk. I already took it back once and the new one is acting the same way, it won't play and it's all pixelated bad!

:rolleyes:

OC47150
11-08-2005, 08:05 AM
Bought it the first day. Sat down over the weekend and watched it uninterrupted. Thoroughly enjoyed it. :thumbsup:

Rocketboy
11-08-2005, 10:50 AM
Bought it at midnight at Wal-Mart.
Watched the movie and about 95% of the bonus content on Tuesday.

And I like the bonus disc.

2-1B
11-08-2005, 10:54 AM
I bought it thrice.

Two copies at Wal-Mart at midnight, one for me and one as a birthday gift for my brother-in-law. Then on Wednesday I bought a Target copy for the coin, and sold the DVD at a discount to a coworker who wanted it for her nephew.

sith_killer_99
11-08-2005, 11:40 AM
Well, I thought I had Episode III on DVD, then I put it into my computer and it said "Charlotte"!!!

I took it back for a full refund!:lipsrseal

LusiferSam
11-08-2005, 02:15 PM
I'll wait and get it as a gift. I really don't have any deep desire to own this right away.

CaptainSolo1138
11-08-2005, 08:07 PM
I'm gonna wait and let Mrs. CaptainSolo get it for me for Christmas.

Ji'dai
11-08-2005, 10:51 PM
Yep, I bought one widescreen copy at WM with the bonus disc, which I'll probably never watch. I rarely watch DVD bonus features or listen to commentaries, though it's nice that they include that stuff.

So I've had ROTS for a week now and I still haven't made it through the entire film. I've only made it to the Grievous chase so far.

sebillba
11-09-2005, 05:17 AM
I ordered mine online, and received it through my door two days before official release!! :D

What's on the Wal-Mart bonus disc? Is this different to the regular 2nd disc??

bobafrett
11-09-2005, 07:20 AM
I ordered mine online, and received it through my door two days before official release!! :D

What's on the Wal-Mart bonus disc? Is this different to the regular 2nd disc??

Yes, the Wal-Mart bonus disc has the story of Anikin and Luke Skywalker in two seperate stories, with 3PO and R2 (mostly the annoying Anthony Daniels voice) narrating. Basic Discovery Channel fodder.

Slicker
11-10-2005, 01:31 AM
I broke down today and bought it. No reason but I was at Target so I picked it up.

bobafrett
11-10-2005, 10:55 PM
I finally watched it last night, and for the moment my son is watching it again this evening, which is making it hard for me to focus on writing this, or reading the forums.

stillakid
11-10-2005, 11:29 PM
yes from walmart and I'm having trouble with the second disk. I already took it back once and the new one is acting the same way, it won't play and it's all pixelated bad!

:rolleyes:

It's not the disk...the acting is just bad anyway. ;)

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
11-12-2005, 12:06 AM
I bought my copy at Target a week ago. I liked the price and the coin wasn't exactly the grabber, but the fact that you got something besides a crappy commerative set was fine by me.

Kidhuman
11-23-2005, 01:21 AM
I ended up buying it at midnight from Wal-Mart the day itr was released as it was on my way home from work. Also grabbed a few 3 packs.

Deoxyribonucleic
11-23-2005, 02:46 AM
It's not the disk...the acting is just bad anyway. ;)

I just saw this today...Hilarious! :thumbsup:

chrisc
11-28-2005, 09:25 PM
Actually I didn't have to buy mine. Found it in a shopping cart out side out Walmart.:yes: :yes: :yes: