PDA

View Full Version : Kind things that have been bestowed on you

bobafrett
11-07-2005, 07:37 PM
Today when I got home from work, there was a letter from a tire place not too far from my house. This letter said Dr. Mr. Soandso, 4 tires have been purchased in your name. You can come in at your convience to have them installed. All balancing, mounting and rotating fees have been paid for, call our number to set up an appointment. I was totally blown away by this as I have been in need of tires with the winter weather here in Chicago fastly approaching. I kniow it was a co-worker of mine who knows I have been working 75 hours a week, and not getting anywhere with my finances. I called the man who I belived did this, and at first he didn't admit it, but then I said, "Well, I just wanted to thank you for doing this for me", and he asked "You think I did it?" and I replied "Yes" and he said "Your Welcome".

Has anyone here had anything special done for them?

I also had a member here at SSG set me up with a Target Lava Vader and they asked for nothing in return.

InsaneJediGirl
11-10-2005, 01:42 PM
That was really great of your co-worker frett :)

My great aunt and uncle set up a trust fund for myself and my two brothers awhile ago. I thought it was really nice,since we arent exactly that close and they have other nieces and nephews. In the realm of Star Wars now,I did get the BK Vader from a fellow SSGer who wouldnt accept payment.(You know who you are :p)

bobafrett
11-10-2005, 10:29 PM
I had the tires installed the next day, and my car runs smooth on the road, and handles well around the corners again, for now.

My dad set up a fund for my son, as well as his other grandkids. Never heard if he contributed any more to it, and I long have lost the account number and address to mail it to.