PDA

View Full Version : Obi-Wan's saber hilt has a twin in Grievous' hand

JediTricks
11-07-2005, 07:42 PM
I watched the DVD last night and during the saber duel between Obi-Wan and Grievous on Utapau, the saber in Grievous' upper right hand (at least, I think it was that hand) has the exact same identical hilt as Obi-Wan's Ep 3 lightsaber. This wasn't a hilt confusion like when Anakin and Obi-Wan are fighting in the Mustafar war room and Obi-Wan has both lightsabers, in the Grievous fight you could tell it wasn't Obi-Wan's saber as Obi-Wan was still using his, you can even see the 2 hilts in the same shot in one close-up where they're clashing, plus this saber has a green blade. Also, in the deleted scene of Shaak-Ti getting offed by Grievous, he uses the same Obi-Wan-style saber to kill Ms. Ti only this time it has a blue blade, and once again, Obi-Wan still has HIS saber.

This is a little frustrating to me, I know the toys recycle some of the background character saber hilts, but the heroes never had a hilt design that could be found elsewhere, theirs were special.

El Chuxter
11-07-2005, 11:15 PM
JT, please don't make me break out the Visual Dictionary and compare it to the novelization so I can tell you exactly whose saber that was.

Obi-Wan's saber is pretty generic-looking, so the resemblance to a dead Jedi's saber is forgiveable.

2-1B
11-07-2005, 11:27 PM
Yeah, uh, it's the same hilt in there because, like, it foreshadows, um, you know, the twins at the end of the movie.

JT, please don't make me break out the Visual Dictionary and compare it to the novelization so I can tell you exactly whose saber that was.

I dare ya. :evil:

El Chuxter
11-07-2005, 11:40 PM
Curse you, Caesar. :mad:

During the events of ROTS, Grievous carried four sabers, which had previously belonged to K'Kruhk, Jmmmar, and Nystammall.

Purok's hilt looks like Anakin's, only gray, so that's not it.

K'Kruhk's has a distinctive claw shape, so it's not his.

It could be Jmmmar's, which has a green blade. The pic in Incredible Cross Sections isn't clear enough to say with 100% certainty, though. It definitely belongs to Jmmmar or to Nystammall, and, having no pics or solid info about Nystammall's saber, I'm going to guess it's Jmmmar's based upon the picture I do have. :p

darthvyn
11-08-2005, 08:47 AM
Curse you, Caesar. :mad:

During the events of ROTS, Grievous carried four sabers, which had previously belonged to K'Kruhk, Jmmmar, and Nystammall.

Purok's hilt looks like Anakin's, only gray, so that's not it.

K'Kruhk's has a distinctive claw shape, so it's not his.

It could be Jmmmar's, which has a green blade. The pic in Incredible Cross Sections isn't clear enough to say with 100% certainty, though. It definitely belongs to Jmmmar or to Nystammall, and, having no pics or solid info about Nystammall's saber, I'm going to guess it's Jmmmar's based upon the picture I do have. :p

OMG, you're a dork. :p

2-1B
11-08-2005, 09:56 AM
But at least we can now say for certain that the former owner of this lightsaber had too many mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmms in his or her or its name. :p

JediTricks
11-08-2005, 01:31 PM
Obi-Wan's saber is pretty generic-looking, so the resemblance to a dead Jedi's saber is forgiveable.What? Name 1 other saber besides Luke's ROTJ saber which is based on Obi-Wan's saber that looks like it - do so from the movies, not some cheesy ref book meant to cover up these glaring missteps. :p