PDA

View Full Version : What did Jango have against women?

El Chuxter
11-08-2005, 12:26 AM
I brought this up quite a while ago with a few friends, but I'm posting it here now to get more insight.

What was Jango's problem with women?

First, he wants a son without going through the normal channels of producing one. (Without getting too in detail, that usually involves a man and a woman.)

He later takes out a contract against one of the most beautiful women in the galaxy, and he kills her decoy (who's no slouch herself).

Next, he subcontracts with another bounty hunter, still another attractive woman, to try again to kill Padme. When she fails, he kills her.

He stands idly by as a bunch of cockroaches try to kill the first hot babe again. Only when he's trampled by a space bull and beheaded by Samuel L does he stop trying to kill her.

But the madness doesn't end there. A couple of years later, clones of Jango thoughtlessly kill most of the members of the Jedi Order. Of the deaths we've seen, the two most brutal (one onscreen, one off) were hot women, easily the loveliest in the history of the Order. Aayla Secura is shot about 4,892,754 times in the back, and Barriss has an AT-TE unload its entire arsenal into her back at close range.

Seriously. Did the dude's mom not hug him when he was a wee Mandalorean?

2-1B
11-08-2005, 12:33 AM
Jango is a eunuch. His mother had him clipped as a young lad so he could join the Mandalore Boys Choir. Always resented her for it.

Rogue II
11-08-2005, 12:46 AM
Yes, a eunuch. Or maybe he is just a He-Man Woman Hater. Jango is a big Extreme fan, you know. While he is dog-fighting Obi-Wan above Geonosis, he has Hole Hearted playing on Slave I's .mp3 player. That bastard Lucas just edited it out in favor of the John Williams score.

decadentdave
11-08-2005, 02:12 AM
It's obvious... Jango is gay.

Elliejabbapop
11-08-2005, 07:43 AM
A lot of men pretend they like women when in fact they suffered a psychological trauma during their childhood that stops them from having a "normal" relationship with women. At least we can't accuse Jango of being dishonest.

darthvyn
11-08-2005, 09:45 AM
does that mean he's a false-bounty hunter?

wedge1968
11-08-2005, 11:26 AM
If I can wear the hat of the biographical critic rather than the psychological critic, allow me to pose a different question: What is wrong with Lucas and his views on women? Why is it that Padme's scenes are always the ones that are cut? Why did Shaak Tii not have one death scene but two (BOTH of which were cut)? The list goes on and on.

This may be the first negative thing I've said about George Lucas ever. What have I done???!!!

JimJamBonds
11-08-2005, 11:36 AM
It's obvious... Jango is gay.

Winner winner chicken dinner.

JetsAndHeels
11-08-2005, 11:37 AM
Jango is a eunuch. His mother had him clipped as a young lad so he could join the Mandalore Boys Choir. Always resented her for it.

Thank you Caesar. I am glad you tell the truth here.
You should have seen me sing in that choir. O what a voice I have!!
The truth is our choir director (a woman who looked like Julie Andrews in the Sound of Music) would harass me and embarass me in front of the group. One time I got a little too enthusiastic on "I will Survive" and she banned me from the choir.
Well I got her back, because that night in her sleep I put a Kamino Saber dart in her neck!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

The 'Xir
11-08-2005, 12:40 PM

lol No matter how over used it is, that's still some funny ****! :yes:

The 'Xir
11-08-2005, 12:44 PM
This may be the first negative thing I've said about George Lucas ever. What have I done???!!!

:twisted: You've done well, young padawan. Soon you'll be strong enough to bring down Lucas, and then and only then can you call yourself Sith. HA HA HA HA HAAA :evil: :evil: :evil:

decadentdave
11-08-2005, 12:45 PM
What is wrong with Lucas and his views on women? Why is it that Padme's scenes are always the ones that are cut? Why did Shaak Tii not have one death scene but two (BOTH of which were cut)? The list goes on and on.
I think Lucas' negativity towards women stems from his failed marital relationship with Marsha. It was during the 60 Minutes interview back in 1999 that Steven Spielberg talked candidly about how devastated George was after she had left him and I think it definitely had an affect on his work after that, especially ROTJ.

A lot of men pretend they like women when in fact they suffered a psychological trauma during their childhood that stops them from having a "normal" relationship with women. At least we can't accuse Jango of being dishonest.
I would agree with that. I personally had a relationship that ended very badly and I still have not fully recovered from the after-effects 12 years later. It left me with a lot of negative opinions about women. I know it is unfair to generalize but I can't say that my opinions are not unecessarily justified and with a certain degree of accuracy. As such, I have remained a "loner" like Jango and Boba ever since.

If Jango is a Eunich, then all of the Clonetroopers are as well. It's not like they be getting any action on the side anyways. I really can't picture some Clone coming into port on some Outer Rim world with some Twi'lek babe at a cantina coming on to him but it is possible since Boba had two Betties hanging on his shoulders in the appalling Jedi Special Edition.

InsaneJediGirl
11-08-2005, 01:08 PM
Thank you Caesar. I am glad you tell the truth here.
You should have seen me sing in that choir. O what a voice I have!!
The truth is our choir director (a woman who looked like Julie Andrews in the Sound of Music) would harass me and embarass me in front of the group. One time I got a little too enthusiastic on "I will Survive" and she banned me from the choir.
Well I got her back, because that night in her sleep I put a Kamino Saber dart in her neck!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Your opinion doesnt count there "Jango" .Arent you with someone? :whip:

Lord Malakite
11-08-2005, 01:43 PM
I brought this up quite a while ago with a few friends, but I'm posting it here now to get more insight.

What was Jango's problem with women?

First, he wants a son without going through the normal channels of producing one. (Without getting too in detail, that usually involves a man and a woman.)

He later takes out a contract against one of the most beautiful women in the galaxy, and he kills her decoy (who's no slouch herself).

Next, he subcontracts with another bounty hunter, still another attractive woman, to try again to kill Padme. When she fails, he kills her.

He stands idly by as a bunch of cockroaches try to kill the first hot babe again. Only when he's trampled by a space bull and beheaded by Samuel L does he stop trying to kill her.

But the madness doesn't end there. A couple of years later, clones of Jango thoughtlessly kill most of the members of the Jedi Order. Of the deaths we've seen, the two most brutal (one onscreen, one off) were hot women, easily the loveliest in the history of the Order. Aayla Secura is shot about 4,892,754 times in the back, and Barriss has an AT-TE unload its entire arsenal into her back at close range.

Seriously. Did the dude's mom not hug him when he was a wee Mandalorean?

Jango never really knew his mother from what I can tell. He was adopted/aprenticed at a young age by Jaster. Because of this Jango for the most part was a loner and his motivation were always about business first. He was paid to assasinate Amidala and protect his payer (Dooku), not to fornicate with the ladies. His feelings about who he kills are irrelevent to the mission's objective.

He did have a sort of love interest with Zam Wessel (if you followed the backstory of the video game Bounty Hunter you actually get to see them in their love/hate relationship when they meet for the first time), with Zam eventually taking on the acting role as a mother to Boba. Jango didn't want to kill Zam, but for the mission to suceed he had no other choice in his mind. This doesn't mean he didn't feel anything though. If you read Jango's backstory about Zam's death you also learn that this is the only time Boba catches him on Kamino crying.

As for having Boba as his son, that is also pretty much explained in Bounty Hunter. Jango did it out of his toydarian informant friend's last request before dying. To do something with his life that truly meant something and was worthwhile, not to die a lonely old man, because in her eyes Jango was so noble and good in ridding the scum of the universe that life owed him so much more.

The Clones, not much to say there. Their minds were scambled to be helpless lap dogs to the Old Republic/Empire. They are incapable of any feeling as far as I can tell.

decadentdave
11-08-2005, 01:56 PM
The Clones, not much to say there. Their minds were scambled to be helpless lap dogs to the Old Republic/Empire. They are incapable of any feeling as far as I can tell.
Yes, they were genetically pre-programmed but they did develop characteristics of individuality by taking on individual names like Cody, Gree, Neyo, Bakara, etc. Reminds of of the line from Blade Runner when Bryant is telling Dekard that the Replicants could develope their own individual personalities so they built in a fail-safe mechanism... a 4 year life-span. That always bugged me about Blade Runner. It always seemed like such a waste to go through the trouble to engineer these Replicants and then have them self-destruct after only 4 years. You couldn't even get the extended warranty! Isn't very economical is it? Perhaps the same corporate disposeable mentality can be applied to the Clonetroopers as well.

JediTricks
11-08-2005, 02:29 PM
Did you ever see him collect an actual bounty on anybody? No, he tried to assassinate people, but that's not what a Bounty Hunter is. Therefore, false-bounty hunter. :D

To be fair to Jango, his assassination attempts on Padme and his killing of Zam were purely business, his hiring Zam in the first place says more about his faith in that... woman? She was a shapeshifter after all. Anyway, he thought she could get the job done so I don't think he intended to kill her.

If I can wear the hat of the biographical critic rather than the psychological critic, allow me to pose a different question: What is wrong with Lucas and his views on women? Why is it that Padme's scenes are always the ones that are cut? Why did Shaak Tii not have one death scene but two (BOTH of which were cut)? The list goes on and on.

I think Lucas' negativity towards women stems from his failed marital relationship with Marsha. It was during the 60 Minutes interview back in 1999 that Steven Spielberg talked candidly about how devastated George was after she had left him and I think it definitely had an affect on his work after that, especially ROTJ.I dunno, George was still married when he made ANH where there's so much talk about Luke's father, yet in it and all of the OT there is only 1 significant female role, and until ROTJ with a brief comment there's no discussion whatsoever about Luke's mother.

If we're getting "serious" on this, keep in mind how Lucas gained his children, completely without a female partner - via adoption - I think that affects him and shows something about the mindset he is in now.

sith_killer_99
11-08-2005, 05:24 PM
A lot of men pretend they like women when in fact they suffered a psychological trauma during their childhood that stops them from having a "normal" relationship with women.

Do you have something you want to share?;) JK

Seriously, if you think about it GL does seem to have issues with women. He tortured poor Carie Fisher telling her to lose weight go to a fat farm or whatever. Then in ROTJ he turns her into a slave and puts her in a kinky metal bondage sorta bikini. In ESB he leaves her hanging with the whole Han issue making her reveal her emotions and suffer until almost the end of ROTJ when Han is finally able to tell her he loves her back. Then there was the whole "sister kiss" thing. Absent mother...virgin mother...a monastic order where love is forbidden and on and on.

Think about it.

decadentdave
11-08-2005, 08:09 PM
I dunno, George was still married when he made ANH where there's so much talk about Luke's father, yet in it and all of the OT there is only 1 significant female role, and until ROTJ with a brief comment there's no discussion whatsoever about Luke's mother.

Lucas's predilection with the Father stem from his own issues with his own father who wanted him to take over the family business selling shoes but Lucas rebelled against him. Hmmmm...

It's funny... all of this talk about Jango and he's in this movie I'm watching right now called The Beautiful Country with Bai Ling! lol

JimJamBonds
11-08-2005, 11:53 PM

Seriously, if you think about it GL does seem to have issues with women. He tortured poor Carie Fisher telling her to lose weight go to a fat farm or whatever. Then in ROTJ he turns her into a slave and puts her in a kinky metal bondage sorta bikini. In ESB he leaves her hanging with the whole Han issue making her reveal her emotions and suffer until almost the end of ROTJ when Han is finally able to tell her he loves her back. Then there was the whole "sister kiss" thing. Absent mother...virgin mother...a monastic order where love is forbidden and on and on.

Think about it.

Don't forget about that skimpy dress that HE designed for Padme in AOTC, then as soon as she pops out a couple of units SHE DIES.

JediTricks
11-09-2005, 05:11 PM
Lucas's predilection with the Father stem from his own issues with his own father who wanted him to take over the family business selling shoes but Lucas rebelled against him. Hmmmm...It was stationary, not shoes. Lucas senior wanted his son to be basically an executive business type, junior rebelled against that and went to film school, but eventually his successes with Star Wars turned him into that executive business type his father wanted him to become (Lucas himself said as much).

I suppose the absence of women in Star Wars may have something to do with Lucas' mother, who was a positive influence on him while growing up but was often ill and bedridden so not always "there", not an active part of his growing up.

JON9000
11-12-2005, 02:04 PM
You guys are being a little hard on GL. After 70 years of women appearing as shrinking violets on-screen, GL gave us Princess Leia, who became for me the embodiment of what a girl should be like: tough, sassy, strong-willed, and hot. I would argue it has devolved from there- women today may not be shrinking violets, but a lot of them seem to be prostitutes or strippers.

If you want to diss on people for being down on women, go watch something like Sin City and read Harry Knowles' review of it. What a pair of fan boy doofuses.

Elliejabbapop
11-12-2005, 02:27 PM

I don't like long posts :D
(and I was talking about Jango, not GL ;) )

BTW I agree with Jon, I think George gives a wonderful and realistic portrait of women. Think about this: both Leia and Padme are very strong psychologically speaking and they face a society that is not at ease with their strength (sith killer's examples are very useful under this point of view).
George gives them a terrible time, it's true, but I don't think he does that to show their weaknesses, I think he does it to show how unfairly women are treated in a society dominated by men (seriously, how many "active" women are there in SW?) and to point out their struggle to achieve personal recognition (ex. that of being a politician, a fighter, a lover, a mother ..... the choices are endless).

The 'Xir
11-16-2005, 02:27 PM
If you want to diss on people for being down on women, go watch something like Sin City and read Harry Knowles' review of it. What a pair of fan boy doofuses.

Sorry, I loved Sin City, and although I know it upholds alot of social stereotypes, in defense as Geroge would argue, "that's the story!" It's suppossed to be more of a 20's 30's style of twisted Dick Tracy kind of copper-capper. Although I think Sin City does have strong women roles in it! Nancy obviously succeeds, Shellie was resistnet to her abusive boyfriend, and although in the end shown as weak, she does survive! Then if you really want to stretch it you had the girls of Old Towne defending their own turf, although I know it is a weak defense seeing as how it teeters on the fragile truce between them, the cops, and the mob, but they did have that freedom to make their own rules and defend them to the extreme!

Besides the very hot Devon Aoki who plays Miho, kicks some serious butt in this movie! :love:

Elliejabbapop
11-16-2005, 03:41 PM
Although I think Sin City does have strong women roles in it!

If strong means prostitute then no thank you.
Sin City did not give a positive potrayal of women, I think it actually did the opposite.