PDA

View Full Version : The official Hasbro site confirms Geonosis wave!

Droid
11-08-2005, 09:20 AM
If you go to starwars.hasbro.com they have confirmed the Geonosis wave with pictures. All seven characters in the wave match those announced in the 411 on rebelscum: Sun Fac, Yoda, C3P0/battle droid, Jango Fett, Poggle the Lesser, EU Clone, and the Weequay Jedi. That goes a LONG way in proving that the rumors of Dem Hazon, Jerjerrod, Chirpa, R5-D4 and the rest are true!

JEDIpartner
11-08-2005, 10:15 AM
I might be interested in Sun Fac... possibly Sora Bulq-- but that's it. The Threepio is based off of the Droid factory deluxe, The clone doesn't interest me at all and the rest are all reissued. What's the deal with the Yoda? Isn't that just the one ROTS Yoda without his cloak?

Battle Droid
11-08-2005, 10:41 AM
WOAH, Sun Fac looks awesome, the best figure of the wave! :D

Droid
11-08-2005, 10:43 AM
I'll only be buying Sora Bulq and Sun Fac.

I don't remember Yoda taking off his cloak on Geonosis.

figrin bran
11-08-2005, 10:56 AM
i only want Sora Bulq, Sun Fac and the Republic Commando.

it looks like sora doesn't have knee articulation and the commando looks like it might have the same arm and shoulder articulation as the at-te gunner and tact ops troopers (which isn't a good thing in my opinion). at least they sculpted a new head for sora and didn't just stick a weequay head on.

Umbra
11-08-2005, 11:33 AM
Well there goes my hope of my ideal Jango Fett. I was really hoping for a well done, non-gimicking, not to action posed (ala 300 Fett) with NO removable helmet. I just hate the way the necks stick out when figures have removable helmets like that.

As for figures, I'll probably pick up Sora Bulq and the COmmando because i'm a bif EU fan/supporter, and maybe Sun FAc too as it looks like they did a solid job on him.

AmanaMatt
11-08-2005, 12:01 PM
"This awesome wave of new figures features all your favorite characters from the Battle of Geonosis"

Yeah, real awsome........(PLEASE NOTE: EXTREME SARCASM). Of course the word new should appear as "new" for most of the wave.

This wave just blows - a rehash wave with an awful Jango, Yoda and C-3P0 re-release, three figs that should just disappear due to their severely inferior sculpts.

A wave this bad makes me want to just *****-slap a Hasbro employee.

bobafrett
11-08-2005, 12:04 PM
I would have to agree with Amanamatt, the whole wave from what I see isn't worth collecting (and this comes from a guy with over 650 figures). I will probably buy it anyway, because of my completists ways, but this might just be the wave that breaks me from being one.

Devo
11-08-2005, 12:08 PM
I'll get Sorq, Sun fac, poggle, maybe the Threepio. I wonder if that Yoda getting a softgoods robe.

jedi master sal
11-08-2005, 12:35 PM
I'll definitely get Sora Bulq, Scorch (Clone Commando), and Sun Fac.
I may get Poggle, if he's a better sculpt and has more articulation.

Don't need yet another boring non-articulated Jango. Could definitely do without a rehashed Yoda and WTH is up with C-3PO? What crap! Why n ot just give us a plain dull grey finish of C-3PO. We don't need those stinking brown and green parts on him. CRAP I tell you, C.R.A.P.! (Crummy Rehashes And Paint)

Shesh, with everything we've been told about that's coming up, I'm looking at just about half. Actually I'm quite glad about this, as I want to slow down spending and have taken a look into why I'm collecting this stuff. I don't NEED it. I want it. But do I REALLY want "everything"?

I'll happily pass up those figs so kids can have them. (Unfortunately kids aren't going to be buying these up as much either and that spells an early demise for our beloved toy line...)

-Sal

JEDIpartner
11-08-2005, 12:52 PM
I think they're going down the same path with Poggle as they did with Cat Miin/Shu Mai and Passel Argente.

It looks like the same exact figure to me.

LTBasker
11-08-2005, 02:48 PM
Only three out of EIGHT are new?!

Granted, Yoda's not too bad since it's a good sculpt but at least give him a softgoods cloak. Poggle's okay since most of us went without due to the screen scene being so over-priced and Sora, Sun and the Clone turned out well.

That 3PO is stupid looking though, if it hadn't been for the HORRIBLE distribution during the AOTC deluxe line, he would've been a pegwarmer for more reason than the $10 pricetag. It's a sucky figure and people knew it. Hell, how many even liked that scene so much?

Jango's even more ridiculous, granted it's been only a year since we've had him but it's time for a good version of Jango.

Very, very sad.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-08-2005, 04:34 PM
Why is everyone complaining now? RS has had information on most of the new waves and which would be new for several weeks now.

I'm very pleased with this wave. Sora and Scorch look cool, but Sun Fac looks the best. Hey, a Geonosian warrior that doesn't suck! :D I like how we're getting more EU figures, but I don't want too many. Hopefully sometime down the road they'll repaint Scorch to be the other Commandos.

trandoshan666
11-08-2005, 04:39 PM
I'm okay with this wave, and will be getting all of them. In all, I'm pretty pumped about the entire line.

LTBasker
11-08-2005, 04:54 PM
Why is everyone complaining now? RS has had information on most of the new waves and which would be new for several weeks now.

Personally, I was hoping Jango would be VOTC or at least more decent than a straight rehash. 3PO, I hoped was at the very least going to be something more than the crappy deluxe rehashed, at least give it a better paintjob. Yoda is ridiculously lacking, especially if it's only going to be him like that in the large bubble.

After the Hoth wave, I was expecting something that looks more like an actual line that had thought put into it than something like the battle packs.

El Chuxter
11-08-2005, 06:05 PM
Like this wave or not, it may be time to officially get excited about the other lists.

ROTJLuke
11-08-2005, 07:46 PM
Like this wave or not, it may be time to officially get excited about the other lists.

Sad but true. This wave is garbage IMO, but the Commando looks pretty cool. I think Im sold on Yoda also if he has a soft goods robe. Other than that Im not to giddy about this one...

TheDarthVader
11-08-2005, 07:51 PM
Is that Poggle a rehash from the three figure set? I think it is!

I will be getting Sun and Sora. Was that commando in the movie? If not, then I will pass...maybe.

B.
TDV

ROTJLuke
11-08-2005, 07:56 PM
Is that Poggle a rehash from the three figure set? I think it is!

I will be getting Sun and Sora. Was that commando in the movie? If not, then I will pass...maybe.

B.
TDV

Yes, Poggle was in that three pack, however it seems as if its a better paint app. The commando, I believe, its border line EU. Thats the only one (besides Yoda if he has SG jedi robes) Ill be gettin

DarthBrandon
11-08-2005, 09:45 PM
Not sure where I stand on this wave, it looks O.K., Sora Bulq is a must,the commando could have been done better. Jango stinks big time (VOTC is the only way to go for this one Hasblow) & Yoda (meh) is not that much better. I'll have to see them in person, but it looks like I could be saving money again this year.:shocked:

JetsAndHeels
11-08-2005, 09:53 PM
I can always use another Jango!!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-08-2005, 09:58 PM
Personally, I was hoping Jango would be VOTC or at least more decent than a straight rehash. 3PO, I hoped was at the very least going to be something more than the crappy deluxe rehashed, at least give it a better paintjob. Yoda is ridiculously lacking, especially if it's only going to be him like that in the large bubble.

After the Hoth wave, I was expecting something that looks more like an actual line that had thought put into it than something like the battle packs.
So was I, but I knew it that an awesome Jango wasn't gonna happen this time. And for all we know, the final C-3PO will be repainted . . . I wouldn't count on it, but it's a possibility.

Yeah! This pretty much confirms that all of RS's recent reports are correct, which is sweet. I can't wait to see more figures!

JetsAndHeels
11-08-2005, 10:02 PM
I knew it that an awesome Jango wasn't gonna happen this time.

I want a super articulated jango with all the accessories and features.
I have been wanting that for a long time now.

jjreason
11-08-2005, 10:09 PM
I personally hope the DON'T bother repainting Poggle, Jango, C3PO or Yoda so I don't feel tempted to buy them. I don't dislike ANY of those original figures, oddly enough, but I would resent feeling like I have to buy more of them.

Sun Fac, Sora Bulq and the Commando will make nice additions to my collection.

Last thought, wasn't there originally going to be a Clonetrooper in this wave?

rbaumhauer
11-08-2005, 10:48 PM
Ahhh, my recent decision to only buy Ep4 and 5 figures from here on out (and then only the best/most interesting) looks better all the time. I might (might!) break that vow if Hasbro actually produces a decent, non-rehash Endor wave, but never for PT or Jabba's Palace waves.

My wallet thanks me :)

Turbowars
11-08-2005, 10:50 PM
Well it's time for me to remove the last line of my signature. Hasbro you were doing so well.

To say the least I'm not happy with this wave. I don't even care for the EU clone. I don't even know were he comes from. It's seems as if Hasbro put the 2nd or 3rd string in for this line up. Sad, very sad. With that said I bet they all will look cool on cards.:)

Jayspawn
11-08-2005, 11:13 PM
I'll probably pick up Sora Bulq (Weequay Jedi) and maybe Jango. Even though Jango is a reissue -hes still an awesome figure.

Scorch wasnt even in the movie so I'll definatly pass on him. Even if he is a type of Clonetrooper.

plasticfetish
11-09-2005, 01:01 AM
If you think about it, this is a very kid friendly group of figures. An alien Jedi, a funny robot, a few bug aliens, Jango Fett (kids love the Fetts), a clone with a flame thrower, and a play friendly Yoda.

With that said, I think it's a pretty good little spread of figures. (Not perfect, but good.)

Sora Bulq -- I'm happy to have another Jedi. I'm really happy to have one that's sort of unusual. Looks like a nice figure. Hope it has decent articulation.

Sun Fac -- I'll take a new Geonosian anytime. It looks great, and it'll be a nice army-builder figure. Even the weapon looks cool.

C-3PO with Battle Droid head -- I wasn't wild about the DX Saga toy, (but I sure as heck didn't pay $9.99 for mine.) I would have rather had a good basic AOTC version of C-3PO, but this isn't terrible, and yeah, it may look cool carded.

Poggle the Lesser -- Rehash? Yes, but with a better paint job, it'll be a nice figure to have single carded. (Hope it's made better than the screen scene version.)

Jango Fett -- I think this is a fun figure. It'd be so much better if it had bendable knees, but I can understand just wanting to get another Jango Fett out there.

Scorch, Republic Commando -- OK. Here they come. Tons of EU type figures to fatten up the line and keep it interesting for kids and collectors alike. Don't be surprised by this stuff, and don't bother complaining. This is how we get all of that "other" stuff that we really want, by letting a few G.I. Joe style Clones share the pegs with all of those dusty Neimoidian Warriors. I think the thing looks kind of cool. Be nice if it has decent articulation.

Yoda -- We've just suffered through some lame Yoda figures with the ROTS line (I think.) I'm not crazy about this figure at all, but by simply tossing the "FIRING CANNON!" away, I feel better about this one. (Yes, it needs a soft goods cloak.)

Anyway, I'm looking forward to Sora Bulq, Sun Fac and even the Clone, but the others... maybe, maybe not.

Slicker
11-09-2005, 02:44 AM
I'm not too impressed with these offerings. None of them particularly interest me but I'll nonetheless get them. I'll gladly take these though if it means we get all of the other awesome figs coming out. *cough*Veerswithremovablearmor*cough*

DarkArtist
11-09-2005, 07:40 AM
A little disappointed with this wave. I am looking forwards to the Republic Commando figure ( even though I can;t recall seeing them in AOTC), the wequay jedi looks hot as does the Geonosian Warrior. The rest is a tak it or leave it.

I wouold pick up Jango only if the micro figure is cool, at least I can customize the body as a different mandolorian.

El Chuxter
11-09-2005, 08:40 AM
The Republic Commando does not appear in AOTC. They were made up for the video game. And, as I understand it, the first wave or two of the game take place on Geonosis.

fistogreen
11-09-2005, 10:53 AM
Are the new figures that are being announced to come out, like the new ROTS figures or will they be the smaller ones as in the past. Or maybe the better question is... will all new figures be as great as the rots figures. I am just getting back into this after a 15 year break, and am curious.........11/10/05, After further review I realize my question was incorrect. I have yet to open any of my rots figures until last night, only to see there is no difference in size compared to the others. I suppose the "fancy" packaging might make the ROTS figures seem a little bigger? ME STUPID

Jayspawn
11-09-2005, 12:29 PM
This is Hasbro re-releasing some old figures and making some new. They are going to be standard action figures as they always have been making.

General_Grievous
11-09-2005, 02:46 PM
May only be getting Sun Fac, Sora Bulq, and Scorch. Screw the rest.

fistogreen
11-09-2005, 03:34 PM
I must have them ALL!!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-09-2005, 06:16 PM
JJreason, I thought I read that a clone would be in this wave as well, but maybe that was on RS's original master list? Anyway, on their 411 pages, it mentioned no clone other than Scorch in this wave, but we're getting a clone trooper (in addition to Cody) in the Coruscant wave.

TheDarthVader
11-09-2005, 08:31 PM
I will just be getting sun, poggle, and sora. I don't do EU.

B.
TDV

Fluke Skywalker
11-09-2005, 10:36 PM
Bah! This wave is El Crapo supremo.

ROTJLuke
11-10-2005, 06:43 PM
The Clone is from Utapah, which should tech. be in the ROTS line up, but the more I looked at this wave, and after seeing the EE photos, its not as bad as I thought.

Reverend Strone
11-10-2005, 11:01 PM
Sora Bulq and Sun Fac will be the only ones I pick up, unless of course that Ep III Utapau Clone really does end up in this wave, in which case- hell yes. Otherwise, I'm actually quite happy to see a wave come out that I can relax over and save the cash for stuff I really want.

mastermatt24
11-11-2005, 12:32 AM
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?id=RE-108311290&number=HS85770C#top
Theres a pic of the final wave with *new* orange clone. I cannot believe how many people are complaining about this wave. I think it looks great, with a little bit of everything for everyone.. And the clone commando.. my god! This thing looks F-ing awesome! Im actually glad many of you dont like him.. more for me! :lipsrseal :evil:

El Chuxter
01-03-2010, 11:43 AM
Droid, we still don't have a Dem Hazon figure. :( Maybe he'll show up after they make another three Bossk figures.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-03-2010, 08:17 PM
Droid, we still don't have a Dem Hazon figure. :( Maybe he'll show up after they make another three Bossk figures.
Dem Hazon was from the Holiday Special, so they'd have to repaint Hem Dazon to include "a tear, friend". :p