PDA

View Full Version : 6" Santa Yoda

Ji'dai
11-08-2005, 05:20 PM
I received this catalog today called "What On Earth" which peddles movie/music merchandise and other novelty junk. Anyway, the cover featured a 6" Santa Yoda, based on the McQuarrie artwork for the old Lucasfilm Christmas card. I'm not sure who the manufacturer is, but I'm willing to bet it's neither Hasbro nor Sideshow. You can stuff your stocking this year with Mr. Green Claus (Claws?) for only $20 plus shipping. Santa Yoda is also available online in the whatonearthcatalog.com webstore (http://www.whatonearthcatalog.com/whatonearth/Item_Yoda-Santa_AT9162_ps_ixm.html).

Our favorite part of this wonderful Yoda is the traditional assortment of toys he's bringing to good little girls and boys-a doll, a drum, a tin trumpet-hardly the assortment you'd expect younglings of his era to play with. Detailed in fabricÚ fabric. 6"H x 4"W x 3"D.

bobafrett
11-09-2005, 07:40 AM
He looks like he is not to pleased to be delivering toys, a disgruntled Lucas puppet he is!

Ji'dai
11-09-2005, 11:11 PM
He looks like he is not to pleased to be delivering toys, a disgruntled Lucas puppet he is! Yeah, contrary to popular belief, Dagobah wasn't Yoda's first choice for his planet of exile. He actually came to live on an unchartered backwater world in the unfashionable end of the Western Spiral arm of a neighboring galaxy.

Mistaken for an elf, Yoda was conscripted to make toys but soon found his new boss - get this, a self-proclaimed saint - to be too much like Palpatine, so he deposed "Jolly" Old St. Nick in coup d'etat. He took over the North Pole operation but soon grew weary of delivering toys to all the planet's spoiled younglings.

Yoda eventually moved to the warmer, tropical planet we see in ESB for his latter years.

Ji'dai
11-15-2005, 12:16 PM
I was looking at the online catalog and found that they also offer Christmas-themed C-3PO and R2-D2 (http://www.whatonearthcatalog.com/whatonearth/Item_C-3PO-R2-D2-Santas_AU4092G_ps_dpr.html); each figure costs $20.
Companion pieces to our popular Yoda Santa, these festive figures measure 8”H x 33/4”W x 21/4”D (C-3PO) and 5”H x 33/4”W x 4”D (R2-D2). Very limited quantities

bobafrett
11-15-2005, 09:12 PM
I like the Hasbro version better, plus the R2 in this catalog looks like something from the super deformed BK line.