PDA

View Full Version : I Hate battle droids

Darth Jax
11-08-2005, 06:15 PM
i've found that the more figures i open, the more frustrated i become with them. with the cheap plastic hasbro is using for figures durability is a concern. case in point is battle droids. i have several different ones opened and displayed and they all wilt. the foot will stay attached to the peg on a stand but the droid will either lean forward or backwards until the figure is laying on the ground. any one else have this same problem or a way to keep them vertical in dioramas?

Blue2th
11-08-2005, 07:47 PM
Yep, Same problem. Gotta put them on Clearstands. The kind with 2 pegs. A couple other figures do the same Aayla Secura and her Holo figure does the same too. Seems like all the figures with twiggy legs do that. The Clearstands solved that problem. Bummer because I like the original stand with each figure it comes with.

JediTricks
11-09-2005, 05:21 PM
About half of my standing battledroids are warping their legs and leaning over now, it's a real bummer. There's no reason for this except cheapness, Hasbro could easily have used a stronger material, there's plenty out there, but they did not and so they disappoint. I am worried that my Grievous and Grievous Bodyguard figures will suffer the same fate soon, but so far it's not an issue.

Jargo
11-09-2005, 07:48 PM
oh poop, i thought you meant in the movies. I was watching that deleted scene where Grievous offs Shaak 'the insincere' Ti and then the jedi tag team enters, followed by the battle droids who seem to have been programmed with a kind of fidgety bird imitation programme. seriously, for a robot that's supposed to be effective in a battle those damn things twitch around all over the place. I was hootin' and a hollerin' for joy when the jedi tag team sliced and diced them after arriving on the invisible hand. just a damn shame those in the corridor didn't get the same for having ADD.

Oh and hasbro toys suck. especially the ones with elastic legs.

JediTricks
11-09-2005, 09:26 PM
That deleted scene was totally ridiculous, the Jedi are standing there doing nothing, and in classic Bond-villain fashion Grievous doesn't immediately have them shot or whatever, but then when they're doing the ridiculous saber-spin into the floor and not able to dodge blasts, the droids just sit there like nothing's happening.

In my setup, I think the red security droid is the only one not warped.

LTBasker
11-10-2005, 06:21 AM
Yup, for some reason the Security Droid turned out to be the most stable one, not sure what happened there. Though they made sure to mess it up by giving more rubbery plastic to the AOTC Accessory set use of that mold.

If they gave the BD's that plastic all around and included worthwhile stands, we might've had some good BD figs besides the Security Droid.

El Chuxter
11-10-2005, 09:44 AM
Even the 12" Battle Droid, though he seems to be made of sterner stuff, collapses pretty quickly in temperatures above freezing.

CaptainSolo1138
11-10-2005, 11:15 AM
Even the 12" Battle Droid, though he seems to be made of sterner stuff, collapses pretty quickly in temperatures above freezing.
Well, that's your problem. God, you want stable action figures AND heat. See, it's spoiled fans, not the product, that make Star Wars toys "so bad". Anyone with REAL dedication to collecting/displaying would wear their parka in the house and sleep in one of them -40 degree sleeping bags. :p

Battle Droid
11-29-2005, 03:50 AM
Well I never.

;)

bobafrett
11-29-2005, 08:11 AM
For some reason I bought the set with the battle droid and the C-3PO with the factort base. I opened it up and now I look at it and the battle droid looks like he is attempting some kind of un natural somersault.

JON9000
11-29-2005, 03:15 PM
I had given thought to opening some battle droids up, I have something like 5-6 on card. That's a downer that they won't hold up to regular play. Looks like my Battle Droids are going to stay on card. In general, I always had reservations about the design of the battle droids. The droidekas are soooo much cooler.

What are these stands that correct the problem?

Tycho
11-30-2005, 03:32 PM
Clearstands is a sponsor at GalacticHunter or Rebelscum. I forgot which.

They made clear plastic stands with 2 peg holes spaced rather evenly. Since the stands are clear, whatever turf you use in your dioramas (black Death Star floor, green Naboo grass) will be visible underneath them.

In a standard 6' x 18" deep display case, you can fit collumns of battle droids about 5 across, maybe 6, at an angle (better to use that perspective so you can see figures from a 90 degree angle anyway). Without clear stands, you'd need more droids, but who wants to keep setting them up again.

I had little or no problem once I was using Clear Stands.

They have nothing printed on them like "Star Wars" or whatever, too. So you can look at your diorama rather than "read it."