PDA

View Full Version : So... NO ONE bought the Target SW compilation CD?

JEDIpartner
11-08-2005, 07:27 PM
I saw that it was just the soundtrack bundled with a paperboard packaged "Corellian Collection" CD. Stupidheads don't show the titles. :whip:

I wanna know what's on there!!!!

2-1B
11-09-2005, 01:22 AM
Nope, didn't buy it and I don't care. No sense in buying a compilation like this when my own "best of" could be created from my current collection. :)

decadentdave
11-09-2005, 02:57 AM
I actually bought it.

You guys aren't missing a thing. A compilation of tracks from all 6 films you already have on CD. Don't waste your time or cash. Seriously, I wish I hadn't.

El Chuxter
11-09-2005, 09:37 AM
Thanks for the heads-up. It's nice to finally see confirmation of what I suspected. :)

Mandalorian Candidat
11-09-2005, 10:08 AM
I actually bought it.

You guys aren't missing a thing. A compilation of tracks from all 6 films you already have on CD. Don't waste your time or cash. Seriously, I wish I hadn't.

Out of curiosity, what are the tracks on the bonus disc?

decadentdave
11-09-2005, 11:05 AM
1. Star Wars Main Title And The Arrival At Naboo (2:55)
2. The Flag Parade (2:11)
3. Qui-Gon's Noble End (3:47) [Note: This sounds like it was edited differently from the Ultimate and regular editions. The arrangement of the cues immediately following Darth Maul's entrance is from the Pod Race and/or Escape From Naboo.]
4. Jango's Escape (3:47)
5. Yoda and the Younglings (3:56)
6. General Grievous (4:07)
7. Anakin's Dark Deeds (4:04)
8. Imperial Attack (6:44)
9. Ben Kenobi's Death/Tie Fighter Attack (3:53)
10. Yoda and the Force (4:05)
11. The Clash of Lightsabers (4:19)
12. Sail Barge Assault (5:04)
13. End Title (From Star Wars Episode VI) (6:05)

Rocketboy
11-09-2005, 11:34 AM
No Imperial March?

decadentdave
11-09-2005, 11:51 AM
I'm kinda glad no Imperial March. It's awesome but it is so overused.

On the plus side... at least they didn't use all of the same tracks that were on the DVD music video compilation. That would have been even more disappointing then it already is.

It would have been a nice surprise if they actually released at least one unreleased cue to Episode III or something to make people really want to buy it.

General_Grievous
11-09-2005, 04:04 PM
Instead of this, they need an Ultimate soundtrack for ROTS, because about a third of the music in the movie isn't on the CD.

El Chuxter
11-09-2005, 05:32 PM
Call me crazy, but why has "Ben Kenobi's Death/TIE Fighter Attack" making all these "best ofs"? Good track, but if you're pressed for time, it's one of the first cuts, I'd think.

JediTricks
11-09-2005, 05:55 PM
Call me crazy, but why has "Ben Kenobi's Death/TIE Fighter Attack" making all these "best ofs"? Good track, but if you're pressed for time, it's one of the first cuts, I'd think.
What?!? You are a mad fiend! That track is friggin' ICONIC! It totally delivers on the emotions of the scenes, such a great contrast from Kenobi's sacrifice to the heroes' escape and into the action of the TIE battle. I'm listening to it right now, and all I can picture is TIE Fighters swarming and firing and getting blown up, that sounds of the TIE cannons and the quad lasers going off are ringing through my imagination, it's such an awesome piece that it can deliver THAT strongly.

decadentdave
11-09-2005, 06:58 PM
I agree there should be an Ultimate expanded score to Sith but most of the missing tracks are cues taken from the other films... Duel of the Fates, Battle Droid March, etc. The most notably missing new cues are Anakin's Takeoff from the Jedi Temple, Arresting the Chancellor and Sith Lord Revealed and also the Confrontation on Mustafar. I'm sure there will be bootlegs and "promo" copies floating around with these cues for years to come, but usually these are just extracted from the surround channels and have echoes of effects and such mixed in as evidenced on the Attack of the Clones expanded "promo."

Ben Kenobi's Death and Tie Attack is good. Heck, they are ALL good. As for a compilation, it is sometimes nice to have a variety of ecclectic tracks, not just the most popular cues. Sometimes I'm in more of a "moody" kind of a mood instead of loud and bombastic.

El Chuxter
11-09-2005, 07:07 PM
Yeah, I think it's a great track. But if I'm putting together a one-disc compilation of the greatest music from the entire saga, it's not going to make the cut. The two-disc version, yes. :)

JediTricks
11-09-2005, 09:16 PM
What ANH music would you put on there then?

Hmm, that makes me think of another thread, I will start it now...