PDA

View Full Version : A Clonetrooper custom idea ...

vader121
11-09-2005, 03:17 PM
I have a pretty cool idea (I think) for all you customizers. How about a Clonetrooper that is battle-damaged to the point of having a huge part of the helmet blown off. Kinda show half the face maybe. Could even do that for parts of the other armor. Also, make it dirty.

Would need to combine pieces of figures into one but I haven't seen this done yet and I thought it would be kinda cool.

:D

mastermatt24
11-10-2005, 02:52 AM
Ive done this but the pics I took looked like cŪ@p and they showed like none of the detail, and unfourtunatly I dont have it anymore (my friend really liked it so I gave it to him for his b day)
I may try this again because I have an excess of at te gunners- and I wouldnt need to do much except for the weathering :D

mastermatt24
11-12-2005, 03:29 AM
I had no school today, and I happened to kick the door to my closet and low and behold an At Te gunner falls out, and I remeber this thread.. So guess what I did today? Thats right.. I made a clone with his helmit partially blown off! (And also a star destoryer commander) :) Its kinda late so Ill do pics and all the fun stuff tomorrow. Me --> :tired:

mastermatt24
11-12-2005, 01:59 PM
Alright here the are:
http://photobucket.com/albums/b250/mastermatt24/Customs/Epsilon%20Squad/
:)

jedi master sal
11-13-2005, 12:22 PM
Nice!

If you can get clearer pictures that would be awesome. Hmm I might be inspired to try one of these myself.

mastermatt24
11-13-2005, 02:17 PM
I try and try and try.. I really think its the camra (My dad got it for free- He works at kodak :) ), its good, but not for close ups and detail. I even tried the being semi-far away trick and croping it later and even that didnt work.. And I really dont feel like buying a new camra. :o
So.. quick fix: Just click on link and dont enlarge any of the pics! ;)

jaxx
11-14-2005, 10:23 AM
SO... did you get this idea from watching the "Special Features" disc from Episode 3?
In the "web-docs" option, under one of the props features, there's a segment that shows several concepts of trooper armor. One of the troopers has almost half of his helmet blown off.
Nice work; though, to mastermatt24! You did a really nice job of taking this concept and making it work well.

mastermatt24
11-14-2005, 11:40 PM
Nice work; though, to mastermatt24! You did a really nice job of taking this concept and making it work well.
Hey- thanks. I know I shouldnt be getting back into customizing.. I hardly have time as it is.. :cross-eye

SO... did you get this idea from watching the "Special Features" disc from Episode 3?
In the "web-docs" option, under one of the props features, there's a segment that shows several concepts of trooper armor. One of the troopers has almost half of his helmet blown off.
I had the idea awhile ago (see previous post), but this thread "reincarnated" the idea for me (thanks by the way vader ;) )
Ill have to check out that feature on the disk. :D

OC47150
11-16-2005, 10:04 AM
Alright here the are:
http://photobucket.com/albums/b250/mastermatt24/Customs/Epsilon%20Squad/
:)

Did you cut or burn the hole in the helmet?

mastermatt24
11-17-2005, 01:17 AM
Both. There was more cutting involved thought- I "cut" it out with an exacto and then burned edges and then painted them with black and red. I then cut and melted his pauldron around his right face area- I was goin for a look like he was hit by a grenade or some other explosive.

vader121
12-01-2005, 03:32 PM
Nice work! I'm glad that one of my threads was taken as seriously as you did. Very cool.

mastermatt24
12-02-2005, 09:50 PM
I was wonderig if you were ever going to reply.. ;) Thank YOU for the idea and the kind words.
Was what I made what you were picturing?

Darth Cruel
12-06-2005, 07:33 PM
I saw an eBay auction that had a link to a website called Battle Damage (battledamage.com). They had an unbelieveable figure for auction with blaster damage (including a chunk blasted off of the helmet) lightsaber slashes (with blood coming out over the armor on the thigh) and a lot of battle dirt. It was incredible, but the pics on that website are very small and it is difficult to see how good the work is.

vader121
12-07-2005, 08:23 AM
Yes it is! :D Now all you need to do is make a small mini diorama and scatter Battle Droid parts around the feet of the figure. Gives the impression that a major battle just ensued and the standing Clone trooper was victorious!!!

mastermatt24
12-07-2005, 10:26 PM
I could do that... but I dnt know if I have any droids to kill.. :dead:

Kidhuman
12-07-2005, 11:20 PM
Very nice job Matt.

mastermatt24
12-07-2005, 11:51 PM
THanks KH :)

err.. now I want to do another member for epsilon sqaud and make a diorama.. and thats all im going to be able to think about until I do it. :sad:
and as if I dont have enough projects going.. I started another painting too for someone.. ugh! :cross-eye

OC47150
12-08-2005, 08:06 AM
I could do that... but I dnt know if I have any droids to kill.. :dead:

Check comic shops that sell figures, Matt. The one I frequent regularly seels loose/traded figures reasonably cheap.

I know I feel better about chopping up a figure that only cost me $3 compared to $5 or more. :thumbsup:

vader121
12-08-2005, 11:31 AM
How about the Battle droid that came with that Mace Windu deluxe pack that is actually sliced in half? Also, maybe you could sacrifice 2 droids from the EP1 era to hack up for this. I would be interested in seeing it if it ever comes to fruition.

OC47150
12-08-2005, 12:44 PM
How about the Battle droid that came with that Mace Windu deluxe pack that is actually sliced in half? Also, maybe you could sacrifice 2 droids from the EP1 era to hack up for this. I would be interested in seeing it if it ever comes to fruition.

I believe that droid is all one piece.

There was a droid in an Ep. 1 playset that was held together by a magnet. I bought one or two for customizing for $2 each.

I've also used the AOTC 3PO/battle droid deluxe set droid. Found those for $4 at KB. And 3PO is good for customizing, too!