PDA

View Full Version : orange utapah clone trooper first pics up

rich_of_the_dead
11-10-2005, 01:33 PM
:twisted: over @ entertainmentearth in the geonosis wave they have an orange utapah clone trooper in the wave pics check it out heres a link
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS85770C#LargeImage

oh yeah plus yoda has a cloak now

ROTJLuke
11-10-2005, 04:56 PM
:twisted: over @ entertainmentearth in the geonosis wave they have an orange utapah clone trooper in the wave pics check it out heres a link
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS85770C#LargeImage

oh yeah plus yoda has a cloak now

I like the Yoda figure, even if it is rehash, and I love the Utapah Clone, even tho it sucks its 1 per case. Its gonna be a real pain in the *** to find...:(

Blackened88
11-10-2005, 07:09 PM
Thats great but it's Geneosis not Utapau. So whats the clone gonna be for the Coruscant wave or what ever it is?

figrin bran
11-10-2005, 07:48 PM
Thats great but it's Geneosis not Utapau. So whats the clone gonna be for the Coruscant wave or what ever it is?

i guess we'll have to wait for some sort of clarification. this clone has to be part of the coruscant wave. it's one thing to have such liberal "battle of so and so" designations but when we're talking about characters not even in that movie, then there's some explaining to do.

as for the figure itself, i'd like to build a small squadron of these guys but at one per case and at a possible $6.99 (??) pricepoint, it might be hard to.

Blackened88
11-10-2005, 08:12 PM
I know, the entire case is all messed up 2 of almost everyone except the ones that really need it besides Jango.

MajikNinja
11-10-2005, 09:20 PM
i think they should just drop the "battle of..." themes and just release the damn figures. and i really don't care if they came out with a grevious during the battle of naboo... it makes no difference to me, i honestly could care less what battle they fought in. as long as i get the figures, i'm satisfied.

Jayspawn
11-10-2005, 09:33 PM
I'm with MajikNinja. The "Battle of" names are stupid! Why would there be an Episode II Utapah Clone Trooper in that wave?

Just release the damn figures!

plasticfetish
11-10-2005, 09:46 PM
i think they should just drop the "battle of..." themesWhen they presented the idea at Comic-Con, it made sense. From the three waves that we've seen, it does make sense, except for the addition of this "Orange Utapaun Clone Trooper." I'll believe it when I hear it from Hasbro. (Nice figure though, hope we do get it at some point.)

MajikNinja
11-10-2005, 10:13 PM
When they presented the idea at Comic-Con, it made sense. From the three waves that we've seen, it does make sense, except for the addition of this "Orange Utapaun Clone Trooper." I'll believe it when I hear it from Hasbro. (Nice figure though, hope we do get it at some point.)well it may have made ssnse then, but then again hasbro has problems with making sense. but anyway, i also think its *** that they call it "UTAPAUN" like the shadow trooper... where were these shadow troops on utapau in the movie? and even if they were there, why does it have to include planet name in the title? its not like they are restricted to that planet alone or from that planet. The orange troop that was part of cody's battalion makes some sence that it says utapau because thats the only time you see them, but you don't even see the shadow trooper in the movie, so why does it have the planet in the title? you only see the blue 501's troops on courasant but you don't see that planet name in their title. I would imagin you won't see the planet name on the Galactic Marine when it comes out, even though you only see them once... sometimes I get the idea that hasbro just dosen't care, but then again.. maybe the people making/marketing these toys dont care much for star wars.

p.s excuse my spelling... im very tired.

LTBasker
11-11-2005, 03:54 AM
but anyway, i also think its gay that they call it "UTAPAUN" like the shadow trooper... where were these shadow troops on utapau in the movie?

It's happy they use the planet name? Hmm, interesting.

Anyhoo, since these are "Shadow Troopers" we can assume they were not supposed to have been seen. :p

Anyways, it would seem that Hasbro is just using the planet/battle of stuff as just a generic theme but not having it be a guideline for a wave, just where most of the figure concepts originate from. Makes sense that way, well not total sense but if you think like Hasbro I'm sure it makes perfect case.

jedi master sal
11-11-2005, 07:37 AM
Really I think it's a pointless debate. Does it really matter if they got the "Battle of" wrong? I guess if you're a carded collector and want it to be perfect...

But me, I'm ecstatic that they are even making this one to begin with and I'm opening these bad boys up! One per case however is an absolutely LUDICROUS idea. There's no excuse for that now. They KNOW the popularity of clones. And I certainly don't want to here that "next year's a non-movie year." Some of us have been fans for the almost 30 years since SW has been in existence. I don't think we're going to "forget" about the movie and not be interested in the toys all of the sudden. And what of the newer fans who grew up on the prequels? They certainly aren't going to just drop off the map either. Shameful if these are 1 per case.

Man, that fig should be at least 3-4 per case, if not 6. With scalpers knowing the market for these and even some collectors changing their ways and looking to make a few bucks off of popular figs (I've seen this happening a lot lately), it's going to be hard for many of us to buy what we want.

Heck, I still dont' have the last 5 of ROTS figs.

Anyway, back on topic, I'm excited about Cody's Clones finally being made. I just want them to be plentiful.

-Sal

spang2005
11-11-2005, 10:55 AM
Coule it be that maybe they've noticed the current abundance of #41 clones in the ROTS line? Sure, when this first comes out it will be hard to find, but I'm sure it will be included in future assortments as well, is is the case with the current SA clone.

jedi master sal
11-11-2005, 01:58 PM
Coule it be that maybe they've noticed the current abundance of #41 clones in the ROTS line? Sure, when this first comes out it will be hard to find, but I'm sure it will be included in future assortments as well, is is the case with the current SA clone.

See the problem with the #41 (as well as the #6 clone) are that they are not movie accurate. Okay maybe two only white (with battle damage) clones were seen in the whole movie. But the figures came out before we knew how many white clones would be in ROTS. I think it's safe to say that we expected the majority of clones to be all white. Especially since we had seen pics of the figures months in advance. That and since Stormtroopers are all white (the basic trooper mind you. I'm not including the sand/snow/scout in this discussion), we thought, or at least I thought, they'd be predominantly white in the movie.

People were all to happy to buy them when they first came out. Then when we saw the movie and that in fact they were of color variations and not white, sales started to subside.

Had Hasbro made the Utapau trooper from the onset, they would have been extremely HTF from the get-go and I'd even venture to say a little difficult still. Heck I'd gladly trade in my over 300 white clones for Utapau clones. Such is life. I think of them as the transitional troopers from Republic to the FIRST Stormtroopers. So it's all good there.

Trust me had the clones been all white in the movie, you wouldn't still be seeing them, or at least in greatly dimished numbers than what you may be seeing them in now.
-Sal

BoShek
11-12-2005, 10:46 AM
Looks like a decent wave, I hope my Wal Mart gets it.