PDA

View Full Version : Connecting Platform's in ROTS figures...

MajikNinja
11-10-2005, 09:56 PM
I got the tactical ops trooper today, it came with a platorm that looks like it connects to another, then i notcied one of the astro droids came with one too, i dont remember what it was... do these create anything interesting or is it just a crappy extra hasbro felt like adding?

Mandalorian Candidat
11-11-2005, 09:35 AM
I can't remember how they go together but I think I remember linking them up at least in one way. The swamp/forest ones can hook together easily and so can the lava style ones (comes with C-3PO and Padme) in two different ways.

MajikNinja
11-11-2005, 12:21 PM
thank you, i was just curious if they made anything special.

JediTricks
11-11-2005, 03:13 PM
Besides the connection tabs that some share with others, the curved wall/floor can connect with tabs at the cut angle, grooves on the back, and a couple other ways. Unfortunately, they don't look good together.

Mandalorian Candidat
11-11-2005, 09:42 PM
I've tried to connect those floor-styled ones and they just don't look good together. I'd prefer something that connects and looks natural, but I'll take a pack-in figure stand anyway I can get it.

The one problem I've come across is that many figures just can't stand correctly on the stands. Bacarra, Gree, 41 trooper, AT-RT driver, and Aayla Secura come to mind as ones that don't fit well with ROTS stands. I have to use regular generic stands for those, though Aayla problem is more her small, flimsy knee joints. Many of the clones don't have pegholes deep enough for the stands. I've had to drill deeper holes. In fact, my VOTC Boba Fett had no feet holes at all--they were filled in.