PDA

View Full Version : An elite group of figures that have never been made...

Droid
11-11-2005, 08:56 AM
I know we've done a lot of lists of figures that have never been made. But there is an interesting group of figures that have never been made - those that had lines of dialogue in the move AND were named ON SCREEN.

Episode I - Kitster
Episode II - Corde
Queen Jamilla
Dorme
Cliegg Lars
Episode III - Commander Cody (rumored to be coming)
Episode IV - none
Episode V - Veers (already made or coming depending on point of view)
Captain Needa
Episode VI - none

Can anyone think of others? I didn't Count something like "Red 2" or "Red Leader" as a name (I have such a hard time believing Red Leader has been made as a figure given how terrible that figure was).

Anyway, discounting those rumored or coming, there are six figures in a really elite class: Kitster, Corde, Queen Jamilla, Dorme, Cliegg Larrs, and Captain Needa.

Now only Kitster, Cliegg, and Needa are in my personal Top 50 most wanted figures, but I really think these six figures should be made! I have very little hope that Corde or Dorme will ever see plastic though.

Battle Droid
11-11-2005, 12:07 PM
Episode I - Tey How
Daultay Dofine

Episode II - Lushros Dofine / Lott Dod

Episode III - Rune Haako
Nute Gunray

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-11-2005, 12:14 PM
Episode I - Tey How
Daultay Dofine

Episode II - Lushros Dofine / Lott Dod

Episode III - Rune Haako
Nute Gunray
None of those were ever named onscreen, though they did have lines. Oh, and Lushros Dofine is coming, though he was in ROTS, not AOTC, and Lott Dod was made in 2002 (he came with a removable hat and holo Sidious).

I assume you meant to say "Gilramos Libkath/Lott Dod" instead, even though the character in AOTC is supposedly indeed Lott Dod with a different face/voice and not a different character.

Thanks for making a list of onscreen-named figures that haven't been named yet . . . we're so close, and yet so far!

Battle Droid
11-11-2005, 12:18 PM
Lushros Dofine is coming, though he was in ROTS, not AOTC, and Lott Dod was made in 2002 (he came with a removable hat and holo Sidious).

Oops, yeah I meant Gilramos Libkath.

jedi master sal
11-11-2005, 12:39 PM
Episode I:
Ben Quadinaros (Okay so he didn't really speak, more like squealled with frustration, but he's needed for the Pod Race scene as he directly impacted it.)
http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/benquadinaros/index.html
Daultay Dofine-though not "named" he did speak. He's teh Trade Federation Captian and was refered to as a "stunted piece of slime" by Darth Sidious.
http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/daultaydofine/index.html

ESB:
Toryn Farr ("Stand-by Ion control..FIRE") Not named but come on...Easy figure too, Just use a Hoth Leia and swap the head!
http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/torynfarr/index.html

Okay so 2 out of the 3 weren't really named, but had some importance in as much as their respective parts were used.

-Sal

Turbowars
11-11-2005, 12:50 PM
Is Daultay Dofine the guy with the metal on his eyes and mouth?

El Chuxter
11-11-2005, 01:01 PM
Ratts Tyrell and Mawhonic both spoke (or screamed, or yelped, as the case may be) in TPM. And Fode & Beed named them both.

The guy with the metal eyes and mouth is actually a girl (of sorts) named Tey How. I've also seen it spelled in official sources as Tey Hwo. Not sure if that's just a typo or not.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-11-2005, 01:05 PM
Is Daultay Dofine the guy with the metal on his eyes and mouth?
Daultay Dofine is the guy who says "Are you brain dead?" And hangs out with Nute and Rune before Sidious tells him to get out of his sight. He later says "Activate the droids" and "Nothing can get through our shields" or something like that.

Tey How is the one with metal on his/her face: "They've gone up the ventilation shaft!"

Lushros Dofine is the coolest Neimoidian ever. "All batteries fire, fire!" And of course, "Magnetize! Magnetize!" :D

And there are still a buttload of characters who spoke and haven't been made into figures, the list would be huge. For instance, there's Anakin's friends (Seek, Amee, Melee, and Wald) and many senators (including Aks Moe). Plus, all the regular Imperial goons and grunts.

Battle Droid
11-11-2005, 01:17 PM
Tey How is the one with metal on his/her face: "They've gone up the ventilation shaft!"

That's Sil Unch, Tey How's lines are "Yes sir." and "We're losing power, there seems to be a problem with the main reactor."

I guess Sil Unch should be made as well.

Droid
11-11-2005, 02:08 PM
They did make figures of both Rune Haako and Nute Gunray. I didn't require that a figure be made for every movie that character appeared in. For instance, Owen is named and speaks in Episode II, but since we have an Episode IV figure of him I didn't count him.

I agree, there are a number of figures who are named but don't speak(Quadrinaros) and a number of characters who speak but aren't named in the movie (General Tagge) that should be made. My list was of those characters that met both requirements. And I did not count screams, grunts, groans, gasps, or just "a noise". You had to actually speak a line of dialogue that was either in English (basic) or subtitled.

And as I said, titles did not count. Nute Gunray wasn't named on screen until Episode II, so making this list when Episode I came out he wouldn't have been on it. Viceroy, Red Leader, Red 2, Commander, Captain, none of that counted. You had to be NAMED.

I'm pretty sure no one has added anyone that met those two requirements, but I agree that almost everyone listed SHOULD be made as a figure.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-12-2005, 12:42 PM
That's Sil Unch, Tey How's lines are "Yes sir." and "We're losing power, there seems to be a problem with the main reactor."

I guess Sil Unch should be made as well.
I thought they were the same character? Hmm, I'll have to check that out next time I watch TPM.

bkeddinger
11-14-2005, 06:48 AM
How about the ghost of Hayden in ROTJ? Which version of the OT are we going with here? :lipsrseal

Droid
11-14-2005, 12:17 PM
Here is the list of characters who were named on screen, but have never had a figure made.

I have excluded characters that were named but do not appear in the movies including Sifodyas, Master Vos, Darth Plagueis the Wise, Commander Carney, and Tank.

Episode I - Gardulla the Hutt (EU says she is in the box with Jabba at the
pod race)
Kitster
Ben Quadrinaros
Mawhonic (only named on DVD, not in theatrical version)
Clegg Holdfast (only named on DVD)
Dud Bolt (only named on DVD)
Episode II - Corde
Queen Jamilla
Dorme
Liam (told by Yoda to dim the room)
Cliegg Lars
Episode III - Oddball (depending on your point of view, there is a Clone pilot
figure, but is it Oddball?)
Commander Cody (on the way)
Episode IV - Tiree (was Tiree shown in the film?)
Hutch (was Hutch shown in the film?)
Episode V - Veers (on the way or already made)
Hobbie (Rogue 4) (was he shown in the film?)
Janson (was he shown in the film?)
Captain Needa
Episode VI - none

Anyone have additions or disagree?

Droid
11-14-2005, 12:46 PM
Here is a list of figures that spoke lines of dialogue either in English (basic) or with subtitles that have not been made into a figure. I am sure many of you know character names for these folks that I do not.

Episode I - Female pilot of the Diplomat Ship
Daultay Dofine
Male pilot of Diplomat Ship
Tey How
Gragga (on the way)
Jira
Kitster
Wald (Rodian)
Amee (working on thing for years)
Girl (never gonna run)
Seek (let's play ball)
Guard (boy is here to see Padme)
Rabe (I'm sorry Ani)
Aks Moe (or does Aak Aak pretty much cover this?)
Gungan Lookout (Daza comin')
General Ceel-Halt (starten up the shields) OR IS THAT TARPALS?
Bravo 2
Bravo 3

Episode II - Guard: Senator, final approach to Coruscant
Corde
Aide (Rodian): Loyalist Committee has arrived
Dorme
Coruscant driver: what the
Coruscant Dug: Jedi poodoo
Jocasta Nu
Refugee Server Droid
Queen Jamilla
Cliegg Lars
Nimodian on Geonosis sometimes identified as Lott Dodd, but
with a different voice

Episode III - Invisible Hand Captain (on the way)
Niemodian: all batteries fire (is that the captain?)
Firefighter pilot (on the way)
Kashykk Biker Scout Clone: All units over here, let's go (unless
count preposed one made for chicken walker)
Yellow Clone: No one could have survived that fall (on the way)
Commander Cody (on the way)
Utaupan: is he bringing additional warriors
Youngling - Master Skywalker, there are too many of them
Colton: receiving a message from Chancellor's Office
Medical Droid - medically she's completely healthy

Episode IV - Officer: There goes another one
Officer: Hold your fire
Officer: Holding her is dangerous
Officer: Battle station plans are not aboard this ship
Tagge
Officer: Final check is complete (Motti?)
Officer: Our scouts have reached Dantooine
Officer: To your stations, come with me
Officer: There's no one on board, sir
Officer: TK421 why aren't you at your post?
Officer: Where are you taking this thing?
Willard
Pilot: What good are snub fighters
Pilot: That's impossible
Red Leader (unless you count the terrible figure made)
Chief: R2 pretty beat up
Red 10
Red 7
Red 9
Red 11
Officer: We count 30 rebel ships
Commander: Enemy Fighters coming your way
Gold 5
Gold 2
Officer: We've analyzed their attack
Technician: We'll get to work on him right away

Episode V - Deck Officer: Possible cam in through South Entrance
Officer: Hasn't come in through South Entrance
Officer: Tauntaun will freeze
Officer: Sir, all patrols are in
Officer: Shield Doora must be closed (Derlin, on the way?)
Rogue 2 Pilot (Zev?) - Echo base I've got something
Officer: It's metal.
Officer: Groups 7 and 10 stay behind to fly speeders
Officer: General there's a fleet of star destroyers
Pilot: Two fighters against a Star Destroyer
Officer: Everyone to your stations
Imperial: Sir, rebel ships are coming
Imperial: Good, first catch of the day
Torynn Farr: Stand by Ion control
Officer: Spotted Imperial Walkers
Pilot: Good luck Luke (Wedge?)
Imperial officer: Take evasive action
Imperial: And that was the last time they appeared (Needa?)
Imperial: Yes, sir
Imperial: Sir, we have a priority signal from Avenger
Needa
Imperial: Shipe no longer appears on our scope
Imperial: Vader demands an update
Imperial: Lord Vader, ship approaching, X-wing class
Imperial: Skywalker has just landed
Imperial: Yes, sir

For Episode VI - Imperial: Starting our approach
Imperial: Shield will be deactivated
Imperial: Inform Commander Lord Vader's shuttle has arrived
Jerjerrod (rumored)
Imperial: Transmit code for shield passage
Imperial: This is the Rebel who surrendered to us
Imperial: Freeze
Imperial: You Rebel scum
Gray Leader
Green Leader
Mon Calamari: Admiral, we have enemy ships
Rebel: There's too many of them
Imperial: Bring those two down here
Rebel: Got it
Rebel: Three of them coming in
Imperial: We're in attack position now
Imperial: Fire
Rebel: She's gonna blow
Rebel: I'm hit
Rebel: I'm on it, Gold Leader
Imperial: Send three squads to help
Imperial: Sir
Rebel: Copy, Gold Leader
Imperial: Sir, we've lost our bridge deflector
Imperial: Too late

I think it would be absurd for them to make the vast majority of these imperials and rebels. If I have a figure wearing the correct uniform than I'm happy. But I want General Tagge (who is on the list) and so somebody else may want "You Rebel Scum" so I put them all on the list.

Droid
11-14-2005, 12:52 PM
As far as the characters who had dialogue I'd be happy with:

Daultay Dofine, Tey How, Gragga, Jira, Kitster, Wald, Corde, Dorme, Jocasta Nu, Queen Jamilla, Cliegg Lars, the Invisible Hand Captain, firefighter pilot, Kashykk Biker SCout, Yellow Clone, Cody, the other speaking Utapaun, the human youngling, Colton, the medical droid, Tagge, Willard, Red Leader, Torynn Farr, Needa, and Jerjerrod.

Is 26 figures to much to ask for those figures who spoke dialogue?

Droid
11-14-2005, 12:54 PM
As far as the named figures I'd like: Gardulla the Hutt, Kitster, Ben Quadrinaros, Mawhonic, Dud Bolt, Corde, Queen Jamilla, Dorme, Cliegg Lars, Commander Cody, Veers, and Needa.

That's 12 figures. Needa is the only figure named on screen in the original trilogy that isn't coming and hasn't been made that I would really like!

Battle Droid
11-14-2005, 01:10 PM
Niemodian: all batteries fire (is that the captain?)

Yeah, his name is Lushros Dofine.

trandoshan666
11-14-2005, 05:12 PM
Was there ever a figure made for Dack? He had lines and was named on screen in ESB.

Rogue II
11-14-2005, 05:22 PM
How about "Rebebl Base, this is Rogue 2. I found them, repeat, I found them." from ESB? I think his name is Zev. Heck, they could just make a new Hoth Rebel battle pack with Dack, Zev, Torynn Farr, and a couple repainted R2 units.

Battle Droid
11-14-2005, 05:33 PM
Was there ever a figure made for Dack? He had lines and was named on screen in ESB.

I think he came with the Wal-Mart exclusive Snowspeeder.

Droid
11-14-2005, 05:40 PM
How about "Rebebl Base, this is Rogue 2. I found them, repeat, I found them." from ESB? I think his name is Zev. Heck, they could just make a new Hoth Rebel battle pack with Dack, Zev, Torynn Farr, and a couple repainted R2 units.

I listed Zev (Rogue 2). Also, he actually is rumored to be coming with a re-reelease of the snowspeeder.

I count Zack since he was released. But it was a terrible figure. Kind of the same nonsense they did with Red Leader and the original Veers with the
AT-AT. Take a generic figure and just put the character's name on the card.

trandoshan666
11-14-2005, 06:39 PM

Not a bad idea at all. Even if Dack has already been made, that would be something worth buying.

tagmac
11-14-2005, 08:44 PM
Perhaps I missed something, but I'm surprised no one has mentioned young Owen and Beru in this thread.

Slicker
11-15-2005, 01:04 AM
Perhaps I missed something, but I'm surprised no one has mentioned young Owen and Beru in this thread.He mentioned it but said that since duplicates were bound to happen we already have them in Episode IV form so technically we have them.

Hutch (was Hutch shown in the film?)
As for "Hutch" we kinda have him. There's some debate as to what is his name really is it's either Dutch or Hutch (They say Hutch in the movie but I've seen many sources that say it was Dutch) and obviously it it's Dutch we already have him.

Hobbie (Rogue 4) (was he shown in the film?)He gives that awesomely delivered:rolleyes:;) line saying "two fighters against a Star Destroyer"