PDA

View Full Version : Bond - 20

GNT
01-19-2002, 09:09 PM
How Much do you know about the upcoming James Bond 20th movie?

Cast:

Pierce Brosnan - James Bond
Rosamund Pike - ?
Halle Berry - Jinx
Toby Stephens - Graves
Rick Yune - ?

The local newspaper reported here reported that the Bonds "working" title is Bond xx(this will probably change though) and also a little hint by the director:

Tamahori(director),however , let slip a vital clue - take your eyes off that woman and pay attention 007 - When he said the music had been written.That means a title song,right?

Terrorism is the theme of the new James Bond film,North Korean terrorism is a key feature in the film.

Bond XX is to be shot in Hawaii,London, Iceland,Spain and Hong Kong!

hhhmmmm....I guess with Terrorism and that quote above I can see how they'll write poor Q out of the films :(

Wow!This is also my 400th topic :) Yay :)

Thoughts?

Fulit
01-19-2002, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by GNT
[b]

hhhmmmm....I guess with Terrorism and that quote above I can see how they'll write poor Q out of the films :(

Wow!This is also my 400th topic :) Yay :)

Thoughts?

Didn't they replace Q in the last film with that mustachioed fellow???

GNT
01-19-2002, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Fulit
Didn't they replace Q in the last film with that mustachioed fellow???

That was "R",he was the assistant to "Q",But since he has died(Died shortly after TWINE was released),they need to write him out of the Bond series,"R" replaces him now.

Fulit
01-19-2002, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by GNT

That was "R",he was the assistant to "Q",But since he has died(Died shortly after TWINE was released),they need to write him out of the Bond series,"R" replaces him now.

Didn't Q say he was retiring in TWINE? And then he says something about always having an exit.

GNT
01-19-2002, 10:48 PM

Didn't Q say he was retiring in TWINE? And then he says something about always having an exit.

I don't believe he said he was retiring in the film(Its been awhile since I've seen so I cant be sure) But I do remember Desmond Llewelyn saying he was going to retire(thats why they brought in "R") but then he died in the car crash or something only weeks after the film was out,very sad :cry: Even though he wont be in this one I bet it will somehow write him out :)

Fulit
01-19-2002, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by GNT

I don't believe he said he was retiring in the film(Its been awhile since I've seen so I cant be sure) But I do remember Desmond Llewelyn saying he was going to retire(thats why they brought in "R") but then he died in the car crash or something only weeks after the film was out,very sad :cry: Even though he wont be in this one I bet it will somehow write him out :)

I don't think it was a car crash, I think it was just old age. The guy was like 87 or something.

GNT
01-19-2002, 11:03 PM
I don't think it was a car crash, I think it was just old age. The guy was like 87 or something.

I'm pretty sure he died as a result of the car crash :)

PloKoon2385
01-19-2002, 11:17 PM
He did indeed die of a car crash. He crashed into a column in a tunnel. Q did also say that he was retiring (indirectly). So, that is a little weird.....

Fulit
01-19-2002, 11:22 PM
Hmm, i never heard anything about a car crash. Weird.

Emperor Howdy
01-20-2002, 03:09 AM
http://www.channel2000.com/sh/entertainment/news/articles/natlphae-entnews-19991219-211134.html

Yes, very sad indeed......but nevertheless, JOHN CLEESE ROCKS!!

Mike Troxell
01-20-2002, 11:48 AM
Apparently "R" (who was only called that jokingly by Bond in TWINE, and later referred by that in the credits) will be just Q in the new movie according to Dark Horizons.

SWAFMAN
01-20-2002, 04:31 PM
North Korean terrorism would almost certainly have to be a nuclear threat, as the Chinese sold them the warhead and missile technology for their "Dong Feng" (or something like that) ballistic missile program. I don't think they can reach England, but they can supposedly reach the west coast of the U.S.A.. That would be the most realistic scenaio.

2-1B
01-20-2002, 08:00 PM
Rick Yune was in The Fast and the Furious, as the racer who shot up Paul Walker's car after the film's first race.

I wonder if he'll be playing a villain in this Bond ? I hope that Halle Berry will be better than she was in Swordfish.

GNT
01-20-2002, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Caesar
I wonder if he'll be playing a villain in this Bond ?

Yes he is,Toby Stephens(Graves) and Rick Yune are both villains :)

Apparently "R" (who was only called that jokingly by Bond in TWINE, and later referred by that in the credits) will be just Q in the new movie according to Dark Horizons.

In the paper I read the same thing,I dont whant him to be the new "Q" :(

Rollo Tomassi
01-21-2002, 11:43 AM
"Q" is the name of the section or branch of the service that Major Boothroyd (Desmond Lewellyn) was in charge of. "Q" was his codemane/knickname, much like the head of the entire organization is "M" whether played by Judi Dench or somebody else. Since John Cleese is now in charge of "Q" branch, his code name will be "Q" as well. In the John Gardener books, Boothroyd had a female assistant knicknamed "Qute" (pronounced cute) who had a verbal insinuating relationship with Bond similar to the Bond/ Moneypenny thing.

***SPOILERS!!!*****As far as the upcoming Bond 20 goes, it concerns the renegade son of the current leader of North Korea (General Moon) who is called Colonel Moon (who is not cast yet). Rick Yune plays his henchman Zao. Halle Berry is the bad girl Jinx. The plot revolves around Colonel Moon trying to reunificate the two koreas by force in order to attack and take over Japan and then the rest of the free world. Michelle Yeoh is supposed to have a cameo. The possible titles so far are "Black Sun" and "If looks could Kill" It's doubtful that last one will make the cut because it is the title of the Richard Grieco 007 spoof from the 80's and somebody at EON will figure it out soon enough and dump that as a possible, leaving the title "Black Sun" as a reference to the Japanese "Rising Sun"

2-1B
02-01-2009, 03:39 PM
I hope that Halle Berry will be better than she was in Swordfish.

I guess we can't always get what we hope for. :cry:

JetsAndHeels
02-01-2009, 03:41 PM
I guess we can't always get what we hope for. :cry:

Dude, there are 2 great reasons to own Swordfish on dvd. :)

2-1B
02-01-2009, 03:47 PM
Hugh Jackman and John Travolta? :confused:

:D

JetsAndHeels
02-01-2009, 03:59 PM
Hugh Jackman and John Travolta? :confused:

:D

LoL, no I refer to them as "the one on the left" and "the one on the right". :)