PDA

View Full Version : Vader's Legion figure

kingyeti
11-13-2005, 10:25 AM
i just found two Vader's Legion figures with removable helmet at Kmart today. that was all they had. its not fully articulated but a nice find. i was there yesterday and all i saw new was a bunch of Commander Grees.

tgr3328
11-14-2005, 09:38 AM
Yes, it is the same figure as the AT-TE driver, but without the helmet pad or the harness.

Luuuuuuke
11-14-2005, 06:53 PM
that's good to hear they've appeared at Kmart. I found mine at Target. I'm not sure WalMart has them yet. It's a nice figure. Sure it's not the #41 SA clone mold, but it's still a good figure. Though it's the AT-TE gunner mold, it actually looks a lot better in my opinion. I think the paint scheme makes a world of difference. Mines also stand a LOT better than my AT-TE gunners, which is kind of weird since they're supposed to be the same.

Kill Solo
11-14-2005, 08:30 PM
I scored 4 of these at Target today and on sale!

TheDarthVader
11-14-2005, 08:58 PM
Guys, this is driving me crazy! What figure are yall talking about!? Can someone please post a picture!?

B.
TDV

figrin bran
11-14-2005, 09:15 PM
Guys, this is driving me crazy! What figure are yall talking about!? Can someone please post a picture!?

B.
TDV

we're talking about number #65, the tactical ops trooper.

mine has a very poor paint job on the helmet. there's a part in the back of the head that should be blue but they didn't bother to paint it. also, the lines on either side of the nostril area aren't completely painted in as there's a line of white between the nostrils and the blue stripe.

El Chuxter
11-14-2005, 10:38 PM
Mine looks like poop, with the soft plastic, dazed expression, and shoddy paint. I'm glad a buddy was able to score me a Jedi Temple Assault, or I'd have no worthwhile 501st Troopers.

Slicker
11-14-2005, 11:55 PM

B.
TDVHere's some pics TDV. Link. (http://www.jedidefender.com/gallery/imageFolio.cgi?direct=Collectibles/Modern/Revenge_of_the_Sith/Basic_Figures/65_Tactical_Ops_Trooper)

Jayspawn
11-15-2005, 08:30 AM
I'm still on the lookout for this figure. But I'm tempted just to get a bunch of white super articulated Clones and customize them. That might be the way to go. That way I'm guaranteed a good paint job.

tgr3328
11-15-2005, 09:06 AM
I scored 4 of these at Target today and on sale!

A sale? What kind of sale and how much did you pay? Was it an advertised sale or clearance?

Kill Solo
11-15-2005, 10:18 AM
A sale? What kind of sale and how much did you pay? Was it an advertised sale or clearance?

The Target I went to had all of their basic figures marked down to $4.79. I don't know if this was in their national Sunday flier or what, but a sale nonetheless. The pegs had little yellow tags that said they were on sale or marked down or something.

You know what's really cool, the 2 times I've found the Tact Ops Trooper at TArget they were having a sale on Star Wars stuff, the first time I bought them at the awesome price of $4.31 a pop!

CaptainSolo1138
11-15-2005, 10:58 AM
It looks like he was walking around in ground up M.U.S.C.L.E. figures.

tgr3328
11-15-2005, 11:10 AM
$4.79 seems to be the regular price now, although Target will often go on about a permanently reduced price as if it is a sale (like with the yellow tags). I my area (North Houston), the figures are $4.79 regular price where they used to be $5.99.

By the way, Kohl's is having a 50% sale this Wednesday, including toys. Its worth a look in case they have any worthwhile figures.

Kill Solo
11-15-2005, 12:07 PM
I my area (North Houston), the figures are $4.79 regular price where they used to be $5.99.

Dude, I reside in Northwest Houston! And the Target I frequent just recently "yellow stickered" all the SW basic figures.

El Chuxter
11-15-2005, 01:56 PM
"Yellow stickered" at Target? They use red stickers for clearance, and clearance sales are normally regional, if not national.

Kill Solo
11-15-2005, 02:20 PM
Well, then maybe it was a sale ....

Mandalorian Candidat
11-16-2005, 07:02 PM
"Yellow stickered" at Target? They use red stickers for clearance, and clearance sales are normally regional, if not national.

The Target by me has had them for $4.79 for a while now but just this week they changed the peg tags with a yellow reduced price tag that has a tab sticking out from the plastic tag cover. I think that's what he's talking about. Just Target trying to make all the unsuspecting parents think the Neimoidian Warriors are a good deal and get them out of the store. :yes:

Kill Solo
11-16-2005, 07:52 PM
I scored 2 more Tact Ops today from the same Target! Freaking sweet!

The Target by me has had them for $4.79 for a while now but just this week they changed the peg tags with a yellow reduced price tag that has a tab sticking out from the plastic tag cover.

That is what I'm talking about, reduced price sticker, not sale.

El Chuxter
11-16-2005, 08:56 PM
I actually noticed that at Target today as well. I thought you meant an actual sticker on the figure. :)

UKWildcat
11-16-2005, 10:22 PM
I've only found one of these figures so far. I will definitely pick up more for my army if I see them. It sounds like he won't be too tough to find, atleast I hope he isn't. Maybe he'll end up being like the SA Clone, go from being nowhere, to being everywhere.:rolleyes:

abell748
11-17-2005, 06:55 AM
I hope become plentiful, I need 6 (1 carded, 4 for a diorama, and 1 has a date with drillbit and a Yoda lightsaber).

jedi master sal
11-17-2005, 10:44 AM
Maybe he'll end up being like the SA Clone, go from being nowhere, to being everywhere.

This is very doubful for two main reasons:
It's a movie accurate clone and it's in the last wave, which Hasbro is notorious for making less of last wave figures.

Now add to that that it's an army builder and clones are popular, and you'll not likely ever see these in great numbers. I don't expect too, though it would be cool as I'm looking to army build this fig.

Jayspawn
11-17-2005, 03:59 PM
I broke down today and customized one out of a SA Clonetrooper. He turned out pretty good. I may make several more.

Mandalorian Candidat
11-17-2005, 05:02 PM
It's a movie accurate clone and it's in the last wave, which Hasbro is notorious for making less of last wave figures.

ding ding ding...you are correct sir. It's been this way since the demise of the POTF2 line with the Leia and Motti figures. Get them now cause it is very likely that they won't show up for much longer. I still am kicking myself for not picking up the OTC Celeb Amidala and Pablo Jill. They came and went in like a week.

UKWildcat
11-17-2005, 05:39 PM

Very true, but I can hope can't I? :D

Thats the only thing I'm really worried about... that they won't release a great number of them. Hopefully they will be more plentiful than that blasted Tarkin wave.

Now add to that that it's an army builder and clones are popular, and you'll not likely ever see these in great numbers. I don't expect too, though it would be cool as I'm looking to army build this fig.

I'm not too worried about other people army building where I'm at. It seems like I am the only one where I live that collects SW stuff. When the new waves are released they will sit for days and days, thankfully. No scalpers or anything, that I've encountered. So as long as enough are released, I should be able to build my army of them. I atleast want to find 5 more...

We'll see what happens.

jedi master sal
11-18-2005, 04:15 PM
I still am kicking myself for not picking up the OTC Celeb Amidala and Pablo Jill. They came and went in like a week.

I know a Kmart by me still has Pablo, maybe Padme. Would you like for me to pick those up for you? They are (IIRC) $6.99 each-not including tax.

PM me if interested.

-Sal

tagmac
11-18-2005, 11:08 PM
Found the remnants of this case in two Targets today, but while the holo-figs and R4 were plentiful, no sign of the Tactical Ops Trooper. Looked like I was beaten out by an army builder who bought only all of these and the wookiees, but who knows for sure. Either way, not a good sign for the availability of this figure. Course, if you need a Clone #41, they're a dime a dozen now. :upset: