PDA

View Full Version : clone fire pilot

kingyeti
11-13-2005, 11:29 AM
are there any plans on releasing the clone trooper fire pilot? they would definitly look awesome in my collection.

mastermatt24
11-13-2005, 02:45 PM
Yes there are- I believe its in the Saga Coruscant wave. :)

Battle Droid
11-13-2005, 03:40 PM
Yep. :yes:

Scackmgack
11-20-2005, 03:19 PM
Are they clones?

I assume Coruscant had fire ships long, long, long before clones ever existed...those are civil craft, not military craft..

mastermatt24
11-20-2005, 04:42 PM
I was thinking the same thing, I think its just called that for some reason.

Slicker
11-20-2005, 06:14 PM
Are they clones?

I assume Coruscant had fire ships long, long, long before clones ever existed...those are civil craft, not military craft..That's actually a good thought.

I would have to think that maybe the military had it's own firecraft specifically for this purpose. I know the Navy has it's own fire trucks and such and for some craft you have to use special materials to put the fire out so I don't think they want a civilian fire company to try and put water on a fire that will only get bigger when water is added.

bobafrett
11-20-2005, 07:48 PM
Maybe the clones were hired as fire pilots, and soon took over jobs that many people on Coruscant didn't want. I think I saw a clone doing dishes at Dex's diner.

mastermatt24
11-20-2005, 10:16 PM
Hate to get geeky, but.. Was the landing pad they crashed on a military base?
Im pretty sure all major airports have their own police and fire forces, so if this one wasnt a civi base im sure it would still have it.

2-1B
11-20-2005, 10:34 PM
Wasn't that guy played by John Knoll ?
(by "played" I mean "sat there while wearing a helmet").

mastermatt24
11-21-2005, 01:41 AM
I have no idea.. I try to stay away from that kind of triva. :crazed:;)

CaptainSolo1138
11-21-2005, 08:19 AM
Hate to get geeky, but.. Was the landing pad they crashed on a military base?
Im pretty sure all major airports have their own police and fire forces, so if this one wasnt a civi base im sure it would still have it.It doesn't matter, since their never should've been landing strips anyway!:D

El Chuxter
11-21-2005, 11:51 AM
Fire Pilots are clones. Check your Visual Dictionary. :p

jedi master sal
11-21-2005, 04:26 PM
It doesn't matter, since their never should've been landing strips anyway!:D

My point entirely. Funny, my fiancee is the one who noticed this first in my house.

Only explanation is that there might still be some older vehicles in this time that would need landing strips to land on. (but when you pit that against Eu where there's been repulsor lift technology for more than 5000 years, it doesn't make sense)

2-1B
11-21-2005, 08:05 PM
Those turbo tanks seem to need area to roll around on.

jedi master sal
11-22-2005, 04:28 PM
Those turbo tanks seem to need area to roll around on.

But they wouldn't on Coruscant other than for a "pass and review" for the Emperor, much like the troops and AT-TEs did at the end of AOTC. The Turbo Tanks ar emuch better suited for ground combat. They'd run out of room fast on Coruscant to battle in.

Battle Droid
11-23-2005, 03:00 PM
The ROTS Depth Commentary says this about the landing strip,

With repulsorlifts so common, landing strips are increasingly rare on planets such as Coruscant. Smaller industrial ports such as this one that do business with more primitive traders maintain a few strips for vessels that require lengthy landing approaches.

Scackmgack
11-25-2005, 11:41 PM
I don't take the visual dictionaries as canon. I tend to go with "common-sense" explanations for things.

Fire ships are civil ships, hence the pilots would be civilians and not clones. The visual dictionaries create all sorts of silly stories - they need text to fill in the spaces between the pretty pictures...

jedi master sal
11-27-2005, 05:15 PM
I HAVE THE ANSWER IF FIRE SHIP PILOTS ARE CLONES OR NOT!

Okay first sorry about the all caps there.

The answer you seek can be found by watching the movie. During the hangar scene between Obi and Cody (just before Obi sets out for Utapau), you can see MANY of this very same character milling about the hangar. Some are looking at a V-wing, some more in the background.

Which brings me to my next point. I believe that this character is ALSO the V-wing pilot! Again getting this from that very same scene.

So they are clones, but not only that they may just be fighter pilots too!

-Sal