PDA

View Full Version : Jedi Council Advice

wedge1968
11-13-2005, 06:55 PM
I am in the process of putting together a Jedi Council diorama. However, there are a number of questions that I am hoping people can answer for me.

Can I use the body from Anakin that comes with one of those scenes and use it to make a Even Piell (sp?) that can sit?

Is the new Obi-Wan pilot the way to go for the Jedi scene? I hear he is really articulated.

What version of Anakin would you use?

Has anyone done a good Kit Fisto for the council? If so, what parts were used?

Does the Trebor Coleman sit down and work for this scene?

Who is the new guy in Episode III? Has anyone done a custom of him?

Has anyone popped the head on the new Agen Kolar and stuck it on the body of the Agen Kolar/other-guy-whose-name-I-can't-remember-who-is-the-same-person? How does it look?

Has anyone solved the standing problem with Depa? If so, how?

What other advice can anyone give to make the perfect Jedi Council scene?

Bacta Beast
11-14-2005, 12:10 AM
The most important thing first of all is what movie is your diorama based on, as in each of the prequels there have been membership changes. No point in trying to customize a character that wasn't in the scene you're trying to duplicate. The visual dictionary for Episode I is a great place to get info on the line up for that film. I don't remeber if the Ep. II dictionary did the same. But by the time Ep. III comes around there's so many empty seats!!

wedge1968
11-14-2005, 09:35 AM
What I want to do is have everyone so that I can do all three whenever the mood strikes me. It'd be great if I had enough money to buy enough to do all three, but I don't. Therefore, I am just going to have the others waiting in the wings so that I can change it up when the mood strikes me.

jlw
11-14-2005, 06:16 PM
Dude, its amazing you started this post. I am in the process of doing the same thing. In my area, the Jedi Council 3pks have been going for 9.99. The ones TRU didn't have I found on ebay for a good price. My main goal is to have everyone be able to sit down in a chair. Here is what I have done so far:

1. Mace Windu: I took ROTS Mace, popped him apart and added the skirt from the Jedi Council Mace. There is a thread on this forum showing pictures of this custom.

2. Yoda: just used standard Jedi Council Yoda

3. Saesee Tiin: used ROTS version

4. Plo Koon: boil & popped the waist of ROTS figure; used maroon t-shirt to make cloth skirt.

5. Yaddle: used Jedi Council Yaddle

6. Adi Gallia: used Jedi Council Adi with articulated knees

7. Eeth Koth: used Jedi Council Eeth with articulated knees

8. Even Piell: used Jedi Council Even; you can take his cloak off and he will sit in a chair.

9. Oppo Rancisis: used Jedi Council Oppo

10. Ki-Adi Mundi: used ROTS Ki-Adi; not sure yet if I'm gonna do the boil and pop to add a cloth skirt or not.

11. Deepa Billabba (sp?): O.K. here is the one I've almost ruined. I had to cut her body off just above her waist line. To make her look right I'm gonna have to change her outfit just a bit and give her a belt. The only one I've found that fits right is the one from the Deluxe Anakin to Vader figure. Then I will use the Shaak Ti Jedi Council figure legs and dark brown skirt; or I may just use a wide rubber band for a belt and paint it.

12. Long neck Jedi (can't remember name): used one from Jedi Council set.

13 Kit Fisto: You can pretty much boil and pop the ROTS figures at the waist articulation. So, I popped Kit at the waist and took the cloth skirt from Adi Gallia. Just like my Mace figure (see pics from other thread) I trimmed down the plastic skirt leaving the belt and two pieces of the tunic intack. I used a dremel to grind down the underside of the belt so the the chest of Kit would snap back down onto the Torso.

14. Luminari: just used ROTS figure

15. Shaak Ti: just used ROTS figure

16. Pablo Jill: used Saga figure, this and Coleman Trebor I will not customize; as much money as I had to spend on ebay to get them, plus they kinda sit in the chairs o.k.

17. Coleman Trebor: see above

18. Ager Kolar: just used ROTS figure, this way Eeth Koth and Ager look different

19. Staas Allie: used ROTS figure that came with BARC, she will sit in chair, plus she looks different than Adi Gallia

20. Obi-Wan Kenobi: YES use the ROTS pilot figure, great articulation plus the skirt is thin enough to allow the figure to sit down.

21: Anakin Skywalker: used the Anakin from the Evolutions 3 pk.

As far as I know that should cover the various members as seen in the movies. Once I get a new scanner I will update my website with images of the custom figures.

wedge1968
11-14-2005, 07:31 PM
$10!!!!!

Darn. I had two opened before, and I got the third when I needed to buy something to get the holo Palpatine. I just won another on ebay, as I did another last week. Therefore, I only need one more (Qui-Gon, Yoda, Ki-Adi-Mundi). Do they have that one for $10, and if so, will you grab one for me?

Thanks for all the advice for the figures. I was thinking about that Stass Allie with the speeder idea that you had. I guess my next move will be the articulated Obi-Wan, and then, I'll move from there.

Thank you for the advice. I will check out the pictures after dinner. Let me know if they have that last pack that I need and if you'd be willing to snag one for me.

DarthBrandon
11-14-2005, 10:34 PM
Here's a question, do you need sections 3 & 4 from the last council sets to complete it? Or could I just use another 1 & 2 section to finish it. 3 & 4 are hard to get, besides most of the figures I can substitute with others. Any takers?

wedge1968
11-14-2005, 10:39 PM
Honestly, I just need one more, and it could be any one (as long as I have the platform, the middle section, and the chairs). The only council member I don't have is Ki-Adi-Mundi, and finding a figure of him to sit in a chair should be hard to do (I have two or three lose right now, but I don't think the knees bend). There's a guy on ebay that is selling the council version with a chair, so if I really wanted it, I could get it.

jlw
11-15-2005, 06:56 AM
The only Jedi Councils they have left in my area are the ones with Obi-Wan standing, Anakin standing, and Eeth Koth standing. By the way, the Eeth Koth standing figure is crap. He only has arm and head articulation. Its much like the Jedi Army figures. They had one with Qui-Gon left, but it sold before I could get to it. So, I just bought another of the same sets, then bought an Ep. 1 Yoda w/ chair off ebay. The ROTS Ki-Adi Mundi is perfect for the Jedi Council set.

And yes, I believe the middle sections of sets 1 & 2 are the same as 3 & 4. Because I bought two sets of the Jedi Council with Obi-Wan standing and I have all four pieces to the middle section now.

Basically, what I do is I only want ONE version of each figure (except Yoda). I'm not a completist so I don't have to have every version of Saesee Tiin. As long as I have the one from ROTS (the best version to date) I am fine. So, that is why I keep saying the ROTS Ki-Adi Mundi is best.

Also, a little advice on customizing ROTS figures. You can boil and pop the figures at the waist. The articulation there is similar to the elbow joint. Its not the old big hard plastic mushroom/peg thing from POTF2/Power of the Jedi collections. Basically the chest of the figures have a small hole in the bottom, and the peg on the torso is more arrow/tapered so it can just pop in place.

So, with figures like Kit Fisto you can boil and pop the figure at the waist. Then trim away the plastic skirt from the belt, then add a cloth skirt from one of the Jedi council members. Also, you'll need to take a dremel or heavy sandpaper and do some filing on the bottom side of the belt that lays on top of the cloth skirt; so that the belt lays down on the cloth better for the figure's chest to pop back onto the peg properly.

Lastly, heed my warning on customizing the Deepa figure. Basically she is statue. In order to make her legs articualted and give her a cloth skirt, you're gonna have to cut the figure off at the waist. There really is no way of dremeling out the legs or anything. I didn't realize this until it was too late, and almost ruined the figure. I will be able to save the figure, and she'll look fine, but not "movie accurate."

wedge1968
11-15-2005, 10:54 AM
Yeah, it seems like many of the ROTS figures (like Saesee Tiin) are the best available for the Jedi Council. I wish I had waited and not shelled out money for others. Oh well.

Thanks for the advice on the waist switching thing. It is going to help a lot. I have another set being mailed to me this week, and then, I just need one more before I really set out to get the figures looking like they should.

Also, thanks for the warning on Depa. When they were on the shelves, I remember seeing a few with no heads. I figured that she was put together pretty cheaply and that she'd be my biggest challenge.

I was looking at Kit Fisto parts last night. I think that the Clone War release would be the best head, but this figure seems to be pretty expensive.

Speaking of which, Trebor Coleman and Pablo Jill aren't cheap!!! I am thinking of pretending neither existed and that Luminara was on the council.

jlw
11-15-2005, 06:40 PM
Yeah, I think I paid about $25 each for Coleman Trebor and Pablo Jill off ebay. And I could just kill myself for the Pablo Jill because that guy was a peg warmer for so long. I basically collect for my youngest son. Everything gets opened and played with, but at the same time I like the satisfaction of knowing that he (we) have all the Jedi figures. So, when I customize now its really to add to the "play value" of the figure or to give my son a figure Hasbro hasn't made such as the Ithorian Jedi from the Clone Wars.

Also, concerning Luminari being on the Council, I always assumed she was; then when you mentioned her not being on the Council, I went back over all 3movies and blown away! The only real scene in Ep. 2 of the Jedi Council is actually taken from Ep. 1. So, in reality neither Ager nor Staas were on the Council in Ep. 2 Here are the Jedi Councils in Ep. 1, 2, & 3 starting with Plo Koon and working counter-clockwise

Ep. 1
1. Plo Koon
2. Mace Windu
3. Yoda
4. Ki-Adi-Mundi
5. Saesee Tiin
6. Yaddle
7. Even Piell
8. Oppo Rancisis
9. Adi Gallia
10. Yareal Poof
11. Eeth Koth
12. Depa Billaba

Ep. 2
1. Plo Koon
2. Mace Windu
3. Yoda
4. Ki-Adi-Mundi
5. Saesee Tiin
6. Shaak Ti
7. Even Piell
8. Oppo Rancisis
9. Adi Gallia/Staas Allie
10. Coleman Trebor
11. Eeth Koth/Ager Kolar
12. Depa Billaba

Ep. 3.
1. Plo Koon
2. Mace Windu
3. Yoda
4. Ki-Adi-Mundi
5. Obi-Wan Kenobi
6. Ager Kolar
7. Anakin Skywalker
8. Pablo Jill
9. Saesee Tiin
10. Kit Fisto
11. Shaak Ti
12. Staas Allie

wedge1968
11-15-2005, 09:26 PM
Was that Pablo-Jill? I thought that I read another name somewhere (it was similar to Trebor Coleman...like they changed one name but kept the other).

Wasn't one green and one orange?

I'll investigate.

wedge1968
11-15-2005, 09:35 PM
Ok, according to wikepedia (sp?), here is the deal:

Kcaj, Coleman
Star Wars character

Coleman Kcaj
Position
Homeworld The Skustell Cluster
Species Ongree
Gender Male
Height 1.65 meters
Affiliation Jedi, Galactic Republic
Portrayer
Master Coleman Kcaj was an Ongree, the same as the Jedi Knight Pablo-Jill. His fate is unknown, and it is not known if he was killed in the Jedi Temple when it was attacked.

If he's the same thing as Pablo-Jill, then that figure would be perfect (if I wanted to shell out that dough for another one). It seems like his name is a variation of Jack.

I have no idea what the source is on this guy, though. For all I know, this is made up.

wedge1968
11-15-2005, 09:38 PM
This is off a blog from Star Wars.com

Sweitt Concorkill was originally supposed to be an Ongree Senator, which is why the Coleman Kcaj image was used for the ROTS Visual Dictionary. The clothes were changed from Senate robes to Jedi robes and the character's name was changed to Coleman Kcaj because the CG modelers completely redid the Pablo-Jill model.

wedge1968
11-17-2005, 09:29 AM
PLEASE HELP!!!

I went to Toys R Us last night, and I picked up another Jedi Council scene for $7!!! I thought it was perfect; all I really wanted was the platform, chairs, and center piece. However, when I got home, I realized that there are two different center pieces. Now, I am not sure if the one I have can be used.

In the mail right now, I have the scene with Anakin. In my diorama, I have two of the sets with the standing Eeth Koth and one with the standing Obi-Wan. Does anyone know if the Anakin center piece will match up with the three I have? In other words, is the Anakin piece the same as the one that comes with the Qui-Gon set?

Any help would be wonderful. I suppose I'll know when that last set comes in the mail, but I hate waiting.