PDA

View Full Version : Guesses as to the next few Sideshow Figs?

anti-hero
11-14-2005, 09:48 AM
I'm betting on Maul for the next one. If not, then EIII Anakin or Obi Wan. I'd love to get a Vader next (Never bought one in the Hasbro line and don't have 200 bucks to spend on one fig of RAH) but I doubt we'll see him that soon.

Anyway, who do you guys think will be next. I heard someone mention that there would only be Jedi figures this year but that doesn't make sense to me (since they're doing half and half of OT and PT and the only OT Jedi would be Luke, Obi, and Yoda) so I'm thinking any character might be fair game.

BlueSnags
11-14-2005, 11:27 AM
I'm guessing ROTS Obi-Wan will be next.

For the rest of the year, I'll take a guess and say we'll be seeing:

ROTS Anakin
Plo Koon
Aayla Secura
Qui-Gon
Mace Windu

Once they start doing Boba Fett, Commander Cody, Maul, etc, then the line will really take off. With the "Order of the Jedi" theme though, doesn't look like we'll be seeing villians (aside from Anakin) for awhile.

Captain Spoon
11-14-2005, 11:43 AM
Ya it sounds like next year might be all jedi figures, which is cool. Sideshow Plo Koon and Ki Adi Mundi will look amazing. The one I really am interested to see what they do is Chewie. Will it be all plastic, will it be fur?, Who knows It could end up being the best star wars figure/statue ever.

maatu
11-14-2005, 02:07 PM
i hope it's obi won kenobi from rots.but i heard there not going to do characters where they take off masks. It's in there introduction of when they picked up the rights to do 12 inch from hasbro. the guy answering the questions. said no clone troopers like commander cody would be done. It is to hard and the helmuts are usually to big. They answered the question to doing chewbacca.He is one of the ones i want. there working on him.but is a nightmare. because they want to get him right. not screw it up like hasbro did. but it's going to be jedi /sith then core characters and villains and monsters. also military .whatever that means.But it is in the press release.

Turbowars
11-14-2005, 07:35 PM
I don't think they said they wouldn't do Cody. They just said they wouldn't make any characters with removable helmets. Which is fine with me I don't want to look at Jango's face anyways. They said If they can figure out a way to make Chewy with hair they will as long as it's cost effective. Pretty much what you said though. Speaking of that, would you guys care if you had to spend $15-30 more just so SS would make a figure because there's more involved with the production? I mean we all know a SS Vader isn't going to cost $49.99 right? I figure he will be around $60.

anti-hero
11-15-2005, 01:05 AM
i hope it's obi won kenobi from rots.but i heard there not going to do characters where they take off masks. It's in there introduction of when they picked up the rights to do 12 inch from hasbro. the guy answering the questions. said no clone troopers like commander cody would be done. It is to hard and the helmuts are usually to big. They answered the question to doing chewbacca.He is one of the ones i want. there working on him.but is a nightmare. because they want to get him right. not screw it up like hasbro did. but it's going to be jedi /sith then core characters and villains and monsters. also military .whatever that means.But it is in the press release.

Is that press release on their website somewhere? Gotta link?

Battle Droid
11-15-2005, 02:01 PM
Nute Gunray
Rune Haako
Battle Droid
Destroyer Droid
Super Gattle Droid
Magna Guard

Jayspawn
11-16-2005, 11:39 PM
I think the Order of the Jedi theme is a good one. I'd really like to see...

Obi-Wan Kenobi ROTS
Anakin Skywalker ROTS
Ki-Adi Mundi
Qui-Gon Jinn
Plo Koon
Mace Windu

Jayspawn
11-16-2005, 11:40 PM
I can just imagine the Sith figures! :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

Hellboy
11-17-2005, 12:26 AM
I want a Qui-Gon Jinn more than any other Jedi but hopefully SS won't just focus on the human characters and we'll get some alien races as well. Shaak Ti would be sweet.

Darth Cruel
12-03-2005, 09:47 AM
When is the Snowbunny Padme supposed to be done?

Jayspawn
12-30-2005, 10:49 AM
I'm curious about that one myself Darth Cruel. I hope he get some pictures of the prototypes soon.

Now that Sideshow has revealed Obi-Wan as the next 12" figure, I wonder what the next one will be? Are they doing 6 12" figures a year? With Luke, Anakin and Obi-Wan they would be down to 3 more. Hopefully Qui-Gon will get his turn this next year. Maybe Sideshow has a 12" Yoda in the works (should be interesting).

Darth Cruel
12-30-2005, 04:41 PM
JS - The podcast interview with Tom Gilliland (Sideshow's creative director) on Sideshow's website indicated 8 to 10 figures per year. And it sounds like two of them will be exclusives at trade shows like SDCC and Toyfair. I may need to get a second job. 8 - 10 figures with exclusives is 16-20 times 65.00 (after tax and shipping) is $1300.00 without ever touching a 3 3/4" figure. I guess I will have to go back to the poll and update my projected spending on Star Wars this year.

Jayspawn
12-30-2005, 06:29 PM
Ouch! Ya, me too. I can look into getting an after hours job somewhere.