PDA

View Full Version : #41 Clone Trooper's Arms

tgr3328
11-14-2005, 12:08 PM
Has anyone removed the arms from a #41 Clone Trooper? I was wonder if this can be done without damaging anything. I don't want to destroy a precious SA trooper.

Darth Cruel
12-06-2005, 07:43 PM
My attempt at this was a dismal failure. The arms from the forearm down came off easily. But even after boiling the figure, the rings on the shoulder joints broke. Someone with real customizing talent may have more luck, though.

And as far as "precious" goes for the 41. Mybe a few months ago. But now they are peg warmers.

mastermatt24
12-06-2005, 10:50 PM
I'd be careful with this.. perhaps you could make sculpts or something?

tgr3328
12-07-2005, 11:36 AM
Thanks for your input.

Sorry things went so badly for you, Darth Cruel. I made a custom Obi Wan in clone armor using a pilot Obi Wan and an AT-TE driver. It turned out nicely, but I hated the tank driver arms. I had wondered about giving him #41 tropper arms so I could have a well-articulated custom figure, but now I think I'll leave well enough alone.

Darth Cruel
12-07-2005, 03:21 PM
I just looked again and it was the pegs that go through the rings that broke, but it was the same result. I was successful at just changing out the forearms from the 41 to the deluxe jet pack sculpted grey battle pack trooper. I can't remember if the AT-TE gunner's upper arms have straight or angled sockets for the forearms, but if they are straight, you might be able to just swap out the forearm and at least add the elbow articulation.

jedi master sal
12-07-2005, 03:53 PM
Have you tried using a #6 clone for the arms?