PDA

View Full Version : 2006 will they make these?

ig88cc1214
11-15-2005, 09:01 PM
In the new otc 2006 i hope they make some new figures instead of redoing some old ones that weve seen already. I know some look different but it would still be cool to get some new charcters. Does anyone what know what we can look foward to after the Battle of Geonosis wave which looks awesome. Im wondering if maybe theyll do the battle of Mygeeto with some new figs. Will we see a Commander Cody and Commander Neyo? I hope. If anyone has some info on more figures coming out next year let me know. Also has anyone heard of any exclusives coming up soon?

jjreason
11-15-2005, 09:21 PM
There's a rumour list around which lists the waves for next year (sorry, Mygeeto isn't on there), and lists figures most of us are assuming we're going to see (based on the fact that the rumour list has been bang on about the first 3 waves).

The other waves are based loosely on battles and/or locales seen throughout the Saga. We're going to see figures from Tattooine, Coruscant and Endor to go with what we've seen already, and I believe at least one more wave (the theme of which I can't recall).

As far as exclusives go, another list did surface quite recently. It included at least one really desirable piece: an Endor AT-AT (assumingly with green paint placed around it to make it look bush-worn).

figrin bran
11-15-2005, 09:39 PM
to answer you more specifically, the rumor list included Commander Cody.

i doubt there would be a battle of mygeeto wave especially when you consider that bacara has been made already as has ki adi mundi which leaves only the galactic marines.

jedi master sal
11-16-2005, 08:15 AM
to answer you more specifically, the rumor list included Commander Cody.

i doubt there would be a battle of mygeeto wave especially when you consider that bacara has been made already as has ki adi mundi which leaves only the galactic marines.

Doubtful too that Hasbro would go back and do a SA Bacara.

They could do a battle pack however of the Battle of Mygeeto.

It could include:
Bacara (you know they'd have to use the mold again)
Ki-Adi (same thing here)
3 Galactic Marine Clones
and to finish the set out a Tri-droid (see link for reference-it's not to be confused with the Droid tri-fighter or the octuptarra droid of similar design-click the link for reference)
http://www.starwars.com/databank/droid/tridroid/

A set like that would be gold for Hasbro as they get to reuse two molds and another they can make plenty of figures from (galactic marine) from the outset.
Then they'd just need to create the droid and they're set.
I'd pay $30 for that set as the Galactic Marines and the Droid would make it worth it, IMO.

I'd use the Ki-Adi as a custom Jedi and probably custom the Bacara as well.

Opinions on that set anyone?

Turbowars
11-16-2005, 07:58 PM
Galactic Marines just sound so Star Trec.

Anyways, they should had been in the ROTS line, but Hasbro missed that one.

jedi master sal
11-16-2005, 08:27 PM
Galactic Marines just sound so Star Trec.

Anyways, they should had been in the ROTS line, but Hasbro missed that one.

Okay so call them Sno-clones like I had been for some months, until reading the name of Galactic Marines in the Star Wars Insider.

Slicker
11-16-2005, 08:59 PM
And why call them "Galactic Marines"? We don't call our Marines "Earthbound Marines". Obviously if they're in an intergalactic army they're gonna go around the galaxy so I think it's understood that they're "Galactic".

CaptainSolo1138
11-16-2005, 09:36 PM
And why call them "Galactic Marines"? We don't call our Marines "Earthbound Marines". Obviously if they're in an intergalactic army they're gonna go around the galaxy so I think it's understood that they're "Galactic".Dude, shut up. You sound like Andy Rooney.:p

"Why do they call it 'taking a dump' when you're actually leaving one"?

Perhaps the name implies that there are Coruscant Marines, Utapau Marines, Tatooine Marines, etc. and these are the ones that skip from planet to planet.

OHHH! I just made up an EU fact!

samskull
11-29-2005, 08:28 AM
Ki-Adi-Mundi went down like a chump - we don't need to relive that battle!

Next would be Aayla Secura shouting "Oops, I dropped my lightsaber....giggle giggle...", bending over and getting "assaulted" by some Felucian Marines!

Wait a minute...where's Hasbro's number?! Cha-ching!

Sentinel18725
11-29-2005, 08:59 PM
I wasthinking of this. Not that I am a big fan of repacks but I wouldn't mind seeing a series of two packs featuring a Jedi Knight and their respective Clone Commanders (Obi Wan and Cody, Yoda and Gree, etc.) Call it Traitors or "the execution of Order 66". Just food for thought.

El Chuxter
11-29-2005, 11:58 PM
How about an "Order 66" wave with some of the folks we're missing:

Barriss Offee (c'mon, you knew she was going to be on this list! :kiss: )
Galactic Marine
Commander Neyo
Cin Drallig
Quinlan Vos (he's EU, but they're putting Scorch in the Geonosis wave)
Utapau Clonetrooper (the heavily-armored one that looks like a Commander, but isn't)
Kashyyyk Scout Trooper
501st Clonetrooper (carded version of the one from the Jedi Temple Battlepack, or a blue version of #41)

jedi master sal
11-30-2005, 09:34 AM
How about an "Order 66" wave with some of the folks we're missing:

Barriss Offee (c'mon, you knew she was going to be on this list! :kiss: )
Galactic Marine
Commander Neyo
Cin Drallig
Quinlan Vos (he's EU, but they're putting Scorch in the Geonosis wave)
Utapau Clonetrooper (the heavily-armored one that looks like a Commander, but isn't)
Kashyyyk Scout Trooper
501st Clonetrooper (carded version of the one from the Jedi Temple Battlepack, or a blue version of #41)

Hell yeah, I'd buy all of those and in greater numbers for the army builders!