PDA

View Full Version : Anakin's EPIII Lightsaber vs. Luke's EPIV Lightsaber

scrappy915
11-16-2005, 02:09 AM
Hi

I was wondering whether Anakin's Episode III Lightsaber is supposed to be Luke's Episode IV Lightsaber. In Episode III, after Anakin is defeated by Obi-Wan on Mustafar, Obi-Wan picks up and leaves with Anakin's Lightsaber. In Episode IV, when Luke goes to Obi-Wan's hideout, Obi-Wan gives Luke his "father's lightsaber," and told him that he (Anakin) wanted Luke to have it when he was old enough.

My question is - the color of the blade in Episode III is BLUE while the color fo the blade in Episode IV is GREEN. What gives? I'd rather not hear replies to the effect of, "it was housed for nearly 20 years so it gained some yellowish hue making it green." That wouldn't explain why Obi-Wan's lightsaber is blue when he fights Vader in Episode IV.

Sorry if this topic has been covered somewhere else. After all, this is a huge Star Wars forum.

Thanks.

CaptainSolo1138
11-16-2005, 08:53 AM
My question is - the color of the blade in Episode III is BLUE while the color fo the blade in Episode IV is GREEN. What gives?You should cue them DVDs up again, scrappy. It's blue in Episode IV. It's not green until VI when he has constructed his own.:thumbsup:

Jayspawn
11-16-2005, 09:32 AM
Its the same lightsaber. The blade color has always been blue. The lightsaber hilt itself is a tad different only becuase Ben modified it over his years on Tatooine. He fixed his up a little too.

El Chuxter
11-16-2005, 12:02 PM
There's a momentary glitch in the DVD version where the saber blade is green for a split second, but otherwise it's blue.

maatu
11-16-2005, 07:32 PM
i think what were missing is. luke lost his father's lightsaber when his hand was cut off by darth vader in empire strikes back . then he revealed luke i am your father.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-16-2005, 07:37 PM
All these new forum members aren't making any damn sense, and it's happening all over the boards . . . it's an epidemic of craziness! :crazed:

CaptainSolo1138
11-16-2005, 08:32 PM
All these new forum members aren't making any damn sense, and it's happening all over the boards . . . it's an epidemic of craziness! :crazed:
No kidding. No offense, mattu, but could you clarify that a little? With fewer periods perhaps?

Slicker
11-16-2005, 08:58 PM
Duh!!! He's explaining ESB in 3 sentences.

As for the saber color you could even say that it's white for a while on the Falcon during his "training" with Ben.

CaptainSolo1138
11-16-2005, 09:10 PM
Duh!!! He's explaining ESB in 3 sentences.

Sounds like some major Tom Foolery, if you ask me.

maatu
11-17-2005, 03:13 PM
well when you have members asking dumb questions. what do you get?watch the movies.

Jek Porky 2002
11-29-2005, 05:39 AM
Still not making much sense to me kid!

The 'Xir
11-30-2005, 12:53 PM
Hey, Let's give the newbies a break! They're learning. However, you guys should really use the search option more to see if this material has been covered, or you can learn all the answers to most of these type of questions right from the databank at starwars.com

However, as veterens of the forums we should encourage their new found interest in SW and have a little patience when dealing with covered material!

The answer to your question though, has pretty much been covered in the posts before this one, but to clarify:

Anakins' saber in EpIII:RotS is blue, Ben gives that same blue saber to Luke in EpIV:ANH, Anakin/Vader then cuts lukes hand off in EpV:ESB and the blue saber is lost. Luke constructs a new saber while completeing his Jedi skills, and uses that new green saber in EpVI:RotJ. :thumbsup: