PDA

View Full Version : The Star Wars Movie Poster Thread

Jayspawn
11-16-2005, 09:55 AM
I cant seem to dig up the old Movie Poster Thread we had going some time ago, so I decided to launch a NEW one inspired by the new Poster Book by Sansweet and my love of Star Wars movie posters.

A longtime friend (and Star Wars Poster Collector) was visiting and touring my Archives, when he spotted my Star Wars TPM Vanity Fair poster and he says "Where did you get that!?" Anyways, I tracked down an extra one for a good price and am secretly sending it to him.

In more recent news, I picked up a Howard Chaykin poster at Celebration III. My friend and I also spotted not 1 but 2 Birthday posters, which neither one of us own.

Bacta Beast
11-16-2005, 11:50 AM
Speaking of movie posters, has anyone else had a hard time finding a ROTS poster that's 24"x36" like the others? I bought mine from a booth at celebration III and when I went to frame it, I discovered it's an oddball size! Something like 22"x34" or something. It's a bummer cause I have all the other movie posters up with a space in the middle just waiting for the final piece!!:(

Jayspawn
11-16-2005, 01:59 PM
Thats an odd size. I know some promotional/novelty posters can come in the size. Modern release posters are pretty good about coming in the standard 27X40 size. I would suggest getting another ROTS Release poster then. You can hang onto your odd size ROTS poster and sell/trade it off later.

I have an ANH Release Tom Jung poster thats 27x41 1/2. I have that one in storage as its not easy to frame either.

Bacta Beast
11-16-2005, 04:29 PM
That's just it, I haven't seen the Ep.III poster around like I did the TPM, and AOTC. I don't understand why. I've seen alot of character posters, but not the movie poster.

CooLJoE
11-17-2005, 05:26 AM
I don't remember if its the correct size, but I saw an ROTS movie poster at K-Mart just recently. Only $4 too.

Otherwise there is this: http://www.movieposters.com/cartviewitem.asp?cat=Affordable_Reprints&sub=Affordable_Reprints&id=19-2257

Its 27 x 38 though.

Here's a 27 x 40 version, although it costs $45: http://www.htmarket.com/stwaiiireofs.html

Bacta Beast
11-17-2005, 07:57 AM
Darn, why is it so hard to find a 24" X 36"? It wasn't for any of the other movies!:cry:

Jayspawn
11-17-2005, 10:08 AM
Dont get that size Bacta! Get if thats the size of your set, but a Theatrical size is 27x40. Thats what you want!

I suggest www.AllPosters.com I've done business with them in the past and their service is excellent! Their prices are good too!

CooLJoE
11-18-2005, 10:42 AM
Yeah AllPosters.com is another good one. I kept trying to remember the name of the site when I made my last post, but found MoviePosters.com instead.

My only issue now is finding a good frame for them that doesn't cost alot.

CaptainSolo1138
11-18-2005, 11:30 AM
I'm with Bacta Beast. I want just a regular old "cheap" E3 poster and haven't been able to find one.

When did you see one at KMart, CooLJoe? I've always had poster luck their and have never seen an E3 one there. If they still have them in your area, perhaps we could work something out. :D

DTMAN
12-01-2005, 05:27 PM
Oh, yes,
It was about time a book was done.

Steve Sansweet will have a signing in SF next week in fact.

Awesome book. Now, they have to do a poster version.
Interesting what was done in foreign countries.

Thank you.

Jayspawn
02-01-2006, 08:40 AM
Woohoo! I was able to track down and purchase a Revenge of the Jedi one sheet for only $24.95 shipped! Not sure where it comes from or why it was being sold so low. But I got one anyways so i'm really excited.

Now if only I could get a Birthday poster.

Rebo's_Guitarist
02-01-2006, 09:49 AM
Can anyone help me find what this belongs to? Ive looked through the big Sansweet poster book but found nothing..........

6th post down

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=26115&page=5