PDA

View Full Version : Order 66???

Sentinel18725
11-17-2005, 10:10 PM
This may be rehashed, but I just noticed this when watching ROTS this week.

It has been mentioned in many sources that the Order 66 was a trained order, not brain washed. It might have been in SWInsider that it was said that the Clones are loyal to the Republic and that is why they did it without question.

BUT.....why did they immediately start referring to Palps as "Lord"? I was under the impression from the previous two prequels that the title "Lord" was used only to the Sith?

Any comments?

decadentdave
11-18-2005, 01:21 AM
They must have been trained to give that precise response when the order was given. You did notice that ALL of the Clone Commanders addressed the Emperor with the same reply. We must assume that it was part of their Imperial "conditioning."

Actually, I just had a thought...

We know that the Clones will obey any order without question, but what about their emotions? We know that Cody was loyal to Obi-Wan and the other Clone Commanders to their Jedi Generals until the moment the order is executed to betray them. Do you think Cody and the other Commanders realized that their betrayal of the Jedi was consecrated in blood, in spite of their belief that what they were doing was for the good of the Republic? Cody must have had some respect for Obi-Wan and then he is told to kill him. I don't care what kind of military training you've had, when you serve beside someone on the battlefield for as long as Cody did you have commaraderie and loyalty to the others on your team. You would think that a thought of reservation must have at least flashed across his mind but he instinctively obeyed the order he was conditioned to obey.

DarkArtist
11-18-2005, 09:05 AM
The real question is: you only see the commanders recieving the order to execute Order 66, how are the other clones affected by it. Perhaps it is some kind of brainwashing, similiar to the sleeper cells in some terrorist organizations ???? Upon the order being given all clones recieve a signal in therir brains to kill the Jedi. After all look at the scene with Gree and Yoda. You see Gree standing alone recieving the order to execute Order 66, he then walks over to the Barc Trooper who nods in agreement and then joins Gree in their soon to be failed mission. Same thing with Cody, he recieves the orders and then informs the troops to carry them out against Kenobi.

Anyway I think it would be cool if Hasbro released sets of figures under the Order 66 title. It would be a good way to get some clones in the various colors seen throughouot the film as well as their clone commanders. The sets could be Gree with a few Barc Troopers, Bly and his troops, Bacara and 3 Galactic Marines, Cody and a few Utapau clones. Also the commanders should come with a small holographic Emperor as well.:thumbsup:

Bacta Beast
11-18-2005, 11:47 AM
That would great as long as they made changes to Bacarra. As long as they kit bashed him with a #41 body that would be great.

rich_of_the_dead
11-18-2005, 01:01 PM
This may be rehashed, but I just noticed this when watching ROTS this week.

It has been mentioned in many sources that the Order 66 was a trained order, not brain washed. It might have been in SWInsider that it was said that the Clones are loyal to the Republic and that is why they did it without question.

BUT.....why did they immediately start referring to Palps as "Lord"? I was under the impression from the previous two prequels that the title "Lord" was used only to the Sith?

Any comments?

just like last night w/my superman trailer post,yeah there is a section on this already blah blah blah,go ahead and close this one down blah blah blah:upset: :upset: :upset: :upset: :upset: :upset: :upset: