PDA

View Full Version : The best of 2006?

sith_killer_99
11-18-2005, 06:44 PM
Well, 2006 looks to be an excellent year for figures that have really needed to be re-sculpted. I admit that my favorite figures have always been the Imperial bad guys from Stormtroopers to AT-AT Drivers, I love the OT Imperials. Highlights from 2006 include:

General Veers
AT-AT Driver
Snowtrooper
Death Star Trooper
Sandtrooper
Moff Jerjerrod
Death Star Gunner

The most important figures in this list for 2006 are of course the real "Army Builders" including AT-AT Driver, Death Star Gunner and Death Star Trooper. These figures have only seen limited releases, most only saw the pegs once and were never heard from again (DST was re-released in a Target sets but at $10.00 a pop).

I am soo glad that Hasbro has decided to give these important figure an update with new sculpts, they are badly needed. Now let's just hope they don't blow it.

So what are you most looking forward to in 2006?

Turbowars
11-19-2005, 12:20 AM
Anything OT in perfect in my book. I just hope there is a steady stream of them in the next few years. I just know sooner than later Hasbro is going to pull the plug like Toy Biz did with LOTR. When and if that happens I will go into seclusion and never talk again, until POTF3 comes out and a new life is born.:pleased:

Battle Droid
11-19-2005, 12:52 AM
Sun Fac, Lushros Dofine, Commander Cody, and Utapau Clone Trooper.

El Chuxter
11-19-2005, 10:11 AM
I'm looking forward to C-3PO with Battle Droid myself. I plan to build an army of this figure and ease the pain everyone else feels when he pegwarms like a reheated Yak-Faced Neimoidian Rancor Keeper.

Turbowars
11-19-2005, 10:39 AM
I'm looking forward to C-3PO with Battle Droid myself. I plan to build an army of this figure and ease the pain everyone else feels when he pegwarms like a reheated Yak-Faced Neimoidian Rancor Keeper.That's great Chuxter, we need more "Stupid People" around here like you.;)

jedi master sal
11-19-2005, 08:39 PM
I'm looking forward to C-3PO with Battle Droid myself. I plan to build an army of this figure and ease the pain everyone else feels when he pegwarms like a reheated Yak-Faced Neimoidian Rancor Keeper.

I got the much better figure when it was a deluxe figure (and on sale at KBs for $4 each). I bought 20 of those ones. (Mostly for the Battle droid and droid factory parts.

So I can easily pass on the 2006 Saga version.

I gave away most of the C-3POs to a group I used to belong to. I still probably have 6-7 of them though. Chux, if you need one of those, and yes I realize you were being sarcastic, I'll find it and send it to you. Free of charge. PM me if interested.

-Sal

Jayspawn
11-19-2005, 11:57 PM
I'm excited about that General Veers with removable armor!

JEDIpartner
11-20-2005, 11:14 AM
This is a stupid thread. Until you actually SEE the figures, these are only good in concept. How about waiting before you shoot yourself in the foot?

jedi master sal
11-21-2005, 04:10 PM
This is a stupid thread. Until you actually SEE the figures, these are only good in concept. How about waiting before you shoot yourself in the foot?
Dale, I don't think it's all that stupid. There are some good new versions coming out and some much desired army builders, whether they are rehashed or not.
Of the ones originally listed:
General Veers
AT-AT Driver
Snowtrooper
Death Star Trooper
Sandtrooper
Moff Jerjerrod
Death Star Gunner

I'll probably get one of each of them plus a couple extras depending on sculpt/availability.

Be nice my friend.

Kidhuman
11-23-2005, 01:32 AM
I am stoke about all these figures coming out. Its like a dream come true that Hasbro has heard the millions cry out.

sith_killer_99
11-27-2005, 05:58 PM

WOW

Ummm, part of my enthusiasim has to do with the fact that I have already seen pics of half the figures I listed, and I think they look great. In fact the entire Hoth wave looks pretty sweet IMO, even the kit bashed Snowtrooper. As for the rest of the figures, I could care less if they were just re-issues of the old POTF2 figures, so long as Hasbro makes them available. :p LOL

Though it would be nice to see Hasbro update the Death Star Trooper and the Death Star Gunner. As for the Sandtrooper, well I have liked every incarnation Hasbro has kicked out so far, though I do hope they decide to go with a cleaned up version of the Sandtrooper from the Evolutions set.

As for Moff Jerjerrod, we will have to see, though Hasbro has never disappointed me with any of their Imperial Officers.

JEDIpartner
11-28-2005, 04:51 PM
Yeah... I remember seeing some really good pictures that ended up being lousy figures. Whatever. It's yours. Do whatever. I'm still savouring the best of 2005 since they actually been realised. :)

samskull
12-05-2005, 11:40 AM
We'll see where all this goes...

Bib Fortuna should be nice...finally we can burn that POTF version that wouldn't stand on his own.

Boussh will be a likewise nice replacement...though the original was pretty sweet back in the day...wasn't she the first removable helmet figure?

A new Han Carbonite ever couple years is required by the Licensing agrrement between Lucasfilms and Hasbro. This one should replace all previous models and with the best of the Carbonite pack-ins.

General Veers looks pretty awesome in the pics...wonder how the armor plate attaches? And does his cap just sit under the helmet? The holster, if it's functional, could be the seller though!

The AT-AT Driver looks nice too. Will he be the short Saga TIE Pilot height or the tall ROTS Clone Pilot height. Always in flux the future is...

Bren Derlin looks good but as most Officer types will probably have little articulation and just stand there with his arms behind his back.

A Snowtrooper that stands normally would be great - but we'll see how the kitbashing goes. As with the rest of the revamps and repaints. Barada seems unnecessary and still wrongly painted. Hopefully the Power Droid can stand on his own. Boba Fett is just sooo popular that a cheap VOTC was needed. And lets not forget everyone's favorite Chewie returning yet once again....oooh...with a chain.

POTF2 R.I.P....let's hope.

Jayspawn
12-13-2005, 10:49 AM
I know I'm gonna pick up the repackaged Boba Fett. I'm a sucker for things Boba Fett.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-14-2005, 11:07 PM
We'll see where all this goes...

Bib Fortuna should be nice...finally we can burn that POTF version that wouldn't stand on his own. My POTF2 Bib Fortuna stands quite well on his own without a stand.

General Veers looks pretty awesome in the pics...wonder how the armor plate attaches? My guess is it will be like the armor on the ROTS AT-RT driver.

I'm looking forward to most of the figures. I will probably pass on a few, such as resissues that have little to no change from the previous versions, though I will get army builder types like the snowtrooper.