PDA

View Full Version : dagobah playset?

boss nass
01-20-2002, 05:42 AM
we need a new dagobah playset with the cave!!!;)

Darth Evil
01-20-2002, 07:11 AM
We could put Dagobah Vader with Luke in the cave and Yoda and R2 outside, nice!

LTBasker
01-20-2002, 05:53 PM
And they could put in the feature of the monster spitting out R2! (Well Galoob was able to do it. :D)

bigbarada
01-20-2002, 06:00 PM
It would have to be at least twice the size of the vintage one to do it justice. With Yoda's house, the Dark Side tree, a small swamp area for Artoo spitting, some little Dagobah jungle creatures for atmosphere....anything else?

InsaneJediGirl
01-20-2002, 06:16 PM
Vines!Cloth(Thread) or Plastic..so we can hang Luke from 'em and
have him swing from tree to tree like Tarzan.

Dark Knight
01-20-2002, 06:47 PM
Make sure there is room for a x-wing to land/crash! Also an survival kit with ration bars, and latern.

boss nass
01-20-2002, 06:52 PM
what would one pay for this playset?

LTBasker
01-20-2002, 07:12 PM
A couple holes in the ground so that we can put Luke's hands into'em so it'll look like he's standing on his hands and adjustable clear plastic poles under the rocks so we can adjust the height the rocks levitate at. :) Oh yeah, and for the X-wing part, they should make it like the Galoob set where there is a level so that we can do our own sinking action. :D

Oh yeah, for the pricing, they should make it a series of interconnecting sets so that we don't have to pay a bundle all at once for it. Like there could be the cave, the training area, the x-wing area/monster area, and then Yoda's hut.

Dark Knight
01-20-2002, 07:14 PM
Depends on the quality of the playset. If it is a pile of plastic that $ucks. It will sit on the shelf at the store. If looks like it will add something to my collection I might go as high as $25 - 30.

Just my opinion

:evil: :happy: :D

InsaneJediGirl
01-20-2002, 07:37 PM
I happen to like LTBaskers idea.

There can be seperate interlocking playsets and we
could collect all of them or just some,depending on
what the collector would want for his/her collection.

I would pay $10-15 dollars for one,nice sized interlocking
playset.Probably $30-40 dollars if they made a full one,
and if it looks really good.

PloKoon2385
01-20-2002, 08:12 PM
Doubt we'll actually see it, but it's a great idea. I think it should include a resculpted Dagobah Luke and a Dagobah R2-D2. And including some creatures was a good idea.

Beast
01-20-2002, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by PloKoon2385
Doubt we'll actually see it, but it's a great idea. I think it should include a resculpted Dagobah Luke and a Dagobah R2-D2. And including some creatures was a good idea.

I agree, the playset packed with a re-sculpt Dagobah Luke and R2-D2 would be great. I'll take two. I was actually considering customizing one, since we have the bacta luke the bare arms are perfect for a less muscle bound version. But, I would prefer Hasbro make it for me. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

SithDroid
01-21-2002, 01:40 AM
I would buy one. As long as the price is reasonable. At least we would see some playsets. Where's the Playsets at Hasbro. All we have are 7 in 7 years. Come on now, pump out some more like a Trash Compactor w/ movable walls, Dianoga monster, a place to put water, floating trash. It would be great. Any ideas on other playsets?

DeathStarPlans
01-21-2002, 05:41 AM
Should they redo the vintage one or make a new one?

AreTwo-DeeTwo
01-21-2002, 09:07 AM
If they were to make one I say do an entirely new one. My opinion is they won't. They are just not into making playsets anymore.

JEDIpartner
01-21-2002, 10:21 AM
It seems to me that Hasbro is taking a couple different viewpoints here:

1.) Kids, for the most part, will play with a toy any old place. What this means is they will use the vehicles and figures without needing a playset. The will make their household furniture or stuff outside serve as their playset.
2.) Collectors are split up into a couple catagories. The first one being, like me, the one who collects the figures and some of the peripherals like vehicles and beasts. The second, being the customising and building kind. Those types are more likely to build their own dioramas, thus rendering the need for playsets pointless.

With that in mind, I think that would explain a lot regarding the new line of figures that is to be unleashed upon us. They have playability for the kids, but come with certain things that scene builders may have difficulty making, such as little instrument consoles and the pillars and such. Since I don't really fit into either one of these catagories very well... I just gripe about how I hate the new figures! :p

It's not MY fault! Hasbro MADE me do it! ;)

Jayspawn
01-22-2002, 01:06 AM
A new Dagobah playset or an old one, it needs to be made. Master Yoda needs a place to hang out.

evenflow
01-22-2002, 01:57 PM
I would love a new Dagobah playset. It was always one of my favorites. I still have mine, very cool.

mabudonicus
01-22-2002, 02:10 PM
Modules would be the way to go, for sure. It certainly is weird how playsets went from lame(those death star sections) to really bad(those little planetoids that looked like taco bell promo items)
I mean, the only good thing to that dagobah one was the one-piece flying thingy, and that little sucker wasn't worth 20+ bucks. Even long thin base/playsets like the ones in the cinema scenes would be handy, if they were a little deeper and a had some nice details. A proper command centre from echo base wouldn't be asking too much, either, and the lars homestead has some pretty good potential as a cool modular-type set, I figure.

boss nass
01-22-2002, 07:25 PM
we got all these figures with holes in the feet and not enough playsets to post them on :(

Tycho
01-23-2002, 04:00 AM
That makes Ultaramas highly useful.

I think playset modules were part of the idea they were going for - at least with the Detention Cell Rescue playset from the Death Star. The trap door should have led to a trash compactor set that went underneath it (to the outside? or all the way if it was large enough. I would have built the wall-moving mechanism to be under the Detention Cell and thus out of site.

Meanwhile, they are doing 1 (one) playset for AOTC. I wonder what it would be? Everyone assumes it's the Arena, but could it be a cloning lab? I'd prefer this almost - since I could also use it for my Dark Empire figures. I might buy a lot of these and build Kamino and Byss.

JEDIPtnr is pretty right-on with his assessment. I didn't buy the Carbon Freeze playset, because I wanted to do a scene which had more figures and was somewhat bigger than the Freezing Chamber allowed. For kids, I could see it being fun - but it was kind of flimsy still (though better than the Naboo stuff) and the carbonite block might've been larger because it really is limited with how many different figures you could actually freeze. Most or all of the Han Solo's even do not fit those foot pegs, making the toy harder to operate even for its most predictable use. (I've played with my friend's).

I have a sizeable list of playsets I wish they'd do, myself. But again JediPtnr is right: if I can't set up my diorama in them the way I'd like - I'd rather build it myself.

Rollo Tomassi
03-22-2002, 09:13 AM
An excellent idea! Do you think they would use the vintage mold or come up with something new?

stillakid
03-22-2002, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by boss nass
what would one pay for this playset?

Usually money, but in some third world areas, Hasbro might consider trading goats and sheep. ;)

stillakid
03-22-2002, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Tycho
I think playset modules were part of the idea they were going for - at least with the Detention Cell Rescue playset from the Death Star. The trap door should have led to a trash compactor set that went underneath it (to the outside? or all the way if it was large enough. I would have built the wall-moving mechanism to be under the Detention Cell and thus out of site.

That's exactly how I configured my Vintage Death Star playset with the newer "module" portions of the Death Star. It looks a little wacky, with pieces jutting out to and fro, but it's a decent stopgap until my All-In-One playset gets produced. ;)