PDA

View Full Version : 12 inch zuckas and dengar

boss nass
01-20-2002, 07:21 AM
are these figures expected in the future ?:cool:

Lord Tenebrous
01-20-2002, 03:03 PM
Fans of the classic trilogy can also look forward to the previously announced 12" bounty hunter set, now with an alternate figure in place of the originally planned Leia in Boussh disguise. Joining the first ever 1/6 scale issues of bounty hunters Dengar and Zuckuss is a new Imperial Officer! Unfortunately, due to the AOTC offerings, this wave is not planned for release until the 4th quarter of this year.

(source: Rebelscum.com)

GNT
01-20-2002, 10:29 PM
I can't wait to see what the 12" Zuckuss looks like :)

DeathStarPlans
01-21-2002, 06:42 AM
Yeh these would look great.

TK421
01-21-2002, 03:26 PM
Can't wait for Zuckuss too!! But no Princess Leia!?! Man thats Cr*p!!(Sorry,just venting!):mad: :cry:

Jayspawn
01-22-2002, 02:09 AM
12" Zuckuss is going to be a good one. He's everyone's favoritre Gand!

jedi master sal
01-22-2002, 02:09 PM
Zuckuss will look like Zuckuss. Did anyone else think differently? I think the question is more like how good will the detail be. or. He will look enough like himself in the movies to pass off, but will he make the grade when it comes to detail?

I think, with the exception of human characters (Luke and Han in particular), the 12 in line is reasonably accurate so he, (Zuckuss), should look good.

evenflow
01-22-2002, 02:48 PM
I cant wait for them. We need the complete Bounty hunter set.

Tarkin the otter
01-22-2002, 05:32 PM
I agree, Zuckuss will look cool. (Hope he is to scale though- in Empire he looks quite short). But Dengar? To the best of my knowledge he has never been a popular character, and I fear a 12" version will look......er, well pretty lame.(Prove me wrong Hasbro!) Still, gotta have him to complete the set I suppose.

Tycho
01-23-2002, 04:40 AM
Just because they said there is a new Imperial Officer doesn't mean it is another Death Star Trooper with his hat switched.

Do you guys know that it isn't Admiral Piett or General Veers?:sur:

They might have even considered Grand Admiral Thrawn.

But we don't know that do we?

Huckleberry Josh
01-23-2002, 06:11 PM
I was going to ask this same question. I hope they do come out with the 12'' Zuckuss and Dengar. I don't undertstand why they didn't make those two when the other three came out.

humsup
01-23-2002, 09:27 PM
For all my past experience of Hasbro 12", I'm not too optimistic about Zuckuss being anything different. But Bossk is very well done and just hope that Zuckuss receive the same treatment though I gave up on Hasbro for asking of more articulations. Dengar will be a tougher fella to make due to his size. I have not seen any "plump" or big size SW 12" humanoid and this could be a challenge for Hasbro. I ain't want to see a skinny Dengar nevertheless :stupid:
As for the imperial officer, I hope Veers will be made. I have a cool Dragon Nude in waiting for that Veers's uniform :)

mabudonicus
01-23-2002, 09:37 PM
Zuckass was always one of my faves- he has an almost anime quality about him. As long as hasbro doesn't make his cape out of either of the previous materials used, he should turn out alright!! Dengar, well, if they do him up exactly right, he'll still kinda suck. But that's just my opinion.

Tycho
01-24-2002, 01:58 AM
HUMSUP: I am with you that I would prefer General Veers myself - he would have more cool accessories - such as the ability to be in or out of Hoth Battle Gear, if they did him right. But rumor has been that Hasbro has been looking at the Bounty Hunter stuff as sort of completing a scene from ESB, and Piett most directly applies given that all the Bounty Hunters have been done, and another ? Vader is on the way with that Jango Fett figure (2 pack).

and I wanted to hang Maul's upper half from my ceiling and have Obi-Wan running Qui-Gon's lightsaber through his mid-section as an E1 scene - I also like the 12" E1 Obi-Wan, but the whole thing was an excuse for another Vader figure to put with snowtroopers.

But I bought my bounty hunters and an extra Electronic Fett to purposely just display them - not do the Star Destroyer scene and do my 5th "Vader is the focal point diorama." It's a good figure, but if people don't actually have the 14" Vader, why not package him with another BOBA Fett? A Cloud City scene pack would be sweet for people who still need these 12" if any, but allow the rest of us to get Jango on his own - AND allow those wanting to do the "Bounty Hunters! We don't need their scum!" scene with Imperials in it to, the chance to get the right Fett and a Vader together, to finish that scene. Not to mention the fact that boxed collectors would love the two posed from the Freezing Chamber scene when Vader slaps down Fett's rifle as he aims for Chewbacca. What a nice two-pack! (even though I wouldn't buy it).

Jango Fett is best packaged with Kid Fett, or sold on his own, as I want multiples (2 or 3 - I forgot) of the senior Fett.

Meanwhile Dengar is scary. I want all cloth bandages on him. They have the chance to do a fully plastic sculpted head which will not match the bandaged body. Sort of like CommTech Leia - it looks terrible! Please Hasbro - use real bandage wraps on his head!!!

Also on DENGAR, I don't know if he was really fat, or just that the armor he wore made him look bulky. Aparently he was a lot faster than he looked. So I don't think he was out of shape. He was supposed to be enhanced. I'm not sure though. In any case, I've read so many people saying that Dengar wor prototype Stormtrooper armor? Is it so dirty it's no longer white? Why is the CloneTrooper armor closer to a stormy's than Dengar's. I don't think he's wearing stormtrooper armor on his chest. What the heck is that? Death Star Gunner gear? Is it anything Imperial (shown in the movies)?

I don't know. I just want this to be the first time Hasbro (or Kenner) doesn't screw Dengar up. I'm not his big fan. I just want to be happy about how I spent my 20 bucks and what I display $100 in other 12" figures (at the least - not counting Piett or whoever) along side with Dengar.

humsup
01-24-2002, 11:25 PM
Dengar is wearing the Snowtrooper's body armour and Stormtrooper's groin and leg armour. So its a hybrid. Apparently, he sprayed the color dark and makes it looks unique.
The actor who portray Dengar (Moray Bush) used to be a boxer and based on the picture has bulky frame. Maybe if Hasbro would want to follow the comic's frame, then Dengar will be more slick. Whichever, I would hope to see the version closer to the film :)