PDA

View Full Version : So... Who Picked Up The Target Clone?

X13VADER
11-21-2005, 12:54 PM
I Want Everyday For A Few Weeks Looking And Asking About The Shadow Trooper. They Told Me 11-20 Was The Release Date So I Went Sunday Morning About 10:00 And They Were Not Out. I Asked About Them And They Did Have Some In The Back. But Did Not Know Nothing About A Street Date On Them. I Know Most Of You Lucky Ones Already Have Them. Just Dont Get It.and Where Is My Final 12 Figures!!!

Bacta Beast
11-21-2005, 01:35 PM
I live in Lansing and I found my Target clones about two weeks ago in Okemos, and I saw three more yesterday in Lansing.:yes: As far as the final twelve, I've seen those all over, at Target, Meijers, and Wal-Mart! I've even seen the Grey evolution troopers at Target and Wal-mart:bandit: .

Captain Spoon
11-21-2005, 02:08 PM
I picked min up last Wednesday. I also have 11 out of the 12 last figures. I need holo Ayala.

CaptainSolo1138
11-21-2005, 02:52 PM
I live in Mt. Pleasant and the Mission Rd. store was crawling with them and the Lava Reflection figures. PM me if ya needs 'em.

Blue2th
11-21-2005, 04:32 PM
All Targets here in Albuquerque area (5) have sold out way before the "official" release date (why even have one) Only one is a holdout. They are still in the stockroom according to the DCPI checker. They will not pull them out for anyone, nor will they say when they will be putting them on the pegs. I think they are Scalper shy or something fishy, though that could be a good thing as they are still there. Unless they are saving the whole box for an insider. It's frustrating, I will have to hit this Target everyday. Luckily I managed to find one at another Target before they sold out. Would like to get at least one more to open.

Slicker
11-21-2005, 04:48 PM
Still nothing in my area. Virginia Beach that is.

CS1138 PM sent.

Warstar
11-21-2005, 05:31 PM
There's a price tag for the Shadow Clones at my local Target but no figures.

On another interesting note, though, the Battle Packs have been clearanced ($17.48 now from $24.99) - no Clone Attack on Coruscant packs left (obviously), and the Anakin and Obi-Wan Lava Reflection figures have disappeared- as in they were sitting there, being peg-warmers- but now they are gone :shocked:

bobafrett
11-21-2005, 05:53 PM
I haven't had a chance to get to Target to get this figure. Work has kept me too busy, and by the time I do get in there (once in the last month), they are gone.

El Chuxter
11-21-2005, 06:16 PM
Who picked 'em up?

The rat-fink who was in the toy aisle holding five of 'em when I got there! :mad:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-21-2005, 08:05 PM
I finally got one today, after going to three other Targets and finding nothing. It looks pretty cool, but they need to knock it off with the overpriced repainted stuff that wasn't in the film.

I find it odd that the only Target exclusives that were actually in the film (lava figures, Plo Koon's Starfighter) are warming pegs while the inaccurate ones (Clone Attack on Coruscant - Commander; first Clone Trooper) and ones not even in the film (lava Vader) sold like hotcakes.

figrin bran
11-21-2005, 09:55 PM
i lucked into one on saturday as it was lying on a non SW endcap!

Rocketboy
11-21-2005, 10:05 PM
I saw a bunch of 'em last week at Target.
Its almost as unimpressive as the Lava figures.

Almost.

plasticfetish
11-22-2005, 01:13 AM
It looks pretty cool, but they need to knock it off with the overpriced repainted stuff that wasn't in the film.They need to knock it off with the "overpriced"... period.

...but I'm pretty sure this one will sell out anyway. It's a cool looking figure, looks cool packaged and I could tell when I saw it at Comic-Con that this would be the only one of these that I'd want. Glad that I found one, but I do feel stupid for spending $13 on it. :ermm:

As far as finding goes, one local Target had none out (the same Target that didn't bother to put Battlefront 2 out on opening day), and another had a bunch of them. BTW, I noticed that that the Target with Shadow Troopers had pulled all of their Lava figures from the floor. (Hmmm.)

Mandalorian Candidat
11-22-2005, 05:53 PM
I admit it...I got caught up in the hype. I had an acquaintance pick one up for me, then I found another on Monday AM. When my wife saw them she wanted me to get one for our 10 year old son, price tag not withstanding. I had to bug them Monday night to bring one out for me cause they didn't want to restock just then.

DarthQuack
11-22-2005, 07:26 PM
I picked him up before the release date....haven't been back since though...

Scackmgack
11-24-2005, 10:29 AM
I got five, might return then.

It's the $13 price point which is killing me. For a clone which never had any screen time, which will never have a Commander released for them (how I justified the earlier Target exclusive clone as I know Neyo will be released at some point), this was not worth $13. It angers me that they have to release them with the stupid plastic cases.

I am still deciding whether to open one, keep one on the card for display, and return the other three, or return them all.

If I return all five, as they were birthday presents I can use the money to get a pair of Shock Troopers and a Jedi Temple Assaults multipack off Ebay and get some clones which were actually in the movie...

Kidhuman
11-24-2005, 10:56 AM
I passed on this POS, didnt like the looks of him.

Veers
11-24-2005, 06:55 PM
I picked up two at Target yesterday.

abell748
11-25-2005, 04:51 AM
I too have noticed that when my Target put out the few Shadows Troopers they had left on the shelf, the Lava Reflection figures vanished. Maybe they want us to pretend that those figures never happened.

Val Da Car
11-25-2005, 10:39 AM
They could donate them to goodwill or the Salvation Army/Toys for Tots.

Get the $12.99 as a tax write off per figure.....

evenflow
11-25-2005, 02:57 PM
This is the last figure i need, no luck in finding it.

Old Fossil
11-25-2005, 06:24 PM
Picked up 2 of these today, along with the only Vader's Legion clone I've seen on a store shelf. Can't believe I paid the $13 for the Shadow troopers, even though they look cool.

I pity anyone hoping to army build those things!:shocked:

Slicker
11-26-2005, 04:15 PM
I was able to finally snag mine today. It's not that bad of a figure in all honesty. I like the paint on it but like everyone else said it's def. not a $13 figure. And since it's an EU figure that makes it even less worth it, IMO.

sith_killer_99
11-26-2005, 07:25 PM
My area has had lots of these. I managed to build a squad of 5 loose and still have 1 MOMC. :D

I got all of mine before the Nov. 20th release date. I got a couple here and a couple there. Today I found about a dozen still sitting on the shelf at my local Target.:thumbsup:

Val Da Car
11-26-2005, 09:01 PM
I just found 5 today......looks like the squad is going to get built today...

I found this picture somewhere else but the concept is Great,

I will post my own soon.

Take the skirt and shoulder rank off the Grey Evo Clone and it matches perfectly, to me this would make the figure justifiable for $13.00!

bobafrett
11-27-2005, 06:17 PM
Nice little scene there VDC! I haven't seen any yet, but then I have been working so much, I haven't had much time to shop at Target.

Jayspawn
12-11-2005, 08:28 AM
Pegwarmer!!!!

UKWildcat
12-11-2005, 11:54 AM
Slicker hooked me up with this one. I still have not seen them in the stores.:confused:

Darth Cruel
12-12-2005, 03:22 PM
I got five, might return then.

It's the $13 price point which is killing me. For a clone which never had any screen time, which will never have a Commander released for them (how I justified the earlier Target exclusive clone as I know Neyo will be released at some point), this was not worth $13. It angers me that they have to release them with the stupid plastic cases.

I am still deciding whether to open one, keep one on the card for display, and return the other three, or return them all.

If I return all five, as they were birthday presents I can use the money to get a pair of Shock Troopers and a Jedi Temple Assaults multipack off Ebay and get some clones which were actually in the movie...

According to the write-up on the package...these ARE the commanders.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-12-2005, 04:30 PM
According to the write-up on the package...these ARE the commanders.
I like how the packaging talks about how they stop at nothing to execute Order 66, though the only Jedi on Utapau is one of the few who survived. :D

I haven't opened mine yet (Christmas present, I think), but apparently my mom saw a bunch of these at Target today. That's surprising. I expected these to sell out quickly.

Darth Cruel
12-12-2005, 05:09 PM
I, for one, won't be sorry if Target ordered so many that we will all get all of them that we want on clearance (yeah, I know...figure the odds).

Jayspawn
12-14-2005, 09:19 AM
I found the Lave Anakin and Obi-Wan on Clearence for $8.09. I'l bet the Shadow Trooper is next. He's warming the pegs at my Target stores!