PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about the new - Unleashed Battle Packs?

ace2005
11-23-2005, 04:28 AM
Houston, Texas here well the New Unleashed Battle Packs have arrived at local Wal-marts on a split pallet of their exclusive Attacktix Starter Box the other side is filled with the new Unleashed Battle Packs fairly evenly allocated for a pallet.

This first series is four battle scenes at 9.88 each. The paint on these are fairly good, but they just seem to remind of the old green army men for about 2.50 a piece.

Well, still picked them up for now, but with the onslaught of star wars products and exclusives they may end up being returned.

I have not seen these at Targets or TRU.

Thought???

Good Luck,

:thumbsup:

decadentdave
11-23-2005, 12:21 PM
I'll pass on these...

I want the 6" Unleashed. These are a petty excuse to satisfy the retailers who complain that the Unleashed line are at too high of a price point. $9.88 for a pack of 4 2" "army men" seems pretty overpriced to me. Really, what is the difference between these, Attactix and the Miniatures game? Hasbro really needs to stick to making 3 3/4" action figures and let other companies who specialize in this king of scale make them.

Bring back 6" Unleashed ASAP!!!!!

Blue2th
11-23-2005, 12:59 PM
After looking at them on Rebelscum, for sure I won't be buying any of them now. I hope they warm the pegs forever. I hope they are a flop at retailers. Die hard Unleashed collectors like me will boycott them. Everytime I see them on the pegs it will only remind me of the 6" Unleashed. Kids can't play with them. Maybe scalpers will buy them and not be able to turn a profit Ha Ha. Waste of plastic. Hasbro blew it big time with these I hope we'll see.:mad:

El Chuxter
11-23-2005, 02:06 PM
I haven't seen them at stores, but saw several at Comic Con. What do I think? They're poop.

starwarsfan1
11-23-2005, 03:43 PM
I dont think there that bad to tell you the truth. I ordered them from ebay for about 10 bucks each and got them today. They really look awesome and loo great with the rest of my collection. You just have to give them a chance. And its not like the 6 inch line is gone forever. Its starting up again in march. So quit your belly acking and gibe them a chance.

El Chuxter
11-23-2005, 04:34 PM
Actually, I'm not bellyaching about the larger-scale figures going on hiatus. Unless they've markedly changed from the samples I saw in July, they're rather poorly made and look like freebies you'd get from the bakery at the local supermarket to put on a Star Wars birthday cake.

decadentdave
11-23-2005, 06:09 PM
Good one Chuxter!

I hope these totally backfire on Hasbeen. As Collectors we need to send them a strong message that we will not settle for cheap overpriced pieces of plastic and that we will only spend our HARD EARNED CASH on worthwhile QUALITY 6" sculpts. It is every Collectors' duty to boycott these 2" abominations of the Unleashed line. When Hasbeen sees what a loss they are to their profits after they warm the pegs for months and retailers are forced to clearance them out at giveaway prices maybe they will get back to focusing their efforts on the 6" sculpts of characters we are dying to see Unleashed.

And with that, I acknowledge the guy whose signature says "Hasbro YOU SUCK!!!"

starwarsfan1
11-23-2005, 06:34 PM
You know when you look at them up close they truly have alot more detail then you think. Think on the bright side. This might be the only chance we'll see unleashed figures of say cody gree or any of the others regardless of their size. They are not at all like little freebies youd put on a birthday cake. I think these will be a success and could easily co exist with the 6-inch line. So if your making fun of these your also making fun of the star wars miniatures game and attacktix. They look like crap compared to these(except the battle droids which are the only ones that look like crap). So as they say dont judge a book by its cover, dont judge an unleashed figure by its size.

decadentdave
11-23-2005, 07:09 PM
As far as the Unleashed are concerned... SIZE DOES MATTER!!!

Attactix are GAY!!! What is the point? So Hasbro can keep all of the Asian workers who make those BIG FAT POINTESS MISSILE SHOOTERS employed!!!

As for the minatures, I'm not into gaming so I could care less.

Remember, even the 3 3/4" figures were used to decorate birthday cakes (see One Year Anniversary poster).

The 6" Unleashed are works of art. They are SCULPTURES not figures or "Army Men". If Hasbro wants to make a line of 2" figures then call them something else like Mini-Meesa or some BS like that but don't call them Unleashed when CLEARLY they are not.

Slicker
11-23-2005, 07:28 PM
I saw these tonight at WM and wasn't too impressed with the figures themselves but I do like how they're displayed in the packaging. And the packaging itself is quite neat too but like it was stated they look like little green army men.

starwarsfan1
11-23-2005, 08:20 PM
Alright, Alright, Alright. Geez you have a temper. I dont like the attacktix either but dont get so ****y about it. Your getting worked up over a TOY!!!. Sculptures are works of art made from marble or stone not cheap plastic. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. And please watch what you say because you dont know if someone might take offence to your asian comment.(talking to decadentdave not you slicker)

CaptainSolo1138
11-23-2005, 08:37 PM
I liked 'em better the first time they came out. When they were called Attacktix.

**EDIT** I see someone already beat me to the punch on that. DAMMIT!:D

starwarsfan1: Don't let people get you riled up. If you like something that's fine. But expect a counterpoint. That's how these forums work.

And since everyone else was so rude (especially Slicker ;)), let me welcome you to the boards :)

starwarsfan1
11-23-2005, 08:57 PM
Thanks CaptainSolo1138. And i'm sorry :cry:. It's just people get so obsessed with something and that obsession doesnt leave them open to new ideas :(. My final saying on these unleashed battlepacks is that I like them and nobody is going to change my mind. :yes:

decadentdave
11-23-2005, 10:38 PM
Sculptures are works of art made from marble or stone not cheap plastic.

I beg to differ. They are "sculpted" and then a resin cast is made from which the "cheap" plastic is molded from. They could scuplt it out of Bantha Poodoo and it would still be a work of art.

I meant no disrespect regarding my little joke about keeping the Asian workers employed, but the truth is, Hasbro exports their labor to countries in Asia because they can pay them dirt cheap. Don't even get me started on our country's foreign labor. It is bad enough it is driving unemployment and ruining our economy. Sheesh, if you really wanted to get me riled up, well... now look what you've done!

You can like the Battle Packs if you like "Army Men" but fact is they are NOT Unleashed and they never will be.

Jedibill
11-24-2005, 02:54 AM
I seen these a few days ago at Wal-mart, there ok but I passed on them just not intrested.

DarthBrandon
11-24-2005, 05:07 AM
Not Interested even if they do come here, still waiting for my large size shock trooper to be released.

Kidhuman
11-25-2005, 01:19 PM
After seeing these today, I nearly tossed my Chik-fil-A on the display of these things.

jedi master sal
11-29-2005, 07:32 AM
I'm in the minority on SSG for these I guess. I like them. Considering the scale, there's alot of detail.

I also think of it this way, add up the amount of plastic used and it easily equates to 2 action figures if not more. So the price is right along with the 3 3/4 line.

There's either no or little articulation, so what. They are in "action" poses which is the Unleashed aspect of all of this. The packaging is cool, (though I opened mine up).

I got two of the commander set, 3 clone sets, 2 droid sets and 1 Utapau warrior set. That's all I'm getting of this wave. I'm looking for ward to the next wave-Kashyyyk and Felucia themes!

-Sal

decadentdave
11-29-2005, 12:57 PM
I got two of the commander set, 3 clone sets, 2 droid sets and 1 Utapau warrior set. That's all I'm getting of this wave. I'm looking for ward to the next wave-Kashyyyk and Felucia themes!
-Sal

Yeah and if you do the math, that's $60 for a set of "Army Men." Ouch! Or, to put it another way, that's $60 that could have been spent on something worthwhile... say the Astromech exclusive, or 4 REAL Unleashed figures. Point is, it's more JUNK from Hasbro to seperate collector's from their hard earned cash. You may have a lot of disposeable income to burn, Sal, but for some us we need to spend our money wisely so when it comes to junk like the Battle Packs, the choice is clear... NO SALE.

jedi master sal
11-29-2005, 04:06 PM
Yeah and if you do the math, that's $60 for a set of "Army Men." Ouch! Or, to put it another way, that's $60 that could have been spent on something worthwhile... say the Astromech exclusive, or 4 REAL Unleashed figures. Point is, it's more JUNK from Hasbro to seperate collector's from their hard earned cash. You may have a lot of disposeable income to burn, Sal, but for some us we need to spend our money wisely so when it comes to junk like the Battle Packs, the choice is clear... NO SALE.

Dave when it comes right down to it, all this stuff is "junk." It's all just toys. It's never going to make someone a fortune. Maybe a few hundreds or even thousands in the case of vintage stuff, but not the modern stuff.

So it's very unfair to call the Unleashed battle packs "junk."

It's a funny (strange) comment that you make when you say people have to be careful about what they spend their money on. I could see if you meant buying food for ones children or paying rent, but when it comes to making choices about buying toys or deciding which one over which, well your analogy is a bit flawed. I collect what I want to collect, others may choose to collect only "high end" stuff, while still others only collect vintage. None of us are wrong and that's the beauty of collecting Star Wars. You may not like a certain product, but others have every right to say they do. (And not be faulted for it) Heck I recall you getting a hard time over your army building practices. I'm an army builder too, so that's what gets me too about your statment.

If you don't like Unleashed battle packs, state so and move on. No need to put down those who do.

BTW, I don't have the disposable income that you are implying. I have a fair amount and worked hard many years to get to this point. Tone down your replies. It's almost as if you want to have a one-man crusade against these figs. That's your perogative, but not at the expense of other forumites and their opinions.

Back on topic please.

I plan to buy about 10 Unleashed BPs from wave 2.
I've saved my receipts so if they do go on sale, I'll just go get a price adjustment (and some money back) later. In the meantime I'm enjoying these little gems of army builder figures. They are going to look GREAT in my dioramas!

-Sal

decadentdave
11-29-2005, 06:08 PM
You are absolutely right Sal. I wasn't trying to put anyone down for liking them. But I am on a crusade against them because I do think they are "junk" and that "disposeable" money can be better spent on quality collectibles, namely the 6" Unleashed. Like you pointed out, I'd rather take that $60 and buy more army-builder figures instead but that's just me. Have fun with your Battle Packs, Sal.

Respek.

jedi master sal
11-30-2005, 09:25 AM
You are absolutely right Sal. I wasn't trying to put anyone down for liking them. But I am on a crusade against them because I do think they are "junk" and that "disposeable" money can be better spent on quality collectibles, namely the 6" Unleashed. Like you pointed out, I'd rather take that $60 and buy more army-builder figures instead but that's just me. Have fun with your Battle Packs, Sal.

Respek.

Good enough then.

I do think this line won't last long anyway, due to what seems to be an overwhelming negative response by collectors in general (not including me of course).
I'd venture to say that this sub-line dies out not later than end of 2006, maybe sooner.

Trust me, I'm not missing out on those other figs I want (other than I can't find them...). As mentioned, I've been fortunate enough to put myself in a position where I can afford to get these along with the figs, etc.

So for those of us who DO like this line, what future sets would you like to see?
Here are some suggestions I have:
TPM:
Naboo Commanders: Qui-Gon, Obi-wan, Queen Amidala (burgandy palace assault outfit), Captain Panaka
Gungans: Captain Tarpals, Jar jar (yes, we would need to have him), Two genric Gungan warriors.
Naboo Forces: Naboo Pilot, Naboo Royal Security and 2 Naboo Royal Guards (different poses)
Trade Federation Forces: Battle Droid Commander, Security Droid, 2 regular Battle droids (different poses)

AOTC:
Clone Commanders: Yellow, Red, Blue, Green
Clone troopers: 4 in various poses (maybe one of them with extreme battle damage)
Seperatist leaders: Dooku, Poggle the lesser, Jango Fett, Nute Gunray
Geonosian forces: 4 winged Geonosians, differnt poses-1 or 2 flying, the others with wings swept back
Seperatist droid forces: Repack of the ROTS one out now, but with repainted bases.
Jedi leaders: Mace, Obi-wan, Anakin, Yoda
Jedi Forces (minor Jedi): Kit Fisto, Ki-Adi Mundi, Aayla Secura, Coleman Trebor

ROTS: They have that fairly well covered but I'd also include these sets:
Battle over Coruscant: Anakin, Obi-wan, General Grievous, Magna Guard
Senate search:4 Shocktroopers
Senate duel: Yoda, Sidious, two Red Royal Guards (different poses)
Coruscant clones: 4 clones with the grey markings (different poses)
Mygeeto Forces: Bacara, 3 "Galactic Marine" Clones (different poses)
Jedi Temple Assault: Hooded Anakin, 3 Tac Ops troopers (blue) (different poses)
Mustafar Duel: Obi-wan (battle worn), Anakin (battle worn), Padme, and strangely enough C-3PO.
Mustafar forces: 2 Neimodian soldiers, 2 Battle Droids (all different poses)

ANH:
Sandtroopers: one of each paulron-Orange, Black, Grey, White
Mos Eisley: Han, Chewie, Luke, Obi-wan
Death Star Forces I: 2 Stormtroopers (different poses), Death Star trooper (big open faced helmet ones), Imperial officer (generic)
Death Star Forces II: 2 Stormtroopers different poses and different from the ones above), TIE Pilot, Death Star Gunner
Death Star Commanders: Tarkin, Vader, Motti, Tagge
Rebel Forces: 2 Fleet Trooper (think Tantive IV troopers), Sentry trooper (light tan costume), X-wing pilot

ESB:
Hoth-Imperial troopers: Snowtrooper Lieutenant, 2 snowtroopers, AT-AT driver
Imperial Officers: Admiral Ozzel, Captain Piett, General Veers (as AT-AT commander), Captain Needa
Hoth Rebels: Luke, Han, Leia, Chewie (with snow highlights)
Hoth Forces: General Reikaan, Major Derlin, 2 Hoth Rebel Troopers
Bespin Forces: Lando, Lobot, 2 Bespin Security (one white, one black)
Bounty Hunters I: Boba Fett pose 1, Bossk, IG-88, Dengar
Bounty Hunters II: Boba Fett pose 2, 4-Lom, Zuckuss, Vader (yes, he's not a bounty hunter, but he HIRED them and is integral to the scene)

ROTJ:
Jabba's Palace I: 2 Gammorean Guards, Nikto, Weequay
Jabba's Palace II: Barada, Alternate Nikto, Klaatu, Lando as Skiff Guard
Escape from the Sarlaac: Han (after Carbonite), Leia (Slave), Luke, R2
Endor Rebel Forces:3 Endor Rebel troopers, Dresselian Commando (Pruneface)
Endor Rebel Leaders: Luke w/poncho, Leia w/poncho, Han, Chewie
Endor Imperial Forces 1: 2 Scout Troopers, Stormtrooper, AT-ST driver
Endor Imperial Forces 2: Generic Imperial officer, Death Star trooper (now called Imperial trooper), Scout Trooper on Speeder bike (trooper can be removed)
Ewoks: Wicket, Chief Chirpa, Logray, Paploo

And that would about do it...
I'd get all of those, with some multiples for a total of 65 sets from this list.

-Sal

Fluke Skywalker
12-02-2005, 05:42 AM
For half the price they'd be OK, but for $10 they're lousy. :ermm:

JEDIpartner
12-02-2005, 09:34 AM
I said it before and I'll say it again...

P.U.

JawaJoe
12-02-2005, 07:35 PM
Total rip off for $10.

JimJamBonds
12-04-2005, 11:52 AM
Some of those look ok, but for the most part I don't think they are all that great. I much prefer the big guys to these little ones.

timmae
12-09-2005, 11:44 PM
they are garbage. not cutting on folks that buy everything though. if you like them buy them. i'd have a tough time giving 2 bucks a set for them though.:mad:

Jayspawn
12-15-2005, 09:18 AM
This was forgetable so I didnt remember until today. Last night I found all the new Unleashed Battle Packs at Super Wal-Mart. They STINK!!!!! Please, please, please if you can help it, do not buy these!!! I inspected them to get a better look and they're just stupid! Lets send a message to Hasbro by not buying them.

Rocketboy
12-15-2005, 09:52 AM
I saw them for the first time the other day also.
I thought these could have a small chance of being better in person than in the pics, but no, they're worse.
They suck even more than I initially thought.

Way to go Hasbro.
Jerks.

Battle Droid
12-27-2005, 08:36 AM
Battle of Hoth

http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/pl/page.news/newsID.52EF4167-D56F-E112-4DEEC013560D97D9/default.cfm

bobafrett
12-27-2005, 01:25 PM
This was forgetable so I didnt remember until today. Last night I found all the new Unleashed Battle Packs at Super Wal-Mart. They STINK!!!!! Please, please, please if you can help it, do not buy these!!! I inspected them to get a better look and they're just stupid! Lets send a message to Hasbro by not buying them.

I saw them also, and passed on them. They are really small, and not worth the price, nor the title "Unleashed". Unfortunetly we sold a bunch of them right before Christmas. We had an entire endcap full, all gone with the exception of one that I found. That doesn't send a bad message to Hasbro.

Jayspawn
12-27-2005, 11:37 PM
Good God. The pictures of the Unleashed Hoth wave are terrible! Please put the line out of its misery.

sith_killer_99
12-27-2005, 11:41 PM
Yeah, when I asked Hasbro to put out an Unleashed Snowtrooper this wasn't what I had in mind.:cry:

jedi master sal
12-28-2005, 03:13 AM
Well, I'll be buying those sets, duplicates of the Snowtroopers!

I can see you guys not liking these in the package, but I think when you see them in the dioramas I have planned for them, that they will gain a new appreciation.

At the least I think you'll tolerate them much better.

Jayspawn
12-28-2005, 08:54 AM
Sorry JMS, but I'll never tolerate them. If people dont buy them, Hasbro wont make them. Thats the stand I'm making. Not until we get the standard size back.

This was just an excuse for Hasbro to make a cheaper, lower quality pieces of crap.

Rogue II
12-28-2005, 10:14 AM
I have yet to buy any of the Unleashed figures, large or small. The larger line was kind of cool, but I just don't have the room for them. This new Hoth wave is tempting. But, since all you guys seem to be so anti-2" unleashed, I'll resist the urge to buy these and stick with Star Wars Miniatures and the 3.75" line. Original Trilogy characters only, of course.

Come to think of it, why is Hasbro making so many different mini-figures? There are the Star Wars Miniatures from WOTC games, the holograms with the new Saga line, this 2" Unleashed line, and the figures that come with the micro-machine line.

Anyway, hopefully you guys can get your large Unleashed line back.

bobafrett
12-28-2005, 10:40 AM
I have yet to buy any of the Unleashed figures, large or small. The larger line was kind of cool, but I just don't have the room for them. This new Hoth wave is tempting. But, since all you guys seem to be so anti-2" unleashed, I'll resist the urge to buy these and stick with Star Wars Miniatures and the 3.75" line. Original Trilogy characters only, of course.

Come to think of it, why is Hasbro making so many different mini-figures? There are the Star Wars Miniatures from WOTC games, the holograms with the new Saga line, this 2" Unleashed line, and the figures that come with the micro-machine line.

Anyway, hopefully you guys can get your large Unleashed line back.

It's not just us, take a look at them for yourself if you can find them. They are good if you want to set them up doing battle if you have a HO scale train set up in your basement, or place them around your Christmas village cutting down the civilians. I'm sure once you lay your eyes on these, you will turn away like many of us have.

Rogue II
12-28-2005, 10:59 AM
I did see the battlepacks a couple times at a local WM, but I didn't pay much attention to it because it was PT. I read through the previous posts in this tread I realized that the battlepacks are $10, that's crazy.

The Hoth set seemed kind of cool because it reminded me of the little green army guys I had when I was a kid. Those things were great. I guess that's why I started buying some of the WOTC Star Wars minis, but I'm losing interest in those because they are a pain in the butt to collect.

El Chuxter
12-28-2005, 12:17 PM
Even my wife, who has got me to buy a whole lot of SW stuff that is undeniably crap, thought these were lame and not worth getting. She loved the Unleashed (they were some of the select few that could be displayed in the open), but thinks these look like the crap you get on a SW cake at the local supermarket.

starwarsfan1
12-28-2005, 05:18 PM
Sorry JMS, but I'll never tolerate them. If people dont buy them, Hasbro wont make them. Thats the stand I'm making. Not until we get the standard size back.

This was just an excuse for Hasbro to make a cheaper, lower quality pieces of crap.
We will be getting the standard size back in spring. I like the battle packs and I have already made awesome dioramas with the first and second waves.:D Unfortuneatly I don't own a digital camara and cannot put pictures up.:cry:

Sith Lord 0498
12-31-2005, 11:17 AM
This new Hoth wave is tempting. But, since all you guys seem to be so anti-2" unleashed, I'll resist the urge to buy these and stick with Star Wars Miniatures and the 3.75" line.

Why should it even matter if a majority of other forumites are "anti-2" Unleashed"??? It's not their money you'd be spending. If the Hoth wave looks tempting to you and you think they're worth it, then you should buy whatever battlepacks you want. That's the great thing about being a collector...every collection (regardless of what it is) is unique and reflects the tastes and/or personality of the collector.

As for the previous comment someone else made that these figures are not Unleashed and never will be, I have to disagree. The Unleashed line was a series of 6-7 inch figures in pre-posed, non-articulated action poses. Now consider the Unleashed Battle Packs. Same concept, smaller scale. I'll include a comparison pic to illustrate this point.

Now, I'll admit...I have two big problems with this new line.

1) Overpriced...definitely. Perhaps $7.99 or $8.99. Or include a fifth figure and keep it at $10.

2) Yes, the plastic is very cheap, and certain sets look worse than others as a result. The Separatist battle droid pack suffers the most (the Droideka's legs have already warped under itself while still in the packaging). However, the Utapaun Warriors and Cody's clonetroopers (the latter of which I bought) look good out of the package.

I can appreciate and respect the fact that there are those who like them and those who don't. If you do, state so and buy them. If you don't, state so and don't buy them. If enough consumers don't buy them, then the line will end. It may not be fair to those who have bought them, but that's just the nature of any consumer goods industry.

But enough with driving your points down other people's throats already!!! If you weren't able to tell already, I'm one of those collectors who doesn't mind the new direction Hasbro went with the battle packs. But have I berated those who don't agree with me?? No, absolutely not. The furthest I went to advise another forumite to follow his own collecting wants...to use his own judgement.

I'll get off this "soapbox" with one last thing...

The biggest reason I took a several month hiatus from these forums is because it had predominantly become a gathering place for incessant complaining, griping, and berating forum against Hasbro. It was a chore to wade through all of it to find maybe one of two postings that were fun to read. I'd hate to spend time on here again only to find that things haven't changed.

starwarsfan1
12-31-2005, 11:51 AM
Why should it even matter if a majority of other forumites are "anti-2" Unleashed"??? It's not their money you'd be spending. If the Hoth wave looks tempting to you and you think they're worth it, then you should buy whatever battlepacks you want. That's the great thing about being a collector...every collection (regardless of what it is) is unique and reflects the tastes and/or personality of the collector.

As for the previous comment someone else made that these figures are not Unleashed and never will be, I have to disagree. The Unleashed line was a series of 6-7 inch figures in pre-posed, non-articulated action poses. Now consider the Unleashed Battle Packs. Same concept, smaller scale. I'll include a comparison pic to illustrate this point.

Now, I'll admit...I have two big problems with this new line.

1) Overpriced...definitely. Perhaps $7.99 or $8.99. Or include a fifth figure and keep it at $10.

2) Yes, the plastic is very cheap, and certain sets look worse than others as a result. The Separatist battle droid pack suffers the most (the Droideka's legs have already warped under itself while still in the packaging). However, the Utapaun Warriors and Cody's clonetroopers (the latter of which I bought) look good out of the package.

I can appreciate and respect the fact that there are those who like them and those who don't. If you do, state so and buy them. If you don't, state so and don't buy them. If enough consumers don't buy them, then the line will end. It may not be fair to those who have bought them, but that's just the nature of any consumer goods industry.

But enough with driving your points down other people's throats already!!! If you weren't able to tell already, I'm one of those collectors who doesn't mind the new direction Hasbro went with the battle packs. But have I berated those who don't agree with me?? No, absolutely not. The furthest I went to advise another forumite to follow his own collecting wants...to use his own judgement.

I'll get off this "soapbox" with one last thing...

The biggest reason I took a several month hiatus from these forums is because it had predominantly become a gathering place for incessant complaining, griping, and berating forum against Hasbro. It was a chore to wade through all of it to find maybe one of two postings that were fun to read. I'd hate to spend time on here again only to find that things haven't changed. Thank You Sith Lord 0498. This is the point I have been trying to get across. I pretty much agree with all of your points. You are right about the guys here. I realized it about a week after I joined. At least I know there is someone out there who agrees with me.

jedi master sal
12-31-2005, 12:16 PM
Now imagine the flack I get when I moderate someone's post because they are berating someone else. I could very easily just delete or tame down posts, but then those persons who typed the post in the first place give me crap for doing so.

I agree with the previous two posters.

If you like the Mini Unleashed, say so, if not say so and move on.

I can't help that I'm excited about these. They are going to work great for my specialized dioramas.

I still say bring them on...

The amount of plastic used is easily two figures worth, so it's relatively fair. Sure not as much articulation, but I'm cool with that. Heck I can still customize them to a degree.

Sith Lord 0498
12-31-2005, 12:34 PM
I'm surprised that we haven't heard announcements of other ROTS-themed battle packs such as the 501st Legion, Shocktroopers, Commander Bacara's troops, etc. This seems to be the ideal line in which to produce Clonetroopers that haven't been made yet and that fans/collectors have been clamoring for. That's not to say it should replace the 3.75" figure line, but it'd be a nice thing to hold army builders over with until the action figure versions are made.

Rogue II
12-31-2005, 05:24 PM
I finally took a good look at the Unleashed Clones, Battledroids, and Jedi battlepacks. Target restocked them. I will say I like the idea, but it was poorly executed. First, for the price, you should get a heck of a lot more figures. Second, the packs I saw had warped figures and weapons. The lightsabers were bent worse than Amananan's staff from the POTJ deluxe line, and they are about a quarter the size.

I know what I like. I've been around these boards long enough to know who I agree with and don't agree with when it comes to figures. So, when people I trust say a figure is garbage, I know who to believe, and who is just being too picky. Now, if the 2" Unleashed figures were a lot cheaper, then I might pick them up. It is an interesting concept, Hasbro just botched it.

figrin bran
12-31-2005, 06:58 PM
i bought the utapau commanders set today and i love it! the cody is well painted, well sculpted. the magnaguard wasn't so well painted but i like the sculpt and if only the 3 3/4" one was done as nicely. i guess i'm in the minority with Sal but i do plan on buying more sets from this line.

El Chuxter
01-02-2006, 11:37 AM
Look, I hate these figures, but if you like them, don't keep yourself from buying them on my account.

DarkArtist
01-04-2006, 11:49 AM
Havrn't actually seen these in stores yet, but I am kind of looking forward to them. They remind me of the vintage micro collection that kenner re-released in the 1980's. As I still have those and I am starting to collect the RPG figures from west coast, these might make a good addition to the collection.

Battle Droid
01-04-2006, 02:13 PM
http://www.mintinbox.net/data_base/cata_retailer/hasbro2k6/portal_skins/custom/data_base/catalogue_fabriquant/Hasbro2006/17_06.jpg

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
01-07-2006, 05:51 PM
My analysis is that I do like 'em. They are detailed for mini figures, much better than the unpainted, bland junk figures that are included in the Micro Sets.

Still I wish they could keep the regular sized Unleashed. I didn't get into them until it was too late. I noticed that they disappeared off the shelves a lot better than they ever did during the last months. Heck, I never saw an Unleashed Grevious and rarely a Vader or Sidious and Yoda. I saw no reason for Hasbro to get rid of them. They were quite unique.

starwarsfan1
01-07-2006, 06:46 PM
They havent got rid of the 6-inch yet. Its coming back in the Spring. The figs will be Shocktrooper on Mustafar, Chewbacca on Kashyyk, and Han Solo in the Trash Compactor.

Jayspawn
01-07-2006, 07:39 PM
I'm glad its spring. The small Battle Packs are too much to bear. Crap, crap, crap.

BountyHunterScum
01-10-2006, 05:03 PM
*gets the jedi packs only*

Blue2th
01-10-2006, 05:25 PM
Yeah, some of us fanatical Unleashed fans are/were mad at the temporary? canceling of the larger Unleashed. I am still a little bitter about Hasbro calling the new smaller figures Unleashed. By doing that they are essentially replacing the larger ones. In my rage I cried boycott! Yet when I saw the Utaupan Troopers and the Commaders, I bought them. Yeah I'm a sucker for Clones, no matter what size, and I had to buy the other one so I could get Cody. I do have the last 3 of the real Unleashed on order.

BountyHunterScum
01-19-2006, 08:07 PM
I'm picking specific ones, mostly Jedi sets.

El Chuxter
01-19-2006, 08:27 PM
I'm a sucker for a lot of SW junk, but I've passed on all of these a few dozen times each.

Blue2th
02-12-2006, 10:21 AM
SSG hasn't posted the pictures yet, but once you see the Hoth scenes we are in store for you might change your mind about the Unleashed line. We are getting a Snowspeeder with Luke on a snow base, and a Rebel Cannon Array with 2 Rebel Troopers. I am convinced now. The pictures are over at Galactic Hunter. Sorry I don't know how to link yet.

Slicker
02-12-2006, 10:50 AM
SSG hasn't posted the pictures yet, but once you see the Hoth scenes we are in store for you might change your mind about the Unleashed line. We are getting a Snowspeeder with Luke on a snow base, and a Rebel Cannon Array with 2 Rebel Troopers. I am convinced now. The pictures are over at Galactic Hunter. Sorry I don't know how to link yet.SSG has the pics in the database. Here's the link.

Playsets. (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showgallery.php?cat=4752)

Blue2th
02-12-2006, 11:06 AM
Cool, I'm flip-floppin' on this one. With the playsets being made, it changes everything. Can't wait to see what they come up with next. The possibilities are endless. :yes:

Sith Lord 0498
02-12-2006, 11:22 AM
The Battle of Hoth is a good place for Hasbro to start with making Unleashed Battlepack playsets and vehicles. With any luck, we'll get Geonosis, Endor, and Kashyyyk next. Kashyyyk would actually be a logical next place to go because of the battlepacks already released related to that theme. Then Endor, then Geonosis, and then Death Star 1.

Imagine the possibilities... :)

Blue2th
02-12-2006, 01:06 PM
Yup, they need to go back and make a Boga, Crab Droid, Gunship, maybe Grevious' Wheelbike and Fighter for Utaupau. For Kashyyyk they could do a Tree House Platform, Wookie Flyer, Anphibious Droid etc. but then again, maybe we are asking too much of Hasbro. Still the possibilities are there.

jedi master sal
02-12-2006, 02:31 PM
I'm stoked about the playsets, the Hoth Rebel troopers and Snowtroopers.

This line is shaping up quite nicely!

-Sal

BountyHunterScum
02-16-2006, 11:11 AM
They oughta make capital ships for the battle packs. Imperial ships and Rebel. Battle of Endor Empire: Star Destroyer, Executor, DS-II and Victory Star Destroyer. Rebel: Home One, Liberty, Nebulon-B Frigate and Blockade Runner.

jedi master sal
02-16-2006, 02:30 PM
They oughta make capital ships for the battle packs. Imperial ships and Rebel. Battle of Endor Empire: Star Destroyer, Executor, DS-II and Victory Star Destroyer. Rebel: Home One, Liberty, Nebulon-B Frigate and Blockade Runner.

To scale?

At the equation of 1"=1M, an Imperial Star Destroyer would be 133'4". That's too big. heh heh

But if a much more scaled down version was made, I'd totally be for it.

We've SO been lacking in capitol ships. Especially the Alliance ships.

Mon Cal cruisers
Medical Frigate
Rebel Transport

All of these so desperately need to made at some scale. (prefeably not the small Titanium, though I'd buy those too)

Action Fleet size would be outstanding for them.

-Sal

El Chuxter
02-16-2006, 02:53 PM
Here's a serious question, not my normal complaining: what's the quality like on these things?

I ask because I saw a pack of Scout Troopers from a brand new case of the Kashyyyk wave, and one of the figures was broken in two at the knee. No tampering was evident, nor was there any damage whatsoever to the packaging. Seems odd that a non-articulated figure would break in such a way. Just curious if that was a fluke.

Sith Lord 0498
02-16-2006, 04:37 PM
Here's a serious question, not my normal complaining: what's the quality like on these things?

I ask because I saw a pack of Scout Troopers from a brand new case of the Kashyyyk wave, and one of the figures was broken in two at the knee. No tampering was evident, nor was there any damage whatsoever to the packaging. Seems odd that a non-articulated figure would break in such a way. Just curious if that was a fluke.

It's a fluke. I've seen all four sets on several occasions (twice today in fact), and I've never seen any of them broken. The worst I've seen are warped lightsaber blades, and that's mostly from the wave 1 commander pack (Kenobi, Grievous, Cody, Magna Guard).

Overall, I'm very impressed with the quality of Wave 2. A significant step up from Wave 1.

BountyHunterScum
02-17-2006, 12:05 PM
To scale?

At the equation of 1"=1M, an Imperial Star Destroyer would be 133'4". That's too big. heh heh

But if a much more scaled down version was made, I'd totally be for it.

We've SO been lacking in capitol ships. Especially the Alliance ships.

Mon Cal cruisers
Medical Frigate
Rebel Transport

All of these so desperately need to made at some scale. (prefeably not the small Titanium, though I'd buy those too)

Action Fleet size would be outstanding for them.

-Sal
Nah not to scale. Last thing I want is Saxton stepping on yet something else star wars tech related. Actually they could make the ISD an inch and the Executor 12" long if you really want scale without massive size. I'd love a Titanium Ultra Super Star Destroyer or Home One and or generic Mon Calamari Cruiser.

Luuuuuuke
02-18-2006, 02:53 PM
On their own, I don't think these sets are all that nice, with the exception of the Wookie sets, which actually look very, very nice. But I think that at the end of the day, assuming the line has longevity, having all these little guys together will look pretty cool. But you got to go through a lot of bucks for that and I'm not sure it's worth it.