PDA

View Full Version : Early Bird back out

Kidhuman
11-23-2005, 11:22 AM
In WM today I notiuced the early bird is back out with an extended mail away until March of 06. What a joke, they didnt sell on clearance and they want full price for them again?

Fwad
11-23-2005, 11:36 AM
Some of the stores sent these back to Hasbro for whatever reason and Hasbro sent them back to the stores. These figures are not worth $30. Let them sit and rot forever.

starwarsfan1
11-23-2005, 03:45 PM
I'll have to agree with you Fwad.

El Chuxter
11-23-2005, 04:38 PM
I have a feeling this is going to be chalked up to a failed experiment, and those few thousand or so figures that were produced and not actually claimed will be clearanced in KB or TRU or through starwarshop.com.

wedge1968
11-23-2005, 06:06 PM
I got mine a week or so ago, and I am in love with the Chewbacca. I hope these go on clearance again so that I can grab another one for my cantina diorama.

JawaJoe
11-23-2005, 09:35 PM
Saw these today at wal mart for the first time ever.

Bacta Beast
11-24-2005, 10:47 AM
Y'know maybe they could have sold more of these if they broke them up between all the Walmarts not just the super versions.:stupid: Stupid idiots!:upset:

Hey, has anyone else noticed the title spaces being empty? What's up with that?:confused:

Kidhuman
11-24-2005, 10:55 AM
I noticed it too Bacta, thought it was just me....

DarkArtist
11-28-2005, 04:43 PM
I just got off the phone with Hasbro about the problem I have with the early bird and they pretty much told me that I am SOL. My friend Chris bought the early bird for me back in April at walmart.com and gave it to me as a gift. At the time he chucked the reciept because he knew that I would not return it.

However, when the box arrived at my house, the box was dented and ripped and looked as if the box was re-sealed. Upon opened it I found the early-bird package and mailed out the card. In August I recieved a letter from Cottonwood Industries saying that without the upc and reciept they needed Hasbro's approval in order to process the claim. After calling Hasbro numerous times and writing down the people names that I spoke to, I finally asked to speak with a customer service rep and ask what's the deal.

The rep said well the people you spoke with have never worked here and no records are on file with us about your claim therefore you are SOL and have a nice day. Now my friend is out the cash, and I am out the figures. :hurt:

bobafrett
11-28-2005, 07:19 PM
We got a box of these in, I saw it sitting on a toy pallet today. There is a sticker on the outside saying the new extended deadline. Probably just the same ones they took back a few months ago, slapped a sticker on the outside, and shipped them back. I managed to get a second one for $5, which I keep unopened. I think I still have the reciept, but you probably have to have one which was bought between certain dates. I'd mail off the $5 reciept to you Darkartist if I can find it, and you could see if that would work for you, since I will never open the second set.

DarkArtist
11-29-2005, 11:52 AM
Thanks fro the offer Bobafrett, but I reordered it from Walmart.com. I spoke with the Customer Servce Manager today from hasbro and she said since it's on file as being bought back in April, the reciept has to match.

But once again thanks, it's good to know that people are looking out of each other.:thumbsup:

Deoxyribonucleic
12-14-2005, 07:35 PM
I got mine for $15.00, sent it in about 3 weeks ago and they arrived today in the mail :eek: I couldn't believe it! I thought for sure I wouldn't see them until mid next year.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
01-02-2006, 12:58 PM
I saw these for the first time over the past weekend and I thought deeply about purchasing them, but the $30 sticker did scare me away. Evidently, some one is buying them seeming that they did not stay on the shelves long and they only had one left when I looked.

Deoxyribonucleic
01-02-2006, 01:19 PM
I saw these for the first time over the past weekend and I thought deeply about purchasing them, but the $30 sticker did scare me away. Evidently, some one is buying them seeming that they did not stay on the shelves long and they only had one left when I looked.

I would not have bought mine if I didn't get that 15 dollars off (had a gift card from a long time ago). 30 dollars is a bit steep, but this time around it seems they are mailing them much faster!

El Chuxter
01-02-2006, 01:24 PM
'Cause they made a bunch of them, and they're sitting around on a shelf in Hasbro's warehouse because not as many were originally ordered as projected.

bobafrett
01-02-2006, 03:56 PM
we had the sets marked down to $20.00, still to high for me to purchase the sticker variant case.

TheDarthVader
01-02-2006, 07:27 PM
What do you mean "sticker variant"? This is the first time I have heard about that. Luckily, I have no interest to try and get the variant if there is one.

B.
TDV

Fwad
01-02-2006, 09:37 PM
They put a sticker on the outside of the package saying that the offer has been extended. It also has a picture of the actual figures.

bobafrett
01-02-2006, 10:48 PM
What do you mean "sticker variant"? This is the first time I have heard about that. Luckily, I have no interest to try and get the variant if there is one.

B.
TDV

What I would like to know is, did they open the old kits up, and put new materials inside, or is it just the ones they took back several months ago, and just slapped a couple of new stickers on them.

Deoxyribonucleic
01-03-2006, 02:53 AM
or is it just the ones they took back several months ago, and just slapped a couple of new stickers on them.

I think this is right.

Fwad
01-03-2006, 01:45 PM
There is a sticker on the outside of the package now.

bountyfool
01-06-2006, 03:00 PM
I bought one at walmart.com on Dec 27. I didn't know anything about the expiration dates. I got it yesterday and noticed the expiration date had already passed and there was no sticker on it extending the date. I returned it to a local store and am out the shipping but nothing else. I then found a set on ebay for $20 so I'm actually ahead of the game now. Look on ebay as the sets are still cheap there.

El Chuxter
01-06-2006, 04:28 PM
You got the original receipt from the eBay seller, right?

Rebo's_Guitarist
01-07-2006, 08:26 AM
Picked one up last night for 20.00. Not that I really needed it or the figures but hey, its "exclusive"............send em back to sit with all the Mustafar Obis and Vaders I say.........

DarkArtist
01-07-2006, 12:29 PM
I ordered mine online at Walmart.com, mailed it out about a month ago, with the email reciept and the packaging receipt and UPC and still have yet to get one. If I get another letter from Habro saying that they can't process it again it will be the last Hasbro product I buy.

DarthQuack
01-07-2006, 07:14 PM
I got mine and was happy with the figures, but yes, I've seen them on shelves at WM near me with a later date sticker on them for up until March 31st I think?

Slicker
01-07-2006, 08:00 PM
I just saw these tonight for the first time since MM. The WM I went to had at least 20 of them with the new updated sticker as DQ stated.

bountyfool
01-07-2006, 08:53 PM
I should have said I got the set of 4 figures + the early bird package on ebay for $20. There were a lot of sellers with the figures in hand with prices around $20 - $30.

AmanaMatt
01-26-2006, 11:13 AM
I can't believe how many find this set to be a rip off -Since I am not a hyperspace member, it was worth the $30 - I love the Chewie and Leia that comes with the set. Sure, Leia is a saltshaker, but she has a real nice sculpt...and thanks to this Chewie version, I am done on all future Chewie figs - they will never top the VOTC Chewie...

DarkArtist
01-26-2006, 11:39 AM
I'm still waiting, and t top it all off, my friend found his original reciept for the first early bird set he got me. The only problem is that now I have no UPC or the card that held all the information on it anymore. I wonder if I contact Hasbro again and tell them will they send out the second set ?

Lord Malakite
01-26-2006, 02:26 PM
I can't believe how many find this set to be a rip off -Since I am not a hyperspace member, it was worth the $30 - I love the Chewie and Leia that comes with the set. Sure, Leia is a saltshaker, but she has a real nice sculpt...and thanks to this Chewie version, I am done on all future Chewie figs - they will never top the VOTC Chewie...
It wasn't much of a rip-off if you planned to send away for the figures, if you you wanted an unopen Early Bird for your collection though you are getting ripped though.

lukesky27
01-30-2006, 06:25 PM
My Wallyworld had about five of these left last week marked down to $19.96. I already have my set of figures and saw no need to get another set. So, I left them for someone else. They all had the new sticker on them, so I wonder if the toy department just didn't want them taking up shelf space?

D:thumbsup:

Lazer Brain
02-16-2006, 04:52 PM
I just got back from my walmart run and these have the $5 dollar mark, so i pick one up. there are still plenty in my area from 10 to 5 dollars.
later

UKWildcat
02-16-2006, 07:41 PM
$5!!! Not bad at all!!! The WM here has several and they are marked down to $19. I'm waiting for them to drop more before I pick it up. It would be awesome if they make it down to $5, even $10... that's insane.

Kidhuman
02-16-2006, 08:11 PM
I picked one up for 19 a few weeeks back. I figured less than 5 for bucks each figure was worth it.

DarkArtist
02-16-2006, 08:36 PM
Finally got mine. Still can't get the second one, oh well 1 is better than 0

Slicker
02-17-2006, 05:51 AM
I just got back from my walmart run and these have the $5 dollar mark, so i pick one up. there are still plenty in my area from 10 to 5 dollars.
laterI'll have to go and check my local WM. As of a couple of weeks ago they had shelves full of these things at $25 which is still a bit high for me to get one. Although the figure deal will expire soon so I'd better get on my high horse.

JediTricks
02-17-2006, 02:32 PM
$19 is what they were last week when I checked.

Kidhuman
02-17-2006, 03:03 PM
They moved them to ten here today. Got one at 19 though as stated above.

UKWildcat
02-17-2006, 04:24 PM
When I went to WM today they were still $19.

timmae
02-17-2006, 09:17 PM
still 19 in charlotte too. i'd go ten i think.

BoShek
02-17-2006, 09:48 PM
$10 for a set at my WM. I will get one or two if they dip to $5.

Samuel Windu
02-18-2006, 07:36 AM
Anyone can help me to pick one or two?I have lots to trade.Please take a look: http://www.snowtroopers.ca/forum/index.php?topic=12399.0

PM me if you can help.

Thunderbird
02-18-2006, 09:04 PM
Hey guys, I haven't posted here in years, and even then I didn't post very offen, but I've been lurking most of this time and getting a lot of good info.

So to return some info of my own, I just thought I'd let you know I just pick up some of the Early Bird sets for $3.00:shocked:

I'll have 3 extra sets once they come in, I just mailed them out today. Once I get them I'll trade them off as a set with figures and stand w/ insterts.

JediTricks
02-20-2006, 03:57 AM
I wonder how many of these are going to hit stores at that low a price. I suspect not many, but even the few that do will probably hurt the tradebait value of 'em in the long run (look at Target's B-wing for a similar situation). Still, can't go wrong at $3.

Samuel Windu
02-21-2006, 04:38 AM
Hi fellow collectors,
I just want the new,unopened Certificate Package.Anyone can help to get one or two?Thanks.

Lazer Brain
02-23-2006, 04:37 PM
well, all the $5 dollar ones are gone around here, but i'll keep an eye out and grap some extras next time.
later

UKWildcat
03-03-2006, 08:32 PM
The WM here finally dropped their prices on the EB from $19 to $15. Still not cheap enough for me to pick one up though.

On a sidenote - I also noticed that the 500th Darth Vader fig was down to $5.

Kidhuman
03-03-2006, 11:37 PM
WM here has it for ten, but after shipping, it would be the same price, so if you want one LMK. 3/31 is coming quick.

UKWildcat
03-04-2006, 12:09 AM
Thanks for the offer kh, but like you said, after shipping it would be about the same. I think/hope WM is going to keep "rolling back" the prices more and more quickly as the deadline approaches. Hopefully within the next week it will be down to $10 or below here. I don't see why it wouldn't. It's not going to do any good for them if they are priced at $15 or so when the deadline is nearly here or passes. Unless, of course, they extend it again.

Kidhuman
03-23-2006, 01:27 PM
Well, I got mine in the mail 2 days ago and I like em. Nothing special really. One WM by me sold out and the other is 9 bucks. UK, you still want one? I can mail it from here with your info if ya need me to so we beat the deadline.

Fwad
03-23-2006, 03:28 PM
Thanks for the offer kh, but like you said, after shipping it would be about the same. I think/hope WM is going to keep "rolling back" the prices more and more quickly as the deadline approaches. Hopefully within the next week it will be down to $10 or below here. I don't see why it wouldn't. It's not going to do any good for them if they are priced at $15 or so when the deadline is nearly here or passes. Unless, of course, they extend it again.There is no way that Walmart is paying attention to the expiration date. Buy it now if you want it.

El Chuxter
03-23-2006, 04:22 PM
I wonder what Hasbro will do in the (very likely) case that someone buys an Early Bird package sometime next month and sends it in?

It would be horrible customer service to just refuse it, since someone's out up to $30 already.

UKWildcat
03-23-2006, 09:26 PM
Well, I got mine in the mail 2 days ago and I like em. Nothing special really. One WM by me sold out and the other is 9 bucks. UK, you still want one? I can mail it from here with your info if ya need me to so we beat the deadline.

Cool, check VA/Hmptn Rds thread KH!

There is no way that Walmart is paying attention to the expiration date.

Yea, thats what I figured and was afraid of. The WM here is really slack and doesn't pay attention to a lot of stuff. :rolleyes:

jonthejedi
03-25-2006, 07:42 AM
I have a WalMart near me that still has like 6-7 of the EBK's, still at 19.00 which I refuse to pay. I tried telling them they're going to eat them if they don't clearance them out, the expiration date of next week & all. My words fell on deaf ears. What does WalMart think they're going to be worth after March 31???

BlueSnags
03-26-2006, 01:15 AM
Picked up an extra EB set tonight from Walmart for $9. This was my second set - the first set I bought on 4/2 last year for $30.

I'll send in the form for the figures again, but I bought it more for the stand, which I think is pretty darn cool.

Rebo's_Guitarist
03-26-2006, 08:06 AM
Got mine a couple days ago. I like that they come in a tray.

Kidhuman
03-26-2006, 08:20 AM
The tray could have been sturdier IMO.

Rebo's_Guitarist
03-26-2006, 09:05 AM
True, but I was totally expecting them to come in those little white boxes.

Fwad
03-26-2006, 02:22 PM
I have a WalMart near me that still has like 6-7 of the EBK's, still at 19.00 which I refuse to pay. I tried telling them they're going to eat them if they don't clearance them out, the expiration date of next week & all. My words fell on deaf ears. What does WalMart think they're going to be worth after March 31???Walmart is odd with the clearance stuff. The 1st time the EBK was out it got clearanced down to $1 at the end of August.Then around November they were back again at $30.

bobafrett
03-26-2006, 02:26 PM
True, but I was totally expecting them to come in those little white boxes.

Like the Solo in armor figure or the Emperor Palpatine, or the Cantina band members. I was expecting that too, but I do like the way they came. I bought a second one for $5, but it wasn't with the extended deadline. Also my store had plenty of these left several months ago, then I saw them sittting in a shopping cart in the backroom, then I never saw them again. I keep forgetting to ask the toy department manager of their fate. Did Hasbro come reclaim them a second time? Were they maked down and thrown out? Did some scalper come make an offer to buy them up at a lower price? Curious.

Lazer Brain
03-26-2006, 07:23 PM
got my figures in the mail yesterday 2 sets from clearance, thats way cool! so i have a set of early bird figures for trade,dark trooper,clone emperor, or reeyees loose.or vintage weapons.
later

jjreason
03-27-2006, 09:52 AM
The Early Bird Figure set is awesome. Every home should have one.

2-1B
03-27-2006, 11:31 AM
I can't believe they backed out on the Early Bird promotion. :mad:

Slicker
03-27-2006, 11:45 AM
They got cold feet and in the end they just couldn't go through with it.

CaptainSolo1138
03-27-2006, 12:28 PM
They got cold feet and in the end they just couldn't go through with it.
Really....