PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate Marathon

Kidhuman
11-23-2005, 11:45 PM
While at work, he had an HBO/Cinemax rep come in for HBO day. I work for Dish Network if you didnt know. I was speaking to her and Star Wars got brought up. She mentioned that in May, Cinemax will get ROTS and show the 6 part marathon as well. Sounds like a good day to me.

2-1B
11-25-2005, 05:21 PM
In fullscreen? With Skinemax adverts in between?

No thanks. :D

JimJamBonds
11-25-2005, 11:59 PM
In fullscreen? With Skinemax adverts in between?

No thanks. :D

Yeah its already a long haul and that doesn't make it any quicker. :yes:

scruffziller
11-26-2005, 10:34 AM
Yeah its already a long haul and that doesn't make it any quicker. :yes:

Yea like trying to see that Sandperson off to the right in Lukes binoculars, or trying to find Snaggletooth in the cantina sitting in the next table to the left of Han and Chewie when the stormies come by, or trying to find Dengar in Jabbas palace......... shall I go on?

2-1B
11-26-2005, 12:29 PM
Don't forget the Rancor's claw as he bites the big one.

trandoshan666
11-28-2005, 07:42 PM
Man, it seems funny to think of watching the Star Wars movies in full screen mode. I did it with the OT when I was a kid, but to do it in 2006 just seems wrong. The marathon idea, though, is really fun. A friend and I just did a marathon of the 6 movies a couple of weeks ago, and it was truly an amazing experience. I'll probably do it again with the addition of both volumes of Clone Wars should be even better. :D

bobafrett
11-28-2005, 08:25 PM
I used to get Cinemax or "Skin O Max" for free, back before the dark times, before digital cable. I thought about signing up for this, but remembered, I have all six films on DVD, and can watch it at my pleasure. I might consider it if the episodes IV, V and VI were in pre special edition showings, but the empire known as Lucasfilm will probably put a stranglehold on that.