PDA

View Full Version : The new coolest commercial of all time

El Chuxter
11-25-2005, 10:27 AM
"Little Saint Nick" by the Beach Boys is playing as a family of polar bears walks across a frozen landscape. They stop on a ridge and look down to see a huge group of penguins dancing to the music. The baby bear slips and slides down into the penguins. They stop dancing until a baby penguin emerges from the crowd and gives him (you guessed it) a Coke. Then the music starts up again, and they all dance.

Bears.

Penguins.

The Beach Boys.

My God, does it get any cooler than that?

starwarsfan1
11-25-2005, 10:29 AM
Thats pretty funny Chuxter. Havent seen that one yet.

Slicker
11-25-2005, 10:33 AM
I saw that one yesterday and I'm now gonna make a new entry in the overrated thread. That commercial is as lame as all of the other Coke Polar Bear commercials.

Man, you just dropped several notches Chux.;)

El Chuxter
11-25-2005, 10:37 AM
I saw that one yesterday and I'm now gonna make a new entry in the overrated thread. That commercial is as lame as all of the other Coke Polar Bear commercials.

Man, you just dropped several notches Chux.;)

But, dude, the two coolest animal species of all time jamming to the Beach Boys, and an original from their Christmas album at that. How can that be lame?

It could only be better if the bears were wearing BIG GREEN FOAM RUBBER HULK GLOVES and everyone danced on the shattered skulls of otters in the end.

Though in fairness, I always thought those Coke commercials would be better if they used real polar bears. Real polar bears who'd been starved for weeks and had rabies. That'd be cool.

Bobby Fett
11-25-2005, 10:59 AM
Real polar bears, with rabies, dancing on otter skulls, eating Ewoks. THAT would be cool. :thumbsup:

Kidhuman
11-25-2005, 01:52 PM
I saw this commercial the other night and loved it.

2-1B
11-25-2005, 03:50 PM
I disagree, the current coolest commercial is Flavor Flav's Miller commercial.

"YEAHHHHHH, BOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY"

Blue2th
11-25-2005, 05:42 PM
I do like the Burger King one with the ornery Stormtrooperlol

Bacta Beast
11-26-2005, 11:25 AM
I was thinking it would be cool if the polar bear spit out the Coke and demanded a Pepsi. Of course when the penguin can't produce, the unhappy bear bites the penguin's head off leaving a bloody nub.:twisted:

El Chuxter
11-26-2005, 12:44 PM
Bears and penguins would never fight. They respect one anothers' coolness too much.

Mandalorian Candidat
11-26-2005, 08:47 PM
Polar bears live in the Arctic Circle while penguins are exclusively down south...thus making your adoration oh so lame Chuxie.

You've now officially jumped the shark. ;)

El Chuxter
11-26-2005, 09:50 PM
But that's what makes it so cool: they're world-travellin' penguins! Duuuuuuuuuh.

Slicker
11-27-2005, 12:42 AM
Polar bears live in the Arctic Circle while penguins are exclusively down south...thus making your adoration oh so lame Chuxie.

You've now officially jumped the shark. ;)Chux. You've officially been PWN3D!!

JimJamBonds
11-27-2005, 11:42 PM
I saw it today and I wouldn't crown it the greatest commercial ever but its not bad.

2-1B
11-27-2005, 11:46 PM

You've now officially jumped the shark. ;)

Would that be an Arctic Shark ? lol

sith_killer_99
11-27-2005, 11:47 PM
I've seen it and it's pretty cool.

My personal favorite right now is the one where the birds ring the doorbell and get the guy to answer the door, then they close the sliding door while he isn't looking and he walks right into it. hehehe;)

CaptainSolo1138
11-28-2005, 07:59 AM
I do like the Burger King one with the ornery Stormtrooperlol
I like it too, but the problem I have with it is his stiff posture. Is the armor too tight, fella? Hmm? Bodyglove riding up on you buddy?

Chux. You've officially been PWN3D!!
And he is now the proud driver of a Camer-OWNED!

JimJamBonds
11-28-2005, 11:25 AM
I like it too, but the problem I have with it is his stiff posture. Is the armor too tight, fella? Hmm? Bodyglove riding up on you buddy?

Yeah that weird "strut" the trooper does always bugs me.

bobafrett
11-28-2005, 05:34 PM
Yeah that weird "strut" the trooper does always bugs me.

Sad thing is, my friends asked me if it was me or one of my Stormtrooper buddies doing that commercial. It looks like ESB armor, mine looks more like ANH.

JimJamBonds
11-29-2005, 12:57 AM
Sad thing is, my friends asked me if it was me or one of my Stormtrooper buddies doing that commercial. It looks like ESB armor, mine looks more like ANH.

Nothing wrong with that Frett, infact I think thats cool that somebody thought you might have been in a national commercial. :thumbsup:

The more I think about it its a combonation of the way the guy/girl held the blaster, spun and walked away. Just seems a bit off.

bobafrett
11-29-2005, 08:07 AM
From what I have read, it was the G. Lucas touring armor with one of the members of the 501st costuming club inside. Perhaps he had trouble with the rubber no slip mats on the floor causing him/her to walk this way.

scruffziller
12-01-2005, 12:18 PM
The Polar Bear Coke commercials have always been awesome. But the best commercials ever were the LITTLE CAESER'S commercials, NOW THOSE WERE FALL DOWN FUNNY!!!!!!:thumbsup: