PDA

View Full Version : Annoying:2nd hand prices of Titanium Wave 2.

AndyW
11-25-2005, 12:22 PM
After there literally being a flood of Wave 2 ships on ebay over the last few months, now all of sudden they are getting rare, well, more accurately, people are cashing in on these no longer being in stores.

I've been watching a full set of 8 ships thats already at $62, and theres two buy it now auctions running at $125 and $150! You can though grab some of the wave singularly, some like Anakins fighter is nowhere to be found.

I'll let you know if I give in and bid!

AndyW
11-25-2005, 01:33 PM
Well it went for about $71 in the end, just not worth it in my humble opinion, although I very nearly gave into temptation!

Kidhuman
11-25-2005, 01:51 PM
Hell, I can get Wave 2 for cost still.

AndyW
11-25-2005, 02:52 PM
Really? I was under the impression that these weren't around at walmarts anymore. I remember you saying in July they were still on the shelves. PM on its way...

sicqnus
11-26-2005, 02:51 AM
Hasbro said they will be available in mass quantities in most stores in 06". They are WM excl. only for the end of 05'...

SHOPPING MAUL
11-26-2005, 03:07 AM
I'm sorry, but i cannot see the logic of paying or even bidding for
those series 2 titanium ships...........
I know that some areas of the country receive less star wars
merchandise than others, but $150 for 8 titanium ships?

AndyW
11-26-2005, 05:22 AM
Hasbro said they will be available in mass quantities in most stores in 06". They are WM excl. only for the end of 05'...

True, but you never know with Hasbro, and I wouldn't like to get caught out not being able to get them.

I'm sorry, but i cannot see the logic of paying or even bidding for
those series 2 titanium ships...........
I know that some areas of the country receive less star wars
merchandise than others, but $150 for 8 titanium ships?

Remember, that the rest of the world does not have the luxury of getting these in stores, so I can understand why someone might pay those kinds of prices. That said, both those expensive auctions that I mentioned have been relisted a couple of times, so obviously people are deciding its a silly price.

Warstar
11-28-2005, 04:52 AM

Yeah, but the packaging is changing! Look at the new wave's stuff packaged photos and you'll see that the Titanium Series logo will now outweigh the Star Wars logo (probably because they are releasing other properties in the Titanium line).

I am willing to bet that the Wookie Flyer wave is the last we'll see of the classic packaging...

I hung all 17 of the ships I have so far on the wall in package tonight- they're really neat like that! ...I may still open them, though...

AndyW
11-28-2005, 07:19 AM
I see what your saying about the packaging Warstar, not really a concern for me as I'll eventually open mine and display them, but I'm still worried we won't see re-runs of the earlier waves.

I have bagged 5 ships from Wave 2 for a very reasonable $30. Got the Star Destroyer, A-Wing, Tri Fighter, Snowspeeder, and the Republic Gunship, so just got the AT-RT, Anakin Yellow Fighter and Y-Wing to find.

My loose Green Anakin Fighter and Blue ARC-170 still haven't arrived from Hong Kong, so going to have to email the seller. And today I recieved a nicely boxed Ep1 Trade Federation Battleship die-cast from a seller in the UK, that I bought as the one I bought some years back is now scratched. As with all the new Titaniums I've been buying recently, its staying in the box till space for display permits.

Am after the Republic Cruiser, but at the moment the only one for sale is $34! Eeeek!

Warstar
11-28-2005, 07:24 PM
I didn't think packaging was a concern until I hung them all up :p

Which Republic Cruiser are you after? I ordered a box of Titaniums from Entertainment Earth...an order I may cancel, since a set from ActionHQ might be better to get. If I get the box from EE, I'll have like 4x Jedi Attack Cruisers (Republic Cruisers). I'd be willing to part with them for my cost + shipping :)

The one I thing I am still sorta bummed about is that out of the 17 ships I have, I already owned 11 of them (since I have the original die-casts through the Episode 1 line). I want to open the ones I don't have yet, but the packaing...so cool...ARGH

If I could be a completest like I used to be (1 to keep, 1 to open) I would, but it's too expensive for me nowadays- esp. with the scarcity of the Titanium line.

If Hasbro DOES make them all available everywhere and they're easy to find and the same paint jobs as the Wally World exclusives, I . Am. All. Over. Opening. Them. All. :D

AndyW
12-01-2005, 02:05 PM
The Republic Cruiser I was refering to was the Ep1 ship. A while back these were often up on ebay for reasonable money, now it seems not.

I'll certainly take an extra Jedi Attack Cruiser though. I've gone for the action h-q order but I want myself at least more than one of that ship as its just so great looking!

On the subject of buying stuff we already have, another thing thats never bothered me as in the past I've rarely bought any die-cast star wars stuff, it just passed me by. I once got an X-wing for a birthday but it, along with a couple of Ep1 ships I got, were bashed about a bit. Hence why I'm going back and grabbing Ep1 collection ships. (I want the old paints of ships like the Droid Fighter for exaple)

My Green Jedi Fighter and blue ARC-170 turned up today. Both nice repaints, although these particular examples are a bit rough, they are obviously production rejects due to poor paint. But for the peanuts that I paid, I don't mind. Will still pick up the proper packaged versions as they aren't really fit to display.

This collectings hard work!

Warstar
12-02-2005, 07:43 PM
Yep- the old Rep. Cruiser is getting a scalper treatment...

...another surprising thing that's suddenly jumping up in price on Ebay is the double-bladed Darth Maul lightsaber toy from Hasbro. $50-$60 for this thing, and back in the day they couldn't give it away...odd.

Anyway, back on topic:

I've decided to get another Titanium 5-pack 1 if my local Wally-World still has them, simply because I have none of the ships in it opened already. I'm passing on another Pack 2, even though I don't have a Red 3 X-Wing opened, nor the Swamp Speeder and ARC-170. I may have to go the route of trying to find the repaint Swamp Speeder and ARC-170 loose, though, and that'll be expensive...

...maybe I should get it and sell the loose Slave 1? Who knows.

I just wish these things were around long enough for us to consider what we want to do with them. By the time we decided maybe we want to open the ships their secondary market price makes it impossible or expensive to do :(