PDA

View Full Version : Anakin Figure/12 inch Revealed?

Boba Wett
01-20-2002, 06:10 PM
I remeber at the Official Star Wars site seeing a full body scan of Anakin Skywalker.

I remeber reading where there might be a Jedi Duel Anakin Skywalker in a collection (don't know which one) and seeing this picture looks like he could be such figure.

Maybe the Collecter's Assorment?

Or it could be a 12 inch figure.

Just thought you might outa know. Oh, and another thing, I just want to say hi, and I'm new to this board.

Here's the link http://www.starwars.com/collecting/feature/20010315/index_0.html

bigbarada
01-20-2002, 06:47 PM
This is what we all believed the Ep2 figures would look like before horrifying reality slapped us in the face a few weeks back.:mad:

GNT
01-20-2002, 08:31 PM
Welcome to the boards,thats probably what the 2nd or 3rd anakin will look like(so he can fit into his speeder :)

pthfnder89
01-21-2002, 10:45 AM
Hopefully we *will* get an Anakin figure that looks like the realscan. (I'm crossing my fingers that you're spot on GNT:))

But that scan wouldn't have anything to do with a 12" figure BobaWett. The clothing on the figure would still be stitched, not sculpted, so the scan wouldn't do much good there, and Hasbro uses the same, generic 12" body for a lot of its figures.

I hope the scans help them when it comes to producing 12" heads though. The possibilities there leave me very excited.

bigbarada
01-21-2002, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by pthfnder89
I hope the scans help them when it comes to producing 12" heads though. The possibilities there leave me very excited.

Even if the realscan process gives Hasbro a perfect likeness prototype to work with, remember that they still use the roto-molding process to produce the heads which always yields very unpredictable results.