PDA

View Full Version : separation of the twins case assortment

Hexagram520
11-28-2005, 01:27 AM
so i was at wal mart tonight, where they had 7 or 8 new cases of basic figures, they were friendly and let me chill there while they opened them all...every case had this same assortment...1 red guard, 1 c 3po, 1 tarkin, 1 ki adi mundi, 1 count dooku, and 1 R4-P9...4 Bail Organas w/ Leia, 2 Obi Wans w/Luke.

Finally Hasbro is doing something right.

I know there are a couple of other threads this could go with, but the overall subject here is...finally.

Bacta Beast
11-28-2005, 07:57 AM
I think it's good that they're not doing straight cases of the twins, but I don't understand why there's only two Lukes to four Leias. Unless they plan to correct that in the next assortment.

Hexagram520
11-28-2005, 12:59 PM
sorry, i totally annihalated the name of the droid, it's r4-p17, which i'm sure you figured that out, i was tired last night

abell748
11-28-2005, 03:25 PM
this bodes well as I need a Dooku and Ki. I hope there is another assortment with the Secrua #32 and Plo Koon, then I will be complete for this year.

trandoshan666
11-28-2005, 05:30 PM
Thanks for the excellent info, Hexagram. I finally have some legitimate hope of scoring the last three figures I need in the ROTS line (Tarkin). Now if these things only start showing up around here

Turbowars
11-28-2005, 06:44 PM

They are? Where do you see that? I mean sure the red guard and a few others will sell but anyone that wants the twins will want both and now the 3rd and 4th guy to find them will be screwed. Way to go Hasbro:thumbsup: See sig below!:rolleyes:

BlueSnags
11-28-2005, 08:08 PM
That case assortment is lame - I was under the impression that Hasbro was shipping straight cases of these - 6 Obis and 6 Bails. Of course, I have no proof to back that up because LA AND THE ENTIRE WEST COAST HASN'T GOTTEN THEM YET...ARRRRRRRGH, WHERE ARE THEY??!!!???:frus:

bobafrett
11-28-2005, 08:53 PM
Got mine, but I didn't see the case assortment breakdown. We had many that I assumed these were 6 per case, and I never bothered to count how many Lukes or Lieas there were on the pegs.

Hexagram520
11-28-2005, 08:58 PM
i mostly meant because they were reshipping the main figures people had trouble finding earlier on. if we got them here, everyone else should get them soon. i think after the initial excitement the twins will be easy to get your hands on.

El Chuxter
11-28-2005, 10:15 PM
That case assortment is lame - I was under the impression that Hasbro was shipping straight cases of these - 6 Obis and 6 Bails. Of course, I have no proof to back that up because LA AND THE ENTIRE WEST COAST HASN'T GOTTEN THEM YET...ARRRRRRRGH, WHERE ARE THEY??!!!???:frus:

I found 'em in Hemet (about 45 minutes west of Palm Springs) this morning, so they'll probably be warming pegs closer to LA Proper soon.

Kidhuman
11-29-2005, 12:46 AM
Actually, I had them open a case tonight and it had Tarkin, Ki-adi, a blue guard, meena, two other old ones and three each of bail and obi, so they must be shipping out old stock with them or something.

Hexagram520
11-29-2005, 03:04 AM
weird, i went to another wal mart tonight, and same deal as my other wal mart. oh well, still a good thing they're shipping tarkin and the guards again

Old Fossil
11-29-2005, 10:54 AM
This assortment has (unbelievably) showed up here in south MS. I got my pair last night, and picked up an extra Dooku and Tarkin to keep MOC. There was only one case of figures, which also included 3PO, R4, one red guard, and Ki-Adi Mundi, and the stockboy said that they showed 0 quantities on order. Looks like this is it for ROTS.

On a side note, I know many don't like the cards the Twins are on, but I love 'em! Although I actually would have paid more if they had been shipped in protective cases, kind of like what Target does with their exclusives. None of my cases will fit the Twins' cards.:sad:

I'm glad they waited till the end of the line to put the Separation of the Twins out, too. Seems fitting, that the last assortment of figures for the ROTS line dovetails with the ending scene of the film.

Lazer Brain
11-29-2005, 11:04 PM
i found them here in texas tonight, these are great! the cards look cool too.are any of the other figs worth getting? i pick up the tarkin for a friend.
later

trandoshan666
11-29-2005, 11:20 PM
Found one case of this assortment at WM in Austin, Texas, and am most pleased to get these guys and Tarkin and finally be finished with the ROTS line.

timmae
11-29-2005, 11:21 PM
my twins seem to fit in a starcase 3 okay.:D

Mandalorian Candidat
11-30-2005, 05:37 PM
I found these today. Got them mainly cause the cards are nice and they were cheap exclusives. OK, call me a lemming but they look good so I got em.

I was at WM when they were putting out 3 cases this AM and maybe these were different than the cases described above. The OB1 to Bail ratio was 1:1 and the case had a Padme in it.

The extra nice thing is that this WM finally pulled most of the Neimoidians and AT-RT dudes to make room for these.

BlueSnags
12-01-2005, 02:48 AM
The case I found today looked like it was split in half (it was the "Exclusive Display" case): 6 Separation of the Twins figures (3x Obi, 3x Bail), and the other half was 6 ROTS figures (Tarkin, Blue Guard, C3PO, Dooku, R4, and Ki-Adi).

ace2005
12-01-2005, 05:09 AM
Houston, Texas here...

these twins are showing up in spades at local area Wal-marts, as described by other forum members these are in a long boxes marked exclusive and they even use a card board spacer to help support the six ROTS figs, due to the odd sized twin cards.

Also, noticed collection 2 cases showing up with these.

Good Luck,

:D

ndjedi
12-06-2005, 01:02 AM
so i was at wal mart tonight, where they had 7 or 8 new cases of basic figures, they were friendly and let me chill there while they opened them all...every case had this same assortment...1 red guard, 1 c 3po, 1 tarkin, 1 ki adi mundi, 1 count dooku, and 1 R4-P9...4 Bail Organas w/ Leia, 2 Obi Wans w/Luke.

I know there are a couple of other threads this could go with, but the overall subject here is...finally.

Which Wal-Mart where you at? Found the final two figures tonight. The Separation of the Twins came in a very distintive WM Exclusive Case with Display box, and each case had 12 figures each, 3 Infant Luke Skywalker w/Obi-Wan Kenobi & 3 Infant Leia Organa w/Bail Organa for each box. There were 7 individual WM Exclusive cases on the floor ready to be put onto the shelves tonight. Each of the Twins set was priced at $4.77 each. Not a bad for a figure I didn't believe Hasbro would make, not to mention when I first saw early pics of these, I thought them to be fakes! Now I have all 70 ROTS figures from 2005, thank God! I think these last two final figures that will segway from the ROTS line to the new Saga II line, is a fitting ending to SW figures in 2005. Hello to SW collecting in 2006! Opps......Sorry Hex, you were right, they did come mixed in with the Twins sets on the right side and the older harder to find figures on the left hand side! Sorry for that! Happy Hunting!

Hexagram520
12-06-2005, 02:45 AM
Which Wal-Mart where you at? Found the final two figures tonight. The Separation of the Twins came in a very distintive WM Exclusive Case with Display box, and each case had 12 figures each, 6 Infant Luke Skywalker w/Obi-Wan Kenobi & 6 Infant Leia Organa w/Bail Organa for each box. There were 7 individual WM Exclusive cases on the floor ready to be put onto the shelves tonight. I don't know where you got this idea of the Separation of the Twins coming with other regular & now older ROTS figures? Each of the Twins set was priced at $4.77 each. Not a bad for a figure I didn't believe Hasbro would make, not to mention when I first saw early pics of these, I thought them to be fakes! Now I have all 70 ROTS figures from 2005, thank God! I think these last two final figures that will segway from the ROTS line to the new Saga II line, is a fitting ending to SW figures in 2005. Hello to SW collecting in 2006!

i don't really know how to answer this..i was at a wal mart where i live? and the cases did have 12 figures with a display insert, only each case had 6 twin figures, and 6 older figures. others in this very thread said the same thing. maybe now they are being shipping with all 12 figures being twins?

ace2005
12-06-2005, 04:09 AM
I concur with Hexagram520, I also found the split cases in Houston, Texas in all local area Wal-marts, which was last week and have not seen a reship since their first appearance.

Good Luck,

:thumbsup:

Old Fossil
12-06-2005, 07:04 AM
Same here at my WM in south MS. 1 case, 3 each of the twins, mixed with an assortment of other ROTS figures including Tarkin, C-3PO, red guard, Count Dooku, and Ki-Adi Mundi.

BlueSnags
12-06-2005, 01:14 PM
Same here in Los Angeles. I busted open a case and found twins packs on one side, and on the other side was older figs.

ndjedi
12-06-2005, 02:48 PM
Hexagram520, you were right! Sorry for the mix up there! I only opened up the right hand side! Sorry man.

Hexagram520
12-06-2005, 06:19 PM
it's cool :cool:

DarkArtist
12-07-2005, 09:30 AM
just picked these up last night, they're okay but i think they could have kitbashed a chancellor palpatine hostage figure and a Bail Organa head and it would have been more accurate to the film.

jaxx
12-07-2005, 11:43 AM
I've been to 4 different Wal*Marts now, and I haven't found these at all.
I assumed that these would be kind of like shelf warmers because of the repacks of OB1 and Bail.

Kidhuman
12-07-2005, 03:31 PM
WM probably has a ton of them i nthe warehouse but cant send them to the stores becauyse of the peg warming actions of the original ones.

bobafrett
12-07-2005, 10:44 PM
Our figures have been selling very briskly I must say. I am not disappointed at all at how fast they are moving off the pegs. Looks like mostly parents buying for the children for Christmas, so they don't know which figures are which except the main ones like Vader. We sold a ton of Vaders since Hacbro sent full cases of Vaders.

We had about a dozen+ of each (seperation of the twins) at out store, gone in a little over two days.

S3PO
12-26-2005, 03:29 PM
Are these still shipping? I only found 2 Bail's at one Wal-mart near where I work. All the others I have checked I guess sold out or never got them. The shelves have been pretty bare the least few weeks with mostly peg-warmers but now even the peg-warmers are gone.