PDA

View Full Version : Are you hunting for the Saga Collection figures yet?

JediTricks
11-29-2005, 01:47 PM
The word is on every collector's lips, the figures have started showing up in Asia, as well as e-tailers and collectors shows and such, the newest Star Wars figure line is nearly here.

The new line - dubbed The Saga Collection by Hasbro - features the return of Original Trilogy figures after a year and a half absence which was filled by OTC repaints and, of course, the ROTS line. The Saga Collection's first wave, centered around the battle over the pit of Carkoon from ROTJ, features several new figures as well as some revisists of older figures as well.

So with news of these figures getting closer and closer to US shores and stores, this latest poll asks collectors if they've already started looking for these new figures.

Slicker
11-29-2005, 02:06 PM
I'm gonna wait and hunt when I have confirmation. It seems that my area is about 3-4 weeks behind what California gets and about 1-2 weeks behind what the folks in northern Virginia find. I'm still on the lookout for the rest of the ROTS figs so these Saga ones can stay off the shelves for another month or two.

El Chuxter
11-29-2005, 02:27 PM
Define "hunting." I check the toy aisle regularly, partly for SW and partly for other toy lines. So I'm looking often, but I wouldn't say I'm actively hunting. Any chance of another choice, maybe "I'm keeping my eyes open but not actively hunting"?

bobafrett
11-29-2005, 03:11 PM
No, I'll wait to hunt until actual in-store sightings Seeing as I work at a retail store, I will take my chances that they will show up there. If not, oh well.

Tycho
11-29-2005, 03:53 PM
I'm not really going out at all these days. I followed a phone tip and got the Separation of the Twins and I'll stop by stores looking for (blue) 501 Clones - but that's maybe it.

I have no plans to buy the Carkoon Wave and am going to wait until Hoth:

Leia Boussh - don't need, but it does look nice
Han Carbonite - it's not the improvement I wanted - would require a Deluxe Figure
Chewie in Chains - puh-lease....
Boba Fett - repaint city here
Barada - already have enough. I bought probably 6 or 7 skiff guard 3-packs
Bib Fortuna - if I need laundry detergeant, and it's there, I might. I'm not "hunting" for him though.

Power Droid - Oh yeah!
General Veers - my favorite Imperial commander! Yes!
Major Derlin - looks good. I could've cared less, but I'll buy.
Snowtrooper - No. I have 6 carded 1997's waiting this long for Veers to command them.
Darth Vader - wasn't he in ROTS? No thanks.
R2-D2 - I saw him also in ROTS.
General Reekien - I campaigned for him, and bought him as a Deluxe
AT-AT Driver - if I really have nothing better to do with $10 I might. Probably not though.

4x Scorch (Republic Commando) great for EU scenes from Karen Traviss' books.
2x Sora Bulq - great Sith character developed in the EU Republic Comics
1 or 2 x Sun Fac??
C-3PO/Battle Droid, - no thanks
Poggle the Lesser - also bought several 3-packs from the war room sets. nope.
Jango Fett - NO!
5-6 x Orange Utapaun Clone Trooper - maybe like blue clones, I'll start digging these.
Yoda - NO!

trandoshan666
11-29-2005, 04:02 PM
I'm still hitting stores in search of the ROTS Tarkin, Separation of the Twins, and next week, the Clone Wars multipacks, so naturally, I've been keeping my eyes open for these. That said, I'm not specifically looking for these yet, and will wait until they start showing up at retail. But I definitely will buy them.

Ji'dai
11-29-2005, 04:10 PM
I'm not going to collect this line

I stopped collecting Hasbro product back in June so I'll be passing on this line.

Mandalorian Candidat
11-29-2005, 04:20 PM
I'll keep my eye out for it but I'm not going on any extra trips until they come out en masse.

Tycho
11-29-2005, 04:23 PM
I'm not going to collect this line

I stopped collecting Hasbro product back in June so I'll be passing on this line.

June? What did Hasbro do to "p you off?" That's when they released the Destroyer Droid, Wookiee Warrior, Niemoidian, and SA Clone #41 IIRC. At least the Clone was a good figure. But Meana Tillis, AskAak, and Tarkin came later, etc. as well as Bly and Gree (repaints I know - but still...)

ROTS was still fun to collect although the best day was April 2nd (sort of - I got a lot of them including Dooku from Wal-Mart's early release "mistake.")

mtriv73
11-29-2005, 04:27 PM
I'm still hunting for more 501st troopers so I am out there looking, but not specifically for these. I would definitely pick most of these up if I saw them, but I think it will be another couple of weeks (at least) until they start hitting stores. I'm definitely tempted to pre-order the geonosian wave since the ones I want are listed as being short-packed.

Ji'dai
11-29-2005, 04:42 PM
June? What did Hasbro do to "p you off?" That's when they released the Destroyer Droid, Wookiee Warrior, Niemoidian, and SA Clone #41 IIRC. At least the Clone was a good figure. But Meana Tillis, AskAak, and Tarkin came later, etc. as well as Bly and Gree (repaints I know - but still...)

ROTS was still fun to collect although the best day was April 2nd (sort of - I got a lot of them including Dooku from Wal-Mart's early release "mistake.") I did buy my fill of Wooks, Neimoidians, and #41 Clones in May - the week of the movie release actually - but by late May the figure selection pretty much dried up in my area. Hasbro's decision to raise prices earlier this year really affected my desire to collect the ROTS line at all, and I only bought army builders and passed on many of the other figures. News of more repacks, repaints and the flood of figure exclusives, which I despise, finally took their toll so I decided to quit collecting.

JediTricks
11-29-2005, 04:45 PM
Define "hunting." I check the toy aisle regularly, partly for SW and partly for other toy lines. So I'm looking often, but I wouldn't say I'm actively hunting. Any chance of another choice, maybe "I'm keeping my eyes open but not actively hunting"?I would think that'd be a "no" vote, you're not putting any direct effort into tracking the line down. I have heard of folks who are putting in extra effort, keeping more of a watchful eye open and even bugging employees every day, there's no question that they are hunting for the line. Casual "if it shows up, I'll see it" isn't really hunting IMO. Or am I off-base?

June? What did Hasbro do to "p you off?" That's when they released the Destroyer Droid, Wookiee Warrior, Niemoidian, and SA Clone #41 IIRC. At least the Clone was a good figure. But Meana Tillis, AskAak, and Tarkin came later, etc. as well as Bly and Gree (repaints I know - but still...)Check it out, he's not the only one who has given up on Hasbro, there are currently more people saying they're not collecting the line than actively hunting for it. I think the 41 case was the turning point, when a lot of stuff was out but not easy to find, and then that bad case assortment crushed hopes of later (and even earlier HTF) figs.

As for me, I'm not actively searching for this line, so I voted "no". I remember when the VOTC started hitting, I wasn't really looking for them at the time until I saw a sighting, then I got more serious about tracking 'em down, this is the same. Of course, the minute someone says they find them in the US... :p

Rogue II
11-29-2005, 05:19 PM
""No, I'll wait to hunt until actual in-store sightings"

Once there are reports of the new line showing in the U.S., I'll start to look for them. Besides, I hate going to retail stores during this time of year.

The new Saga line will bring me back to actively collecting. Since April, I only bought a few figures from the ROTS line, plus the 500 Vader and the Hoth Battle Pack. Movie years are tough for me, but I don't have to worry about that anymore. :)

plasticfetish
11-29-2005, 06:13 PM
Define "hunting." I check the toy aisle regularly, partly for SW and partly for other toy lines. So I'm looking often, but I wouldn't say I'm actively hunting.I'll wait 'til I start seeing them before I really get excited... but pretty much what Chux said goes for me also.

waboritas
11-29-2005, 08:32 PM
I voted no. I make regular trips to target and if there is something that catches my eye, I'll pick it up. I bought the Exclusive on Sunday. $12.99 is a rip-off but I didn't get any of the other exclusives and I, like everyone else is into Clones right now. I'd like to get the Bib Fortuna as for some reason that figure has eluded me over the past 8 years. I'm picky what I buy now. Other than Clone troopers, I'm really not into army building the ROTS line as there was very little emphasis on the wookies or utapan warriors in the film. If I found them on clearance I'd grab a bunch. I still can't believe I bought two of the new Nemodian Warriors, but in that scene I'm pretty sure there were two at the door that Darth took out first. At this point my wife is not thrilled about the Cherokee full of boxes I put into storage and I promised her that I am winding down my collection now that the movies are over. When the ROTS clearance sale comes and goes so will my collecting. The only good thing is she loves Target and as I did with the Exclusive fig on Sunday, if I see something I like I'll sneek it in the cart.

Tycho
11-29-2005, 08:33 PM
Hasbro's decision to raise prices earlier this year really affected my desire to collect the ROTS line at all, and I only bought army builders and passed on many of the other figures. News of more repacks, repaints and the flood of figure exclusives, which I despise, finally took their toll so I decided to quit collecting.

I didn't take the all-or-nothing approach. I was more "pick 'n choose."

That said, I really liked burnt Anakin, beeper-D2, and Bacara, Meena Tillis, Tarkin, AskAak, Bly, Gree, 501st, etc. I never bought the Destroyer Droid (#42 I think - I got A LOT OF non-firing DDs at Comic Con several years ago for like $3 ea. and like their sculpt better. So I saved them for when my Separatist Army had need.

Repaints like Passal Argente and "Cat Min" (Shu Mai) I passed on. Didn't need the "new" Wookiees either in spite of my large Kashyyyk scene - I bought discounted VOTC Chewies and used "Snoova" etc and changed accessories to "make" my own Wookiee Army.

I stayed away from exclusive Clones and Lava Reflection figures that Target over-priced etc.

But I've said it many times before: I'm NOT a collector. Dioramas are my hobby and if I don't need the characters (or need to replace my 1996 Leia Boussh's for example) - I'm not into it just to be buying something.

Overall, my participation in the hobby is over the peak. There's my list of 70 or so figures I really want made and would buy and I'll be around to eventually get them I think. But I won't be at the stores every morning.

We'll see what the TV series brings...

darthverbo
11-29-2005, 09:22 PM
I'm always hunting. I usually wait to hunt really hard until I hear from sirsteve or rebelscum that the toys have been sighted.

Kidhuman
11-30-2005, 12:43 AM
I am always looking for new stuff. If I see them, then I will get them, if not they will appear.

figrin bran
11-30-2005, 01:09 AM
i'm still looking for Separation of the Twins, CW animated 3 packs and the bly variant and so i guess by extension, i'm looking for saga as well.

2-1B
11-30-2005, 01:28 AM
not collecting this line.

jedi master sal
11-30-2005, 11:15 AM
No, I'll wait to hunt until actual in-store sightings

While I look for stuff a 2-3 times a week, I'm not specifically looking for the new Saga stuff. I'm still trying to get the last few ROTS figs (Holo Plo, Holo Aayla and the Blue Clones).

If I see something new, I'll get it, but I'm not actively searching for it.
I suppose when reports start coming in (if I haven't already found it), then I'll start to actively look for the new line.

-Sal

Scackmgack
12-01-2005, 07:33 AM
Are you kidding me??? ROLFMFAO!!!!!

I still haven't seen 501st troopers, have only seen the Holo figures once, hardly saw some of the other waves...in my area I am lucky nowadays if I ever get the hot figures, it seems.

I might see some Saga figures in like June if any are left over...LOL!

This rings in as "most ridiculous poll ever."

JediTricks
12-01-2005, 12:55 PM
Perhaps, but there are definitely some collectors out there actively looking for these already. And why not? Stranger things have happened, by showing up in Asia and at select e-tailers, not to mention confirmed sightings from dealers at collectors shows, that says they ARE on the boat and possibly arriving any minute at the big retailers' distribution warehouses.

Tonywankenobi
12-02-2005, 11:38 PM
I havent been looking. If I do come across them then I will buy them. It will be my favorite line just like the Otc line was my all time favorite. I like the cards and the scenes they put them in. Makes the figure look good and the scenes as backdrops for the figure just awsome. I have all of the Rots line and man did it take some work. Everyone for months now has said they have not seen the tarkin wave? I got one and that was it, I have never seen it since. Is there a reason for it? other friends of mine are still having trouble locating them. Any suggestions besides the Scammers on ebay?

Fluke Skywalker
12-05-2005, 07:32 AM
Yes & No (Voted yes though)

I'm all finished with ROTS, so I'm not out 3-4 days a week like before, but I do look (Out of habit and for a little army building) while I'm out Christmas shopping so I guess I'm hunting by default.

Figures seem to hit on the West coast first, then move Eastward, so I won't increase my hunting until after sightings begin to trickle in. I don't expect to see them around here until late Dec at the earliest.

jjreason
12-06-2005, 06:16 PM
The first wave has shown up in eastern Canada (Ontario first, then the east coast actually), so yes I've been out looking specifically for the Saga2 figures - no success yet though.

We're in a bit of a different situation here though, Hasbro Canada flat out told us we wouldn't be getting the last 12 ROTS figures - so no one has been spending any gas money looking for those. We've been "done" up here for 2005 stuff since early October (when 54-56 began to hit), so it was exciting for us to find out we were getting some new stuff before Xmas.

starwarsfan1
12-12-2005, 08:56 PM
I already go the Battle of Carkoon wave and its awesome. I am also recieving the Hoth wave tomorrow. I have a friend that gets these from asia and charges me about $10 a figure. Not a bad deal in my opinion. I couldnt be happier with this line. :D:D:D:D

Slicker
12-13-2005, 03:49 PM
[quote=starwarsfan1 Not a bad deal in my opinion. I couldnt be happier with this line. :D:D:D:D[/quote]Not a bad deal would be finding them in the store. You just paid a little extra to have them first.:p

starwarsfan1
12-13-2005, 08:39 PM
Whatever. Now I wont have to waste gas money toy hunting. So in a way I saved money.:p