PDA

View Full Version : Where should I pre-order SW figures?:)

MASTER_JEDI
11-30-2005, 11:49 PM
Hey gang! Been a while since I posted here. But now, I'm FINALLY getting back in to figures this year(had to stop collecting for college reasons). And I see my stores STILL don't get in new waves. Soooooooooo, mesa tink preordering online is my best bet.

I've found a few places online, but I just need you guys to tell me if they are worth the time and money. KEBCO, I've heard really bad things about(slow shippers), so that's out of the picture for me...so, what about ENTERTAINMENTEARTH.COM? How are they on shipping(speed I mean), and over all?...

Also, I've found actionfigureexpress, and heard they are pretty good, but I need a big OK on that. The last one, is a bigbadtoystore, or something like that......so can you guys tell me which one I should go with? Right now, I'm thinking EE.COM, but I REALLY need to know ya or nay.

Sooo, I really hope you all can lead me down the right path...(thinking about doing my "help me Obi-Wan Kenobi" speach..."..... Anywho, thanks in advance!

Blue2th
12-01-2005, 12:32 AM
DON'T order anything from Kebco! They're not only slow shippers but no shippers. They still have my money from last year, and no figures still. I think there is a thread here somewhere about the horror stories (funny how they still have an eBay site) They are a total rip off. Hope they go out of business if they haven't already. Entertainment Earth on the other hand is the best site I've run accross. They double box cases of figures. Guaranteed mint. Though if you don't order soon enough they sell out quick. I have had a few pre-orders cancelled, but that is because Hasbro cuts production on the last assortments sometimes. At least EE doesn't keep the money. Their prices are reasonable too :yes:

Slicker
12-01-2005, 06:40 AM
Try going here. http://omgcnfo.com/

They usually have quite reasonable prices and I've heard that shipping is quite good.:thumbsup:

Captain Spoon
12-01-2005, 11:56 AM
I also would recomend omgcnfo.com or bigbadtoystore.com. both have decent prices, and everything they have ever shipped to me came as crisp as a new dollar bill

bobafett07728
12-01-2005, 03:22 PM
I've always gone with entertainmentearth. . . they have always come through with great product and service.

MASTER_JEDI
12-01-2005, 05:08 PM
Cool, I really like the looks of omgcnfo.com from what I just seen. Thanks guys:)...

bobafett07728-Thanks for the info on EE. I knew I liked thier site, so it's good to know they come threw also:).....Think I might order that bounty hunter boxset from them.

JEDIpartner
12-01-2005, 07:07 PM
The only problem is that Entertainment Earth generally doesn't let you buy individual figures. You have to buy cases. If that's not what you are into... especially now that there are going to be so many reissues, then OMGToys and BBTS.com are great!

Blue2th
12-03-2005, 10:14 AM
I have bought figures from both of those places. They are good if you want single or a couple figures at a time. The problem with that is the price per figure. Let's say one figure is 10.00 (that would be low for most of these sites) multiply that times 12 (that's what comes in a case) That would be $120.00. That's why I buy them in cases at 79.00 at EE. Of course that all depends on the assortments too. Most people don't want 3 or 4 of a single figure. I try to wait for a wave that has close to 12 different figures like ROTS collection 1 Wave 7 (it sold out real quick)The last time I had to buy a single figure that I couldn't find was the red Arc Trooper from Brians Toys.com at 20.00 plus shipping. He's gone way up since then.

Kidhuman
12-03-2005, 10:31 AM
I have used both omgcnfo.com and EE. I like EE because if you pre order they dont charge you until it ships, and if it doesnt ship, no charge then. omg.com was great and I had my product in two days and I am 3000 miles fromthem, and it all arrived mint form bothplaces.

Turbowars
12-04-2005, 11:57 AM
The way Hasbro is putting the cases together for the new Saga waves, I think buying full cases from EE is the way to go. If you live close to them like many members here in LA CA it's even cheaper. Now that's if EE gets the figures 1st. That didn't happen for the ROTS figures. I found all of them at retail. Maybe now that the retailers wont be buying so many cases, EE will be the way to go, but man it sure doesn't beat walking in to a Target and finding a new wave on the pegs. Especially when you are alone with no competition.:thumbsup: Nothings worse when you get there with a few other collectors or scalpers and there's only one case on the pegs and you only get a few figures from the wave and you have to go back in hopes to fill in the gaps.

Devo
12-04-2005, 03:44 PM
Welcome back to the addiction. What have you missed?

I use r2dtoys.com in London. Expensive even for me just living across the stream in Ireland but they have - and tend to get - everything that I could possibly want. I've been too fickle with them in the past on the 2 out of 7 or 8 large orders I've placed with them that took longer than I typically expect from them. And they have made mistakes on about 2 orders for example sending me one of a particular item when I ordered 3 or apparently forgetting a figure altogether. But fair enough they did rectify these mistakes once I made them aware by phone. Also I recently was pleasantly surprised when I received part of an order that I made in August that had ran out of stock at the time. I had given up on it. Its was Anakin's Episode II swoop bike by the way. Meanwhile the last order I placed went swimmingly. It arrived quickly, everything was present and in great condition - they have a 'comments/special requests' part of their order forms where you can draw their attention to anything you think they might possibly make a mistake on.

MASTER_JEDI
12-04-2005, 03:50 PM
Devo-I missed all the prequal stuff, even from E1, so ALOT LOL:). Also missing some of the big stuff from the 90's..

So, now I'm trying to get the BIG things from episode 1 first, like the queen's ship, and the Fumba(sp?)..

Devo
12-04-2005, 04:05 PM
Wow. Don't you find that horribly daunting? The prequel era hasn't exclusively been about prequel toys theres been tonnes of OT stuff aswell. Thats a heck of a lot of catching up to do. What sort of collector are/were you? I hope for your sake you're not a completist and/or someone who needs both MOC figures and openers because your wallet will be in for supreme punishment. The worst possible combo would be if you are a completist, an MOC and opener AND an army builder - you'd need to be a very wealthy individual to sustain that.

Turbowars
12-04-2005, 04:28 PM
Dude, if was in your boat I'd get out now. Really I would. I have everything from 95 to now and I don't even want to think about the $. If I where you. I'd collect what you like and then get into vintage. If I lost my collection some how, like a fire or something, I wouldn't try to get it back. I'd collect vintage and new OT figures.

MASTER_JEDI
12-05-2005, 07:24 PM
I ONLY collect loose, but I am a army builder. Sounds funny, but I really don't like the E2 clone helmets, so I'm getting all my clones from wallyworld right now, so all my clones for 2 and 3 are taken care of.

Another thing that you guys may find odd is, I like alot of the 90's figures better then the new versions...like Bespin Luke. I like the 90's version, but the new saga one bugs me. So, there is ALOT of E1 figures on I need, but now all of them:).

I may start buying from sellers here on sirsteves also, if you guys reccomend that?....Anyway, thanks for all the help, you guys are GREAT!:thumbsup:

Kidhuman
12-06-2005, 12:23 AM
Check peoples sig lines and the trade section. Also check the auctions for em as well.

ROTJLuke
12-24-2005, 12:05 PM
Just ordered the first three waves of TSC from EE. :)

RussUAE
12-28-2005, 03:35 AM
I love R2DToys.com too. They're very helpful and seem to get everything you could ever want in stock.

For a US store, BriansToys.com seems to be the best - not as cheap as many, but also very very helpful and speedy with their shipping.

A word of advice though, I'd avoid billstoysandgames.com though, they take the money, make you pay for tracked shipping and then you never hear from them again. No package arriving, AND no tracking number, and this is after nearly 8 months. E-mails unanswered and no phone number. Downright crooks...

ROTJLuke
12-28-2005, 03:04 PM
I love R2DToys.com too. They're very helpful and seem to get everything you could ever want in stock.

For a US store, BriansToys.com seems to be the best - not as cheap as many, but also very very helpful and speedy with their shipping.

A word of advice though, I'd avoid billstoysandgames.com though, they take the money, make you pay for tracked shipping and then you never hear from them again. No package arriving, AND no tracking number, and this is after nearly 8 months. E-mails unanswered and no phone number. Downright crooks...

I love EE.com, there great and prices aren't super high, rather reasonable.:thumbsup:

I dealt with Brian's direclty for everything for about 2-3 years. They raised prices up big time even before ROTS hit, and they haven't dropped, so I stopped doing business with them. :upset:

OMGToys.com is great too for individual figures. Extremly reasonable prices, esp. on the original Saga stuff! :yes:

Turbowars
12-28-2005, 07:24 PM
I can't believe any of you guys buy from Brian's Toys. :cross-eye

sith_killer_99
12-28-2005, 08:03 PM
I can't believe any of you guys buy from Brian's Toys.

I have bought exactly 2 items from Brian's.

1. Imperial Shuttle on sale.

2. Celebration II Jorg Sacal figure. I bought him from their booth at Celebration III for like $25.:D

BTW, I have dealt with actionfigurexpress several times and have been very happy with their service.