PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday JJL!

Slicker
12-01-2005, 07:16 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

You're only 16 so no drinking. Go to Chuck E. Cheese or something.

CaptainSolo1138
12-01-2005, 09:29 PM
Best of it to ya, laddie! :thumbsup:

*SNIFF*My little boy is growin' up so fast*SNIFF*

InsaneJediGirl
12-01-2005, 11:24 PM
Happy Birthday JJL.

Sweet Sixteen....awww :D

JetsAndHeels
12-01-2005, 11:26 PM
Happy Birthday bro.
Remember, brake is on the left, gas is on the right. :yes:

JimJamBonds
12-02-2005, 12:01 AM
Happy bday!

Ji'dai
12-02-2005, 12:21 AM
'Appy Bir'day, Harry! Oh, wait...

Just remember the restriction on underage wizardry still applies to you.

Don't stay out too late cruising for Muggle chicks!

Ah, I remember when I turned sixteen and got my license... No more sittin' in the dirt at the drive-in for me, no sir.

Kidhuman
12-02-2005, 02:33 AM
YOu can shave now. HAppy b-day. Did you ge tthe SW shaving set?

bobafrett
12-03-2005, 12:59 AM
A happy belated 16th Birthday to you JJL! Young punk............J/K, just an angry old man here wishing he was young again.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-03-2005, 02:06 PM
Thanks a ton!!!! I didn't even notice this thread until now.

I don't get my license until February since I didn't get the permit until Feb of this year. But, oh well.

Slicker
12-03-2005, 03:47 PM
I don't get my license until February since I didn't get the permit until Feb of this year. But, oh well.Drivings overrated anyways, JJL. What you need is a man servant to drive you around.

CaptainSolo1138
12-03-2005, 04:04 PM
Drivings overrated anyways, JJL. What you need is a man servant to drive you around.
Which is the reason Rocketboy and I keep Slicker around.

Ready for another trip to Canada?:p

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-03-2005, 08:50 PM
I know you're all waiting with bated breath to hear what all I got:
*Battlefront II for Xbox (this game rules!!!)
*TIE Fighter with Larger Wings
*Holographic Emperor
*Holographic Plo Koon
*Holographic Aayla Secura
*Spider Droid
*Infant Luke Skywalker
*Infant Leia Organa
*The New Essential Chronology
*Franz Ferdinand - Do You Want To (which also rules)
*Pink Floyd - Piper at the Gates of Dawn (er, not so much . . . stick with their mid-'70s stuff, I say)

So now all the stuff I didn't get goes on the Christmas list. :thumbsup:

Kidhuman
12-03-2005, 10:13 PM
That Floyd album is one of their best. I love it. Give it time and some whacky tobaccy and you'll love it. I know I did.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-04-2005, 02:30 PM
That Floyd album is one of their best. I love it. Give it time and some whacky tobaccy and you'll love it. I know I did.
It's an okay album in it's own right but it just doesn't even compare to Dark Side of the Moon or Wish You Were Here . . . half the time, I thought I was listening to the Batman series theme song. :D The music is so completely different than their other stuff. It'll probably grow on me eventually, though.

They should've known that Syd Barrett would've gotten messed up on LSD; just listen to his music! :p

Kidhuman
12-05-2005, 02:03 AM
Syd Barret would show up to practice with no guitar strings and jam out. They knew he was off the deep end.

Comparing it to Waters Floyd is like comparing apples and oranges. Out of all the Floyd's, Barret is the worst, but still damn good.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-05-2005, 06:48 PM
Syd Barret would show up to practice with no guitar strings and jam out. They knew he was off the deep end.

Comparing it to Waters Floyd is like comparing apples and oranges. Out of all the Floyd's, Barret is the worst, but still damn good.
True, true. It was just a shock, since I knew the CD would be different, but I didn't know it'd be that different.

Saucerful of Secrets has both Barret and Gilmour, right? Then Gilmour took over on the next one after that and Barret was out of the picture?

Kidhuman
12-06-2005, 12:22 AM
Gilmour was there from the jump. Waters came in and took over for Barrett I do believe.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-06-2005, 05:51 PM
Flip Waters and Gilmour and you're golden. :thumbsup:

I think it goes (compilations notwithstanding):

The Piper at the Gates of Dawn - Syd Barrett, Roger Waters, Nick Mason, Rick Wright
A Saucerful of Secrets - Syd Barrett, Roger Waters, Nick Mason, Rick Wright, DavidGilmour
More through The Final Cut - Roger Waters, Nick Mason, Rick Wright, David Gilmour
A Momentary Lapse of Reason through The Division Bell - David Gilmour, Nick Mason, Rick Wright

And then ol' Roggy joined back in 2005, but apparently they aren't doing anything more.