PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of the Hoth wave.

Droid
12-02-2005, 03:44 PM
Not to have billing for another site, but rebelscum has posted carded and loose pictures of the Hoth wave. I will totally buy Veers, Derlin, R2, AT-AT Driver, and the power droid (which comes with a pack-in treadwell droid as seen on top of the Falcon no less).

I think everyone will be REALLY excited about the Veers. He is a neutral pose, wearing his Imperial outfit (and hat), then comes with snap-on armor and a helmet. It is EXACTLY what Hasbro should have done. (Did I just actually type that sentence?)

I really, really hope that Jerjerrod, Hem Dazon, Chief Chirpa, R5-D4, and Cody are confirmed soon and are done with the same level of quality as Veers.

LTBasker
12-02-2005, 04:59 PM
Actually they aren't loose pictures, they're just the promo pictures we've been looking at for awhile.

Veers looks pretty nice, I'll definitely be buying him. Looks like the AT-AT Commander helmet fits over his hat.

Derlin looks pretty good, though his head looks real small.

The AT-AT Driver I'm very impressed with, will definitely be buying that.

R2 is a huge disappointment as I was really looking forward to the R4 body being used. However, it appears that it's the VOTC R2 (you can see the outline of the removeable panel) with the field equipment from the TRU Dagobah X-Wing. I'm sure alot of people will be displeased with paying $10 for this last year and now it's half the price with more accessories. Not to mention the chrome dome is annoying and the R4 mold is far superior.

The Snowtrooper looks good, I'll be buying a few of him. His background is especially nice.

Riekan is...just as disappointing as last time, and the blaster they included with him is the tiny ease-to-lose blaster that came with the POTJ Rebel Trooper, not the larger one that came with the Yavin IV figures.

Vader seems a bit different than the ROTS/VOTC/Evolution sculpts, but that's possibly just me. I think I'm mostly being thrown off by the horribly proportioned background.

The Power Droid I'm glad has his hat as removeable and comes with a bonus droid, but it looks like they kept the walking mechanism (even though it was pointless the first time?) and we'll have trouble with his legs. Looks like he also comes with an alternate "hat." Sure is accessorized for a power droid.

Overall, I'm waiting to be wowed by the production outcome of this line.

Slicker
12-02-2005, 05:03 PM
Wow!! I'm am totally in love with the cards for these. They look just as good as the OTC ones. This is the kind of thing that keeps me going is when I turn the corner in a store and see a nice looking figure chillin' on the shelves.

I love the way all of these look on the card and how the card kinda interacts with the figure (the most notable being the R2) and how bright they are.

I too noticed that we get not one, not two, but actually THREE different droids that you can make (the power droids stalks come off to make a regular gonk droid) for the price of one. Can't go wrong with that.:thumbsup:

Turbowars
12-02-2005, 07:07 PM
Awesome wave I must say. The only screw up is the R2. I can't believe they used the VOTC mold again! I love the rest of them though! The cards are a huge selling point for me, so hats off to you hasbro, but you still suck.:thumbsup:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-02-2005, 07:14 PM
I really like the look of this wave. The paint aps look great! I think I may get R2 even though it's the VOTC one. Vader is the 500th figure repacked, which is why he doesn't look like the ones you mentioned. All the extra accessories with the Power Droid are great (even if the service droid is just a rehash . . . it's a good rehash).

This line is killer! :eek:

DarthBrandon
12-02-2005, 07:25 PM
Nice Pics, Can't wait for Veers, Derlin, Power Droid, At-At Driver, & Snowtrooper. The rest will be decided upon after seeing them in person, just like the first wave. (1,2,3) were the only ones from that wave I picked up the re-hashes can sit for all I care.

Blue2th
12-02-2005, 07:58 PM
Not to have billing for another site, but rebelscum has posted carded and loose pictures of the Hoth wave. I will totally buy Veers, Derlin, R2, AT-AT Driver, and the power droid (which comes with a pack-in treadwell droid as seen on top of the Falcon no less).

I think everyone will be REALLY excited about the Veers. He is a neutral pose, wearing his Imperial outfit (and hat), then comes with snap-on armor and a helmet. It is EXACTLY what Hasbro should have done. (Did I just actually type that sentence?)

I really, really hope that Jerjerrod, Hem Dazon, Chief Chirpa, R5-D4, and Cody are confirmed soon and are done with the same level of quality as Veers.
You are right about Veers Droid. I have been waiting for this figure it seems all my collecting life. My favorite Star Wars character of all time (Sorry AT-AT Commander is NOT Veers!!!!!) The only thing more perfect about this package is getting him with a Holo Vader (the only time we see Vader in Holo) I will be looking for such a one. Veers will be displayed loose with Holo Vader too. Veers, Veers, Veers, I love you General Veers. The perfect soldier of the Empire. You didn't get choked by Vader because you kicked ***! Even making excuses for Admiral Ozzel imbacile. You should have been made a long time ago. But not too long ago or we wouldn't be getting such an excellent figure. And what better sidekick then an excellent sculpt of an AT-AT Driver. From the looks of both of these figures the former POTF2's pale in comparison.:yes:

AmanaMatt
12-03-2005, 01:00 AM
I am very happy with Veers and the At-At Driver - love the wave, but these are the standouts for me....the facial likenes on Veers seems much more accurate in the carded pic than the loose proto previously shown.....can't wait!

plasticfetish
12-03-2005, 05:41 AM
It's great seeing the carded pics -- those photos of loose prototype figures that we're shown are misleading. In most cases we never really know what we're getting until we see them in stores.

Veers looks super. it's a little weird that the helmet fits over his hat, but I'm happy that we have a choice. The removable armor is another great choice. Nice to see that he comes with a holster also.

Bren Derlin looks good, not as good as the loose prototype, but still good. A nice neutral figure with decent detail.

The new AT-AT driver is about a million times nicer than the old POTF2 driver (well OK, not a million) and I can see this one selling really well. Nice articulation -- the knees bend, etc. -- good stuff!

R2-D2 is what it is. It's nice, but I don't need another. I wish that they'd recarded K-3PO instead.

The Snowtrooper is a cool "fixed" version of the lame Saga Snowtrooper. Would have been waaaay better to have a version with some knee/elbow articulation, but this will do for now.

I thought the Rieekan figure was really decent, and I can see wanting him on a basic card. That blaster is weirdly small though.

Vader... hmmm. Well, the kids love Vader.

The Power Droid I'm glad has his hat as removeable and comes with a bonus droid, but it looks like they kept the walking mechanism (even though it was pointless the first time?) and we'll have trouble with his legs.I was really looking forward to this one, and it's great to see that it comes with a Treadwell droid, but I'm going to be extremely unhappy if the button gimmick works just like the POTF2 Gonk. Not being able to stand up is a huge problem -- suppose we'll have to wait and see.

Kidhuman
12-03-2005, 09:11 AM
This is a great wave and shows the potential Hasbro has to make good stuff. I just hope they continue with waves like this and keep going foward with the stuff we have been requesting for the last 5 years or so.

Old Fossil
12-03-2005, 03:37 PM
. Veers, Veers, Veers, I love you General Veers. The perfect soldier of the Empire. You didn't get choked by Vader because you kicked ***!

...only to age 70 years in 30 seconds while working for the Nazis in the Middle East some years later.lol

I love this whole wave of figures. Crap! More money to spend, and even less space to put the stuff in, esp. after ROTS.

Devo
12-03-2005, 05:08 PM
I don't think I've ever seen a more beautifully presented wave of Star Wars figures. I'm buying all of these, even the rehashes, on account of those cardbacks. The figures themselves, yes even the rehashes, look fantastic.

4 Veers (was going to get 3 but 4 is an even number)
2 AT-AT drivers
2 Power droids
2 Major Derlin
1 R2-D2 (chrome dome doesn't really detract from this otherwise great R2)
1 Vader
1 Rieekan

Blue2th
12-03-2005, 05:54 PM
I don't think I've ever seen a more beautifully presented wave of Star Wars figures. I'm buying all of these, even the rehashes, on account of those cardbacks. The figures themselves, yes even the rehashes, look fantastic.

4 Veers (was going to get 3 but 4 is an even number)
2 AT-AT drivers
2 Power droids
2 Major Derlin
1 R2-D2 (chrome dome doesn't really detract from this otherwise great R2)
1 Vader
1 Rieekan
I agree with you Devo. These are the best cards. Though I don't know how the ROTS scotch tape on the back will work out. Still got my OTC collection on the wall because they look so cool. Hasbro figured most of us really liked OTC style cardbacks with scenes on them. I went ahead and ordered a case of each coming wave at EE, because I'm afraid these things are gonna be too hot and it will be hard to find the high demand figures. Plus after the fever of trying to find every ROTS figure and variations has worn me out. Not to mention all the gas money spent on my quest (I still haven't found Gree with dark visor or Separation of twins) I'm sure I will still have to go hunting to find extras for my loose collection. At least I don't care about the condition of those cards. It might be easier to find a few scruffy ones the kids have mangled as long as the Holos are still in them.

DarthQuack
12-03-2005, 06:30 PM
I've gotta hand it to Hasbro...these figures look pretty damn good. I'm looking foward to them.

Tycho
12-03-2005, 08:10 PM
I was really impressed by the cards and of course by Veers.

General Veers!

Derlin looks great on his card too.

It will be interesting to see more prequel characters packaged this way (there were already a few at the end of the OTC collection in 2005, Queen Theed Celebration, etc.)

I'm buying less than half of these, but it is not to say I'm not impressed.

Nice job, Hasbro!

Sentinel18725
12-03-2005, 10:02 PM
Overall, I would say that I am a fan of this wave. Was hoping for a new sculpt of the Snowtrooper and more new characters but it looks pretty cool! I was excited when the photos of the Major came out! This is good. However, can anyone explain the function of the baggy leg straps around the ATAT Drivers legs? They remind me of the fashion fad of wearing suspenders down during the early 80's.

Tycho
12-04-2005, 02:00 AM
ESB was made during the early 80's.

They just didn't let the Imperials wear Lucas' plaid flannels.

Devo
12-04-2005, 09:59 AM
I agree with you Devo. These are the best cards. Though I don't know how the ROTS scotch tape on the back will work out. Still got my OTC collection on the wall because they look so cool. Hasbro figured most of us really liked OTC style cardbacks with scenes on them. I went ahead and ordered a case of each coming wave at EE, because I'm afraid these things are gonna be too hot and it will be hard to find the high demand figures. Plus after the fever of trying to find every ROTS figure and variations has worn me out. Not to mention all the gas money spent on my quest (I still haven't found Gree with dark visor or Separation of twins) I'm sure I will still have to go hunting to find extras for my loose collection. At least I don't care about the condition of those cards. It might be easier to find a few scruffy ones the kids have mangled as long as the Holos are still in them.

I'll be opening all mine, my MOC days are irretrievable at this point. However the boxes will be kept and salvaged to the best of my ability. My room is in disarray at the moment because the plan was to have new deep shelves built for all my toys - a plan which has been postponed till after christmas. But all my lovely OTC boxes are presently in the attic - I can't wait to get them back on my walls. I'm fearful for their safety up there although they are neatly boxed up. Yeah its a shame about the celotape but the cards....they bring tears to my eyes they're so beautiful.

Fluke Skywalker
12-04-2005, 10:37 AM
Yep, this wave is sharp. Hasbro nailed this one. Even the re-packs are good.

Turbowars
12-04-2005, 10:41 AM
One thing for sure this wave wont be known for it's articulation, but I think Hasbro used better resources on the sculpts. The way to case assortment is on this wave and how I have been collecting these days (2 each of the new figures and 1 each of the rehash) a full case is almost perfect for me. I say almost because there's only has 1 Power Droid:( and I need 2.

samskull
12-06-2005, 01:52 PM
Overall, I would say that I am a fan of this wave. Was hoping for a new sculpt of the Snowtrooper and more new characters but it looks pretty cool! I was excited when the photos of the Major came out! This is good. However, can anyone explain the function of the baggy leg straps around the ATAT Drivers legs? They remind me of the fashion fad of wearing suspenders down during the early 80's.

"Every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man!"

DarkArtist
12-15-2005, 12:03 PM
Was just on ebay. Someone was selling the Veers figure claiming that it was in hand. Opening bid was $29.99 or best offer. I offered $16 with shipping and was declined but someone offered $23.50 and won ???? I'll wait for the figure to hit shelves, sure in the beginning it will be hard to find but hopefully one day I will pick him up. My only question is I thought these figures weren't out until Jan or Feb of '06. How did this guy get the whole wave ?? I checked the other he was selling and again each one was either 29.99 or best offer.

i know Alliance Collectibles has the Carkoon wave in stock and are taking preorders for late december delivery of the Hoth wave, but still it's strange to find one guy selling the Hoth wave so early.

plasticfetish
12-15-2005, 05:29 PM
...but still it's strange to find one guy selling the Hoth wave so early.Where's the seller located?

Slicker
12-15-2005, 05:43 PM
Where's the seller located?I just did a quick search on Ebay for "Star Wars Saga 2" and came up with a seller out of Walnut, CA.

plasticfetish
12-15-2005, 07:24 PM
Hmmm, now that's weird. I could understand Hong Kong or something... maybe the guy has a connection overseas.

Slicker
12-16-2005, 12:45 PM
Who knows? Maybe he doesn't even have them in hand yet and is hoping that he finds them soon enough to get them out in a some what timely manner as not to arouse any suspicion.

DarkArtist
12-16-2005, 12:52 PM
If I'm not mistaken I think the seller was out of Minnesota. Still the prices are crazy for anywhere, regardless if the figure is going to be shortpacked at first. I mean look at Tarkin, orginally going for $29.99, and now you can find him warming pegs with the neimidan and his friends.

I all for collecting and saving to sell at a later date but not for major scalping so early

pug205
12-26-2005, 08:07 PM
I love this wave, by far the best of 2006 so far. AT AT driver and Veers are a must. Am getting Derlin too as he can also go in my CHEERS diorama (anyone know where i can get a Ted Danson action figure?)

Darth Cruel
01-12-2006, 04:11 PM
I stumbled upon this wave at Wal-Mart today. And I...put them on lay-away as I truly did come across them without expecting to so I only had a total of 20.00 with me. But it was nice to get the entire wave in one shot and the last two of the Carkoon wave as well. Bring on the Geonosis wave! I army-building with those Utapau Troopers!

Tycho
01-12-2006, 06:15 PM
Uh-oh. I better start hunting since you're also SoCal, Darth Cruel. Fortunately I only want 2 Veers, 2 Gonks, 1 Derlin, so I should be able to get them all with one lucky trip. How many unlucky trips it will take, I don't know. But here I go again...

I know what you mean about the Geonosis Wave (I want 5 Utopau Clones).

The worst for me will be Tatooine wave as I want 8 Hem Dazons for filler aliens around population centers in my dioramas (Coruscant, Mos Eisley, etc)

I won't be buying too much this year, but the little bit I'm after will be exciting.

Kidhuman
01-13-2006, 12:42 AM
Me found it, me found it.

Darth Cruel
01-13-2006, 05:36 AM
Uh-oh. I better start hunting since you're also SoCal, Darth Cruel. Fortunately I only want 2 Veers, 2 Gonks, 1 Derlin, so I should be able to get them all with one lucky trip. How many unlucky trips it will take, I don't know. But here I go again...

I know what you mean about the Geonosis Wave (I want 5 Utopau Clones).

The worst for me will be Tatooine wave as I want 8 Hem Dazons for filler aliens around population centers in my dioramas (Coruscant, Mos Eisley, etc)

I won't be buying too much this year, but the little bit I'm after will be exciting.

The Veers' and Derlins seem to be a little more available. The gonks were down to one when I got it on my lunch hour. I am not sure which bubble version I got on the Vader...I hope it is the first version. Vaders tend to warm the pegs moderately (they do sell out eventually) so I won't have any problem getting the later version. I will have to check the variations section to see the difference.

UKWildcat
01-13-2006, 10:01 AM
Has anyone else noticed that Veers' facial sculp looks identical to that of Quentin Tarantino? The resemblance is uncanny.

zachatack
01-13-2006, 10:26 AM
Has anyone else noticed that Veers' facial sculp looks identical to that of Quentin Tarantino? The resemblance is uncanny.

That is exactly what I thought when I picked up that figure yesterday. :yes:

Tycho
01-13-2006, 01:40 PM
Quentin Tarantino played Veers? In which SE was that? :D

DarthQuack
01-13-2006, 02:20 PM
I saw half of this wave today at Target, but for 6.99 a pop I had to pass and just wait for Wal-Mart to get them. From what I saw of them, they look great though, I liked Veers alot along with the Snowtrooper. The backgrounds are really selling me on all these Saga figures though, since I'm not an opener they look great when displayed.

Slicker
01-13-2006, 03:40 PM
Yeah, I'd definitely wait DQ. I bought a couple of figures at WM and was surprised that they rang up at $5.88. I had thought that all stores were selling them for $6.99.

Kidhuman
01-13-2006, 03:49 PM
WM will always be cheaper.

Tycho
01-13-2006, 07:47 PM
I got the Hoth Wave today too.

AmanaMatt
01-13-2006, 09:10 PM
These figs sure look snazzy carded - I absolutely love the new At-At Driver figure.

DarthQuack
01-14-2006, 01:52 PM
Having said that I liked how the Snowtrooper looked, it seems as if clones are the only army builders people go after, but doesn't anyone have a huge Hoth diorama with tons of these guys? lol They deserve some respect for having to deal with the balls cold temperatures!

Tycho
01-14-2006, 02:08 PM
but doesn't anyone have a huge Hoth diorama with tons of these guys? lol They deserve some respect for having to deal with the balls cold temperatures!

You had to ask? But I got my Snowtroopers in '97, put them in my Hoth diorama, and that was it really. The AT-AT, vintage AT-ST, and hanging Snowspeeders, vintage Turret & Probot playset, and "Imperial Attack Base" (actually the Rebel Trench) made it interesting to look at - plus the colors were nice and different for your typical SW diorama (white instead of red, tan, or green).

Anyway, it was taken down when I was hospitalized and moved out. I have pictures up on this site however. Don't feel like finding them at the moment. But Hoth is a very easy diorama to set up and it's fun to shoot your AT-AT's missles and collapse the "ice bridge" on your Rebel figures.

Darth Cruel
01-14-2006, 03:21 PM
The only reason I don't have a Hoth diorama is that I am waiting until the super articulated ones come out in the VOTC line. I have a couple of Speeder Bikes waiting for the SA Scouts to come out later this year (Iknow I am assuming a lot).

Sentinel18725
01-15-2006, 08:19 AM
I have always been a fan of the Hoth battle. I thought it was incredible to see a typical battle fought under extreme conditions. You never hear of anyone pushing to over take a base in the snow and ice. Just doesn't have much tactical advantage. However, this was excellent. So, with each production of a new figure that fits into this battle, I am happy.

I picked up these figures today (except the imperials from this wave, but I did find Veers!!!!!). Looks very, very good. Keep up the good work. More people that are found in the arctic gear, the better.

If I were ever to do a custome for the 501st, it would be a Snowtrooper. However, they just don't seem to be out there. I saw two people wearing them at CIII but that is the only time that I have seen them ever.

Jayspawn
01-17-2006, 05:47 PM
I picked up General Veers today, he's an awesome figure! The removable armor is a major +!

ecl
01-17-2006, 06:42 PM
that's really cool!