PDA

View Full Version : DVD version of 1997 special editions

blowba
12-03-2005, 11:59 PM
Does anyone know where I could get a DVD version of the 1997 special editions ported from a laser disc?

Ji'dai
12-04-2005, 02:24 AM
eBay would be your best bet. Though it's been awhile since I looked, I have seen DVD bootlegs of the Special Editions up for auction.

I believe the Special Editions (and Episode I) were only released on LaserDisc in Japan so many SE DVD boots I've seen are transfers from that media.

Of course, they'll have Japanese or Chinese subtitles in the bottom black "letterbox" bar, which sometimes interferes with the ability to read the English subtitles of alien languages.

Slicker
12-04-2005, 04:13 AM
I know Rocketboy from the boards bought a set of the pre-SE OT DVD's off ebay for a very reasonable price.

wedge1968
12-04-2005, 09:24 AM
Got mine off ebay for a good price, and it is a good set.

Rocketboy
12-04-2005, 11:21 AM
I know Rocketboy from the boards bought a set of the pre-SE OT DVD's off ebay for a very reasonable price.And when I got those, I don't remember seeing any 97 SEs on Ebay, which I assumed there would be some. But that could just mean there weren't any up for sale at the time. It would be nice to have all the versions on DVD though.