PDA

View Full Version : make them movie correct Hasbro

jedi67
12-05-2005, 09:29 PM
ok can anyone tell me why hasbro keeps makeing figures that are somewhat close to the starwars characters instead of dead on the target..(example) the barc speeder clone trooper figure doesnt at all look like the barc troopers in episode 3.. why is that ? and i just got a few of the ..vaders 501'st figures and their arms swivel off...i hate cheeply made shtuff:twisted:... and yet they tease us once in a while with the greatly made fully posible figures or the fully articulated figures..hay here's an idea for hasbro...(make all figurs fully articulated).....and with clone troopers removible helmets and corrct to the movie characters they have in some but why not all of them..

and here's an idea for a (boba fet) figure
fully articulated without popeye arms like the otc figure ... with a removible helmet revealing his identity (jango) or hay hasbro...just hire me:thumbsup:

jedi master sal
12-06-2005, 08:58 AM
Ha ha, this is an old and still very valid argument. However, I think I had hit the mark several months ago when I started thinking about past lines and how Hasbro wants to stretch the line out.

Basically it's these two things:
1) Hasbro didn't have access to the FINAL clone colorations for some of the more popular clones, thus we didn't get them on 4/2. Basic white was simple, so they went with that. Over the next few months we got several clones, some close to movie accurate (Tac Ops (blue) trooper, Bly, Gree, even the Target one).
However and this brings me to my next point...
2) Hasbro needs to extend the line and realizes that clones are big sellers. It's much easier to come up with different colorations to release as that's probably what they had already planned. They held back on some of the movie accurate clones in order to release them in 2006 and 2007. They know we'll still be clamoring for them-just consider the buzz surrounding the Utapau clone form next year and a possible Cody exclusive.

They know we desperately want Kashyyyk clones as well as Bacara's clones.
Even though they've released two versions of the Tac Ops trooper, we still want a new release of that one in SA form.

They are full well aware of the desire to own movie accurate clones. They'll get arund to it, but only as it fits in with their business plan to prolong the Star Wars line for as long as the market will bear it.

You can almost bet that when the market start to fall-out for SW toys that Hasbro will hurry up and make those clones (and hopefully every other figure we desire) before it ends.

The easiest thing to say and yet hardest thing to do is "be patient."

We'll get them, it's just going to take more time than we want it to.

-Sal

Bacta Beast
12-06-2005, 01:34 PM
Cody an exclusive!!!!!!!!!!:eek: Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:frus: :frus: :mad: :mad:
Hasbro! Please don't be that stupid!!!!

And yes make all of your figures fully articulated (why couldn't the new Carkoon Han Solo have knee joints?)! And movie acturate!!!!

jedi master sal
12-06-2005, 07:24 PM
Cody an exclusive!!!!!!!!!!:eek: Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:frus: :frus: :mad: :mad:
Hasbro! Please don't be that stupid!!!!

Whoops, I meant to put Neyo, not Cody.
Cody is slated to finally make his appearance in Wave 3 of the TSC (The Saga Collection)

Sorry for causing you any consternation Bacta Beast.

-Sal

Bacta Beast
12-06-2005, 07:31 PM
Whew! Hey, the rhymes with constipa . . .Oh never mind!