PDA

View Full Version : What Is Going On!!!!!!!

wedge1968
12-06-2005, 08:26 AM
Sorry to yell, but I am freaking out. I've been to two Wal-Marts today, and nobody knows anything about the animated figure release. A third store told me that they had Star Wars figures in stock for $4.77. Why can't I find these? Are these only at Super Wal-marts? Someone else said he got his. Can anyone give me more info? PLEASE!!!!!

Kidhuman
12-06-2005, 09:06 AM
They should be released with the DVD on the pallets.

wedge1968
12-06-2005, 09:15 AM
I am finding that only Super-Walmart has them, and the closest one to me right now is about 60 miles away. They adamantly refused to hold one for me.

Will anyone pick a good looking set up for me?

Slicker
12-06-2005, 11:20 AM
Whoa, dude!! I think you're freaking out over nothing. These are just now starting to show up in certain areas and I'm sure they'll be in your area soon enough. I have yet to see them in Virginia Beach and my area is usually on top of things. Just be patient and they'll be there.

Bacta Beast
12-06-2005, 12:24 PM
What's the release date for the DVD?

wedge1968
12-06-2005, 01:56 PM
I don't know if I am freaking out or not. I am hearing that many stores aren't going to carry these, and people are saying that they ones that are are already sold out (within 90 minutes). I am going to make the trek tonight to the two stores that did have them this morning, but I am not too optimistic about my chances anymore.

Needless to say, I am very angry. Why didn't they advertise that only certain stores would have them if that was going to be the policy?

figrin bran
12-06-2005, 02:02 PM
Bacta Beast, the DVD release date is today.

wedge, take everything the employees tell you with a grain of salt or as is often the case, with a lumpful of salt. as KH said, they should be released with the DVD pallets.

Blue2th
12-06-2005, 06:52 PM
If you haven't already, try going to the DVD area of Walmart. They are not in the toy section at all because of the special display built for the DVD and the packs.

wedge1968
12-06-2005, 07:14 PM
Ok, call off the search (at least for me). I went to the only Wal-Mart in Illinois that apparently has this stuff (believe me, I talked to just about every one) and got them tonight (after 12 hours). I had to drive for hours and abandon my family, but I did it.

decadentdave
12-06-2005, 09:23 PM
I had to drive to 4 different Walmarts in Denver to find them and 3 of them were Supercenters that didn't have them in the toy aisle or in the electronics center! I asked the toy managers and they were clueless. I finally scored them at the one on Bowles and C-470 that had a big display pallet past electronics by the video games. They didn't have that many left. What's the deal? These are harder to find then the Sith commemorative sets. Good luck!

Bacta Beast
12-07-2005, 12:46 AM
Man that sucks! I went to the best Wal-mert in my area today and didn't see anything about the DVD even! I didn't know iit was due today, but I was thinking about it so would have noticed it. Is anyone having as hard of a time finding the DVD as the toys?

wedge1968
12-07-2005, 08:25 AM
I didn't see the dvd in the few places that I ran through, but I wasn't looking hard (literally, I was running). I did see it at the Super Wal-Mart after I had finally secured the figures, but they were asking close to $15. I am hoping Target or Best Buy has it a little cheaper.

mikey1974
12-07-2005, 11:43 AM
managed to get a set of both at the hazleton,pa. wal-mart today.....apparently,these are only being allocated to "select" wal-marts....as to what criteria a store needs to meet to get these,i don't know.....

jaxx
12-07-2005, 11:48 AM
Ok, call off the search (at least for me). I went to the only Wal-Mart in Illinois that apparently has this stuff (believe me, I talked to just about every one) and got them tonight (after 12 hours). I had to drive for hours and abandon my family, but I did it.

Which Wal*Mart did you find it at? I've searched 3 Wal*Marts for the Clone Wars figs, and none of them had them. I checked all around the toys and electronics sections... nothing was there.
I'm in the west suburbs of Chicago...
Also, how much are these???

decadentdave
12-07-2005, 11:53 AM
They are $9.95 each.

I returned my Clone Wars Vol. 2 DVD to Walmart after I found it at Best Buy for $12.99... $2 bucks cheaper but hey, I thought Walmart was suppossed to have the lowest prices. Besides, it gives me points on my Reward Zone card. I must say, I'm really liking Best Buy's incentives since picking up their Unleashed Vader. They finally figured out a way to encourage customers to buy their DVDs from them instead of online retailers and discount chains like Walmart. I also enjoyed that War of the Worlds book too. I just wish they had a freebie with Clone Wars but oh well...

Kidhuman
12-07-2005, 03:32 PM
WM would have price matched it for you. Thats how they always have the lowest prices.

JEDIpartner
12-07-2005, 03:50 PM
I still have a set of figures I'm willing to sell for face value, tax and shipping.

dan kenobi
12-09-2005, 04:24 PM
Hi - I am really intested in two sets of the Anakin pack and one of the Obi-Wan pack for Christmas if you still have them or anyone else does out there I could buy them off you, plus shipping or I could make a trade - whichever you prefer. I have a C3 Vader (I'd trade it for all three) and a bunch of of other stuff. This would be a huge help - my son loves these and they are on his Santa list and I can't find them (and of course I want one too).

Thanks - you can email me at Dan_blo@msn.com

timmae
12-09-2005, 11:42 PM
my walmarts are worthless here in charlotte. a long drive too. thanks for all the ssg traders!:thumbsup:

wedge1968
12-17-2005, 01:20 PM
I went to Super Walmart in Plano this morning and picked up one set (both Obi-Wan and Anakin box) of the Clone Wars dvd packs and one more of just the Obi-Wan box. I am willing to sell these or trade them. Ideally, the people in Illinois will need these so that we can make a trade in person (I am sending them messages first). If you would like to trade, I need a mint Tactical Ops Trooper, holo Ayala, holo Ploo Koon, Ask Aak, and the last wookiee (I have all but the first in non-mint shape, so if anyone opens theirs and wants to make a trade, I can do that as well). I also still need an Unleashed Stormtrooper and the Hunt for the Millennium Falcon set.