PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a complete list of all the X-Men

El Chuxter
12-07-2005, 01:31 PM
I'm not posting this under "Comics and Books" because it's not quite a comic question, though it obviously deals with comic characters.

I like my Autobot wallpaper, but I'm growing bored with it already. Hyped up by the new X3 trailer, I've decided to put together a new B****in' WallpaperTM, comprised of various images of X-Men.

I figure I can fit, depending on the size of the "frames," somewhere around 60-80 images on my screen. I want each to be a unique X-Man or X-Woman (or in some cases, X-Creature, X-Alien, or X-Robot), including villains who were or are affiliated with the team at some point (meaning Magneto, Sabretooth, Juggernaut, and Mystique are eligible).

It would take ages for me to come up with 60-80 characters by going through my collection. And I'm sure somewhere online there's such a list already made. Trouble is, I suck at finding stuff online. So in the immortal words of everyone's favorite Gungan, "Any hep here'd be hot."

Like the subject indicates, I'm looking for a full list, no matter how massive. I can make the cuts myself. :)

And, of course, I'll keep y'all posted and put the final result up here if I can figure a way to do so.

James Boba Fettfield
12-07-2005, 01:47 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_X-Men

Best thing I could think of at the moment. Not sure how great of a list it is, though.

El Chuxter
12-07-2005, 03:35 PM
Thanks for the link (and far earlier than I expected!). Even if this isn't complete, it's added several characters that had slipped my mind.

Trimming down to a feasible number has proven to be a bit tougher than anticipated. I've decided to go with 40 characters (based upon how important they are, how instantly recognizable they are, and, perhaps most importantly, how much arse I think they kick). Now to figure out which images to use. Again, any hep here'd be hot.

Archangel: Definitely want a good picture of him with blue skin. After that, well, turning back to "normal" is pretty anticlimactic.
Banshee
Beast: Definitely the cover of X-Men #1 by Jim Lee.
Bishop: Leaning toward the cover of Uncanny #282 (?) by Whilce Portacio.
Cable
Cannonball
Chamber: Probably something by Chris Bachalo.
Colossus
Cyclops
Dazzler
Domino
Emma Frost
Forge
Gambit: Either a classic Jim Lee image or maybe a screen capture from the X-Men Evolutions cartoon.
Havok
Iceman: Screen capture of the "loading" screen from the X-Men Evolutions game.
Jean Grey
Jubilee: Either the image of her pouting from the 2-page spread in the conclusion to the Mojo story about 10 years ago (I know what I'm talking about) or the trading card by Jim Lee.
Juggernaut
Magneto: Definitely Jim Lee.
Multiple Man
Nightcrawler
Northstar
Phoenix II
Polaris
Professor X
Psylocke: Ninja mode. Rrrrowrrr!
Quicksilver
Rogue
Sage
Shadowcat: Probably Alan Davis or John Byrne, with Lockheed if possible.
Shatterstar: Anyone drawn him but Liefeld? :crazed:
Storm
Strong Guy: By whatshisface who drew the first several issues of the "new" X-Factor comic (#71-???).
Sunfire: Something old.
Sunspot
Thunderbird
Warlock
Wolfsbane
Wolverine: So many choices. Definitely brown and orange costume, though. But if not, the cover of Uncanny #275 or Wolverine #24.

CaptainSolo1138
12-07-2005, 04:28 PM
Here's a little help, Chux. I'll keep doin' what I can to support the cause as long as you post the finished product!

CaptainSolo1138
12-07-2005, 04:40 PM
And one of the Wolvies you were looking for:

Bel-Cam Jos
12-11-2005, 05:43 PM
Thanks for the link (and far earlier than I expected!). Even if this isn't complete, it's added several characters that had slipped my mind.

Archangel: Definitely want a good picture of him with blue skin. After that, well, turning back to "normal" is pretty anticlimactic.
Banshee
Beast: Definitely the cover of X-Men #1 by Jim Lee.
Bishop: Leaning toward the cover of Uncanny #282 (?) by Whilce Portacio.
Cable
Cannonball
Chamber: Probably something by Chris Bachalo.
Colossus
Cyclops
Dazzler
Domino
Emma Frost
Forge
Gambit: Either a classic Jim Lee image or maybe a screen capture from the X-Men Evolutions cartoon.
Havok
Iceman: Screen capture of the "loading" screen from the X-Men Evolutions game.
Jean Grey
Jubilee: Either the image of her pouting from the 2-page spread in the conclusion to the Mojo story about 10 years ago (I know what I'm talking about) or the trading card by Jim Lee.
Juggernaut
Magneto: Definitely Jim Lee.
Multiple Man
Nightcrawler
Northstar
Phoenix II
Polaris
Professor X
Psylocke: Ninja mode. Rrrrowrrr!
Quicksilver
Rogue
Sage
Shadowcat: Probably Alan Davis or John Byrne, with Lockheed if possible.
Shatterstar: Anyone drawn him but Liefeld? :crazed:
Storm
Strong Guy: By whatshisface who drew the first several issues of the "new" X-Factor comic (#71-???).
Sunfire: Something old.
Sunspot
Thunderbird
Warlock
Wolfsbane
Wolverine: So many choices. Definitely brown and orange costume, though. But if not, the cover of Uncanny #275 or Wolverine #24.
No Longshot? No Mimic? No Mr. Synister? (sp?) No Mystique? No Sentinels?

I'd suggest an Excalibur shot for Nightcrawler, a Bill Sienkewicz (sp?) version of Warlock, maybe a McFarlane or Frank Miller Wolvie, perhaps X-Men #95 cover for Thunderbird, Marvel Comics Presents #11 (I think) for Colossus. Just some ideas.

El Chuxter
12-12-2005, 03:21 PM
I cut Longshot on purpose, because he's so incredibly lame as to defy characterization.

I somehow missed Mystique, who once was field leader of X-Factor, so I think she might be taking the place of Dazzler or Northstar. In fact, I think Magma might take the place of the other. They're both dorks.

Mimic, Mr Sinister, and the Sentinels are cool, but they're bad guys. Magneto once was an X-Man, and Juggernaut is currently reformed and on the X-Men team, which is why they're on here.

I'm attaching what I have so far. They appear to be in random spots because I've (rather anally) gone through and assigned positions for each character on my list. :)

Mister Roboto
03-30-2006, 04:20 PM
Someone has too much time on their hands.

CaptainSolo1138
03-30-2006, 04:21 PM
I know. That Juggernaut is a real tool.

JON9000
03-30-2006, 06:53 PM
May I add a couple of suggestions?

Dazzler: You GOT to use the disco white- the cover of X-Men #130.
Emma Frost: Try the back of Classic X-Men #7, pretty sexy.
Jean Grey:X-Men 101 cover
Magneto:X-men #1
Longshot: Longshot #1 is his most iconic image
Phoenix II: photoshop Excalibur #1
Professor X: something Jack Kirby. He deserves to be in there somewhere!
Wolverine:I really like the cover of Classic X-men #1