PDA

View Full Version : Chumba whumba

dakker
12-07-2005, 07:15 PM
Hey- has anyone had any dealings with Chumbatoys? So far I'm not having a positive experience! I placed an order 11/17, got a confirmation and have not recieved any items yet. Their email doesn't quite work and their voicemail is curiously full. I hope I'm not going to regret my dealings with them. Of course, they have taken payment already, which bites! Any heads up would be appreciated.

Kidhuman
12-07-2005, 07:24 PM
Sorry to hear that dude, I never heard of them. I stick to EE or OMGCNFO.com

I was about to move this to the music section too.

dakker
12-07-2005, 07:42 PM
Ah yes, I see the possible confusion, but it just popped into my head and I do what it tells me to do. In other unrelated news... is there a way anyone knows to take my profile pick and make it my avatar? I thought that was what i was doing when I signed up. If there is an answer, make the directions easy to follow! Dhoy! Thanx!

Kidhuman
12-07-2005, 08:01 PM
Simple enough, have more than 100 posts and then you can make a custom avatar. But please do not post pad, they will be deleted if you do. Make contributions with your posts, state your opinions, the site is not about two word answers. Thanks and welcome ot the boards.

plasticfetish
12-07-2005, 11:44 PM
the site is not about two word answers.That's right. ;)

I just looked them up. So they sell minis, clix and cards pretty much? Try this phone number... 801-785-9410. (I looked them up through their domain name and found that number.) Good luck.

Kidhuman
12-08-2005, 12:05 AM
That's right. ;)

Thats three words contracted to two so :p :beard:

El Chuxter
12-08-2005, 12:38 AM
I would have to say that if you get knocked down, you get up again. They're never gonna keep you down. ;)

(Man, that song's annoying.)

Kidhuman
12-08-2005, 12:51 AM
I loved Homers take on it

plasticfetish
12-08-2005, 01:57 AM
DOPE! You're right that is sort'a three words...

(Why do I feel like I have the wrong avatar? edit: OK, that's better.)

dakker
12-08-2005, 07:39 PM
Thanks for the info plasticfetish! I called and ... left a voicemail. We shall see if helps. In the mean time, unfortunate lesson learned. As it turns out, a friend I turned onto the site is, as you guessed it, also waiting! And waiting. And waiting.

Does a string of two word sentences count?

dakker
12-08-2005, 08:41 PM
I just recieved a very urgent email from Chumbatoys apologizing gratuitously, and stating items all shippped out awhile ago but are having trouble tracking them. They also said that they will refund me, but still make sure the lost merchandise gets to me! That is very generous. I hope this turns out to be a positive experience. We shall see.

Kidhuman
12-08-2005, 09:55 PM
Hope it all works out for you dakker. As for the string of two word sentences, if you can have them make sense and not use the same word twice in 6 or more sentences, then yes, it counts. No contractions either. :P :D :beard:

Dar' Argol
12-12-2005, 09:36 PM
You know, looking at the title of this thread, I was thinking it was about thew music group Chumba Wumba . . . . how silly of me . . . . .

"I get knocked down, but I get up again . . . . "

bobafrett
12-12-2005, 11:45 PM
You know, looking at the title of this thread, I was thinking it was about thew music group Chumba Wumba . . . . how silly of me . . . . .

"I get knocked down, but I get up again . . . . "

That is why I avoided reading it, until I noticed that it was in the General Discussion area, not the music thread. I also only deal with EE, though for awhile I was doing business with a place called thetoypalace or maybe it was toypalace, either way they were out of Germany, but I was able to get a few things for reasonable prices and never had a problem with them.

CaptainSolo1138
12-13-2005, 02:51 PM
Does a string of two word sentences count?
...that's acceptable.....just no elipses.....I guess....

dakker
12-13-2005, 08:55 PM
Partial good news, kids! Chumbatoys refunded my money today. I don't know if the merchandise is still roaming around the country yet, but at least the $$ part has been taken care of!! It was too bad, because they had alot of merchandise I was interested in. Well, there is always the limited supply at Jamstoys. Anyone hear what's up with Eplanettoys?

Kidhuman
12-14-2005, 01:40 AM
Dude, go to EE or www.omgcnfo.com and get the stuff