PDA

View Full Version : RIP, John Lennon

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-08-2005, 01:01 AM
Today marks the 25th anniversary of the murder of John Lennon outside his home in NYC. Sadly, I'm nowhere near Strawberry Fields, but my buddy and I plan to meet up tomorrow night after work (11ish), drink some wine out on the porch, listen to the Beatles/John's solo work and watch the snow fall. Still a shame. Granted, i'm only 23, but the Beatles were one of the first musicians that i ever listened to as a child (thanks to the folks.)

RIP, John. :sleeping:

arctangent
12-08-2005, 06:30 AM
i have never been a fan of the beatles or lennon's music but it is sad that he was killed in such a meaningless way. regardless of what i think of it, his music, both within the beatles and his solo work, gave pleasure to millions of people and he wasn't afraid to give an opinion. a sad loss.

JEDIpartner
12-08-2005, 08:35 AM
Man... I remember when this happened. I was stunned.

wedge1968
12-08-2005, 08:56 AM
John will always be my favorite artist.

I caught a program a couple of weeks ago about Mark David Chapman. Boy, was that guy nuts!!!! He is up for parole again soon. I hope they don't release him (for everyone's sake...I wouldn't feel safe if I were Ringo or Paul).

I am thinking about having a moment of silence in my classes today, but I suspect that half of my class (mostly college freshman) don't even know who John Lennon is. It is a shame.

James Boba Fettfield
12-08-2005, 10:44 AM
Yep, bad day for music. Especially with what happened on this day last year.

I should put on some Paperback Writer, my favorite for a few reasons.

starwarsfan1
12-08-2005, 04:14 PM
He will always be remembered as the man who inspired a generation and generations to come. I dont think any artist will be able to fill this mans shoes. He brilliance and imagination are indescribleable. The Beatles were the greatest rock n roll group of all time and John was the best out of the four. I dont think I'll be able to handle it when Paul goes for he was second only to John. RIP John. You will never be forgoten.:cry::cry::cry:

Kidhuman
12-08-2005, 09:03 PM
A very sad day indeed. A few years back Gulianni actually stopped the crowds who gathered at Strawberry Fields on his birthday.

Jayspawn
12-16-2005, 09:44 AM
I saw the same program wedge1968.

John Lennon was a great loss. He was truely an artist. He made the kind of music he wanted, rather than to impress others or show himself off like most names in the music industry today. He lived the life he wanted on his own terms, gave his oppinions wether they were popular or not. He was a legend even in his own time. I think the world would would be a little different had we not lost him.