PDA

View Full Version : Sad sight at Target tonight

tagmac
12-08-2005, 09:01 PM
Went into Target looking for the Tactical Ops Trooper. Of course, they had nothing, absolutely nothing on the pegs but a Shaak Ti and a regular Plo koon (amazing - the Neimoidians actually sold out). However, right next to these two rows of empty pegs are about 6 rows full of those stupid plastic cases - now on CLEARANCE! Just what a parent is looking for in time for Christmas, huh."gee, my kid wants figures, but I'll just get him these wonderful empty plastic cases instead...."

Amazing....Hasbro listened to the scalpers and MOC collectors (the only folks who'd be interested in these wastes of plastic), and sent more of these to stores than they did the figures - this from a company that claims to make the figures for kids. Very sad, indeed....Hasbro's gonna take a bath on these things, and it's gonna come back to bite us collectors in the end.

Darth Cruel
12-08-2005, 09:14 PM
Thanks for the heads-up! I have been waiting for these to go on clearance so I can stock up on them. I need a lot of them.

TheDarthVader
12-08-2005, 09:27 PM
I think at my target they are now $6.82 or something like that.

Your Target sucks. I guess they ran out of figures to fill those pegs, perhaps they are waiting to get some more in. ????

B.
TDV

Kidhuman
12-08-2005, 09:58 PM
I dont need cases for my MOC collection. It was a waste in my opinion.

plasticfetish
12-08-2005, 10:04 PM
I saw those clearanced cases today also. I know this may be a dumb question... but are we sure that those are the newer protective cases, and not the old ones that didn't fit the ROTS cards? While looking at them, I had a thought that it might be something that Target would do -- try to clear out those old defective cases.

decadentdave
12-08-2005, 10:20 PM
I dont need cases for my MOC collection. It was a waste in my opinion.

You want to keep them MOC right? That's what the cases are for. I'm loading up when these drop to $4.94.

I saw those clearanced cases today also. I know this may be a dumb question... but are we sure that those are the newer protective cases, and not the old ones that didn't fit the ROTS cards? While looking at them, I had a thought that it might be something that Target would do -- try to clear out those old defective cases.

Yes, they are the "bigger" "revised" cases because they are in the cardboard box instead of the plastic shrink.

FYI - the old cases that didn't fit correctly were ordered to be destroyed by Target corporate.

figrin bran
12-08-2005, 10:26 PM
thanks for the heads up! i collect loose figures mostly but do have a few MOC here and there (sith eyes, AT RT tan variant, red #6) and so i'll look into getting one set of cases.

Kidhuman
12-08-2005, 10:37 PM
You want to keep them MOC right? That's what the cases are for. I'm loading up when these drop to $4.94.

YEs I do. I have mine stacked up neatly in rubermaid totes. I pay 4.94 for 1 huge tote and it fits alot more than 1 figures in it. To each there own. I dont need protective cases when they are in a protective tote.

decadentdave
12-08-2005, 10:42 PM
I keep mine in storage totes too but the awkward blisters of the ROTS cards have a tendency to bend at the j-hook and the sides of Vader's helmet, plus the bubbles tend to scratch more. That is why I'm putting mine in protective cases inside of my storage totes.

El Chuxter
12-08-2005, 10:43 PM
Shoot, just open the figures and save yourself the hassle. :p

I noticed these on clearance, too, and am hoping the Lava Reflections follow suit. I'll actually pick the stupid things up once they're the same price as all the other figures.

starwarsfan1
12-08-2005, 11:16 PM
I only use these on the exclusive figures. You know the non-target ones. I open everything else up. My Seperation of the Twins set unfortunatly cannot fit in these cases so they are just sitting on my self. Does anyone know is hasbro plans to make protective cases to fit the Saga 2006 card?

Kidhuman
12-08-2005, 11:20 PM
Of course they do, its hasbro, the money sucking vaccuum of the toy industry

decadentdave
12-08-2005, 11:30 PM
I only use these on the exclusive figures. You know the non-target ones. I open everything else up. My Seperation of the Twins set unfortunatly cannot fit in these cases so they are just sitting on my self. Does anyone know is hasbro plans to make protective cases to fit the Saga 2006 card?

I think the Seperation of the Twins should fit into the Star Cases that came with Star Wars Shop exclusive Wedge. I think you can order these from Protech on their website but they won't have the nifty "Star Wars Shop" logo vac-formed on the back.

Slicker
12-09-2005, 05:03 AM
My Target has been looking quite shabby of late also. I don't know what it is but stores seem to sell out of toys this time of year.;)

My other toy stores have been looking ragged as well including WM and TRU.

Darth Cruel
12-09-2005, 11:16 AM
YEs I do. I have mine stacked up neatly in rubermaid totes. I pay 4.94 for 1 huge tote and it fits alot more than 1 figures in it. To each there own. I dont need protective cases when they are in a protective tote.

KH - This is in no way an attempt to get you to buy protective cases that you don't want. Consider this an off-subject side note. I stacked mine that way (boxes instead of the totes) and just the smotth cardboard back of the card scratched up the plastic bubble on the one behind it. You might want to put some kleenex or toilet paper between them if you experience the same thing.

Kidhuman
12-09-2005, 01:35 PM
I stack the ROTS cards kind of awkward. I satnd them up and then fill in. With AOTC you could go sideways and store them. These seem to stack easier if you stand them back to back and then fill in the spaces.

decadentdave
12-09-2005, 01:41 PM
Initially I tried to store mine it totes the way you described but the blisters have a tendency to fray, bend and the bubbles tend to get scratched which is why I'm going to put all of them in plastic cases. It's worth the extra expense but I am waiting for prices to drop. Even the current reduced price of $6.98 is still too much for these. $5 is just about right.

tagmac
12-09-2005, 02:48 PM
My Target has been looking quite shabby of late also. I don't know what it is but stores seem to sell out of toys this time of year.;)

Unfortunately, they've been sold out since before Black Friday....you'd think thye'd have gotten in a few figure shipments by now.

wedge1968
12-09-2005, 02:51 PM
I am waiting for these to hit $5. Then, I may drop the money on them.

abell748
12-09-2005, 02:58 PM
Since it is the end of the ROTS line, I wonder if there is really anything left to restock with. Hasbro is well known for short-changing the last assortment of a run. I hope there are some stray cases so everyone gets theirs, but I wish they would just start putting the first TSC wave out and get it over with.

trandoshan666
12-09-2005, 04:53 PM
Shoot, just open the figures and save yourself the hassle. :p

I noticed these on clearance, too, and am hoping the Lava Reflections follow suit. I'll actually pick the stupid things up once they're the same price as all the other figures.

They are on clearance right now in my area, but they're still like $9. Anyone know how long it takes before "clearance" items get knocked down another price notch?

Kidhuman
12-09-2005, 05:03 PM
A week or so

El Chuxter
12-09-2005, 05:34 PM
Usually, though I've seen some items linger at a particular clearance tier for over a month. (Last year after Christmas, Mrs Chuxter and I watched some poker sets they had on clearance, knowing they'd go down more. It took almost two full months for the second markdown, but when it finally came, it was something like 75% off the first clearance price.)

Kidhuman
12-09-2005, 05:36 PM
Poker tonight at Chux's. I will bring the snacks

starwarsfan1
12-09-2005, 09:28 PM
I was just at Target tonight and found a ton of these collecters packs. But more surprisingly I found Lava Reflection Anakin and Obi-Wan in every single shelf. There must have been at least 100. I was shocked:shocked:. I mean they weren't only in Star Wars but in Transformers, Neopets, Yu-Gi-Oh!, etc. Name a section and they had the figures. I also saw on Clone Attack on Coruscant on clearance for 14.99.

timmae
12-10-2005, 12:39 AM
the protec cases are the best! they hold the new saga 2 fine too. (they are sc3's) the sc1's are for potj and vintage. the sc2's hold the wider saga and wider e2 blue carded figs. (they need one for ephant mon!)do a search on ebay(MDM SPORTS IN NJ) and order them direct. the give discounts for 25, 50 and 100. the target cases are crap. of course i'll buy lots for my double when they go for 2.50 for a 5pack:thumbsup:

abell748
12-11-2005, 07:31 AM
I was so happy when I got to my Target and saw 10 Neo Warriors on the pegs. Yippie!!!!

UKWildcat
12-11-2005, 11:53 AM
I was so happy when I got to my Target and saw 10 Neo Warriors on the pegs. Yippie!!!!

My Target had about 20 Neim Warriors and ONE Super Articulated Clone. That was all, excluding those lava reflects. They did have about 15 or so packages of of the Star Cases for $6 and some change. I will probably pick up one package of those and I would definitely get more if they drop to $2-3.

Val Da Car
12-11-2005, 12:05 PM
Your would think that during the holidays the stocking of figures would be a little higher but at two of the three Targets I visited there was on average of 3 pegs of figures...tops.

In addition the figures being clearanced out will give hope to the Overpriced and rightly sized TIE fighter being a more resonable purchase closer to or just after Christmas Day itself.

But as for now the items on clearance include Collector Cases, Target Exclusive Obi & Ani ($9 is still too much for them IMHO) but nothing else as of yet. But only 12 shopping days left.....

I did see the new Force Battlers so new stuff is trickling in to the stores.

bobafrett
12-11-2005, 10:27 PM
I actually made it into a Target store tonight. I went in search of a Cubs or Bears (sports related) santa hats. They were sold out of both those teams.

I saw the Lava reflection Obi-Wan for the first time, he looked like he went through the pop tart frosting machine. I passed, but did find an R2 and Vader mug both filled with M&M's. I did pick those up!