PDA

View Full Version : EP II figs on POTJ Cards

TeeEye7
01-21-2002, 07:38 AM
Strolling around one of my local comic book shops this week end, the owner advised me that because of a production problem, Hasbro will be distributing the first wave of EP II figures on POTJ cards.

Has anyone else heard this?

Can any SSG staff confirm or deny?

The owner of the shop buys direct from Hasbro, so I'm not sure how to interpret his statement. After all, he runs a scalp....er collectables store. :confused:

SirSteve
01-21-2002, 11:10 AM
Doubt it. I have seen a lot of the toys already packaged and they are on the AOTC cards.

jedimasterskip
01-21-2002, 03:19 PM
I have heard from various readings and talking with some friends in the comic industry that the talked about preview figures that are due out in March I think will be on POTJ cards. Perhaps this is what was meant? As far as I know, the April released items will be on ATOC card stock.

GNT
01-21-2002, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by SirSteve
It wouldn't even make sense to do that...

It would, POTJ contains all the figures from EP1,ANH,ESB and ROTJ but I highly doubt it since we are getting the new blue cards :)

sith_killer_99
01-22-2002, 03:43 AM
Jedimasterskip is correct, may reports indicate that the preview figs will ship on POTJ cards.:)

This is neither unexpected nor suprising. Look at the initial EP1 preview stuff. It had the POTF2 logo on it. ;)

Not to mention the Flashback stuff which sported POTF2 logo as well as pics from EP1.

It's a transitional thing. Hasbro likes to do this, don't ask me why.:Pirate:

As far as the April release goes, look for the new cards to be hitting the pegs.:crazed:

My brother-in-law also buys direct from Hasbro, and believe me, they are being very tight-liped about what will be shipped. So I don't think your comic guy got his info direct from Hasbro.;)

evenflow
01-22-2002, 02:52 PM
I think that only the previoew wave will be on the green cards. After that we will be seeing blue.

JetsAndHeels
01-22-2002, 02:53 PM
Whether they are on the POTJ cards or the new blue cards, collectors like myself will be excited to see these hit the shelves.
From the pictures they don't look too bad, despite what alot of collectors are saying. I guess when we actually see them in the stores, face-to face, we can then make a correct assumption.

Tycho
01-22-2002, 04:18 PM
Jango is on POTJ card - here you go. We'll get this figure in March.

Possibly as early as late Feb - but I highly doubt it.

SirSteve
01-22-2002, 04:20 PM
I wasn't even thinking about this so, in a sense, he was correct.

Tycho
01-22-2002, 04:24 PM
The "firing effects" on all the figures' weapons ARE REMOVEABLE.

You can use them if you like them, if not - leave them off. They are rather flimsy though and fall out of Jango's small blasters easily. Personally, I think they look cool if you are doing a scene with them.

As you can see from the cardback, R3-T7 is the droid included in this first preview wave. I have no idea why, but the lightning is removeable and you can apply it to R2D2 to do 'that Jawa scene.'

Here's the pic.

boss nass
01-22-2002, 08:22 PM
wow exciding stuff getting more impatient by the minute!!!:sur: :stupid: :eek: :crazed: :D

InsaneJediGirl
01-22-2002, 08:57 PM
Thanks for telling us about the "firing effects" Tycho,I'm glad they do in fact come out of the guns :D

sith_killer_99
01-22-2002, 10:25 PM
Tycho, INSIDE INFO???

"ARE REMOVABLE"???:confused:

"They are rather flimsy though and fall out of Jango's small blasters easily."???:confused:

Do you in fact have this little goodie? And if so, PLEASE tell us if he comes with holsters with removable guns.:eek:

The holsters are clearly visible, but they look too thin to actually hold the blasters, IMO.;)

GNT
01-23-2002, 12:55 AM
Doubt it. I have seen a lot of the toys already packaged and they are on the AOTC cards.

Then I guess you never saw the preview figure before then :)

TeeEye7
01-23-2002, 07:34 AM
Thanks for eveyone's input and clarification.

A special thanks to Tycho:)

SirSteve
01-23-2002, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by GNT

Then I guess you never saw the preview figure before then :)

No, I have, just wasn't thinking about it since it says AOTC on the card...

GNT
01-23-2002, 09:13 PM

No, I have, just wasn't thinking about it since it says AOTC on the card...

I think its pretty hard to miss a AOTC figure on a green POTJ card

Jayspawn
01-24-2002, 12:33 PM
I can't wait for Preview Jango. He looks cool, but the likeness on Padme, Anakin and Obi-Wan still sucks!

INDIANA
01-24-2002, 04:35 PM
I think this may have been mentioned before...

REALSCAN was a good idea and looks great on the wrestleing figures. The problem is, which I doubt anyone thoght of until too late, is the small size of the 33/4 head. You are going to lose a lot of detail with such a small size. The 12" figures SHOULD have great head sculpts, larger scale = more fine detail.

Hey...anyone seen the next POTJ (Teebo wave) on cards yet?

Could they, too, be on the transition cards from POTJ to the combined SW line like the Preview figs? Would make sense to me!

Lord Tenebrous
01-24-2002, 06:03 PM
I guess the Teebo wave cardbacks will be like the FX-7/Eeth Koth ones, except only three figures on the back, and a small announcement like "coming soon: attack of the clones preview"

Let's throw a second question in here...what POTJ from any wave should be included in the new Blue02 style? Which ones would you want, and would they be packaged any differently (new sculpts, different accesory/droid/etc)

Tycho
01-24-2002, 08:47 PM
That's almost a great idea for a poll on the subject, though I'm concerned about the length of the list for possible responses.

I'll start with my own and keep an eye on this thread to see if you guys would like that 'officially polled' on the site.

I would say for POTJ recarded on the blue-backs:

Jango Fett
Zam Wessel
R3-T7
Clone Trooper

- all depending on quantity released and availability once they start hitting. Hasbro may market this last Green-Back wave AS the E2 figures (since they are in reality anyway), and retailers with no more information than that might order a lot of them (we can only hope). Hence if they start to peg-warm due to lackluster resposes to the firing weapons or Jango's wide stance, etc. - we certainly don't want them recarded on blue to pegwarm and limit new waves' distribution.

[a sizeable segment of carded collectors might want all their E2 characters on the same color card though (blue) and really desire this recarding - that should probably be polled somehow].

Next,

Teebo
Bo Shek
R4-M9

- what kind of distribution are these figures going to see? 4 per case shipping just prior to a 3 per case on the E2 preview wave?
At 4 per case, with these low-quantity demanded (meaning there's not too much reason for even diorama builders to buy multiples in excess of 2-3), if an adequate amount of cases are shipped to retailers - then demand should be satisfied, and these first 2002 Classic figures won't need recarding.

Imperial Officer
Rebel Fleet Trooper

YES - without a doubt. We were promised different head sculpts to vary these army builders.

I think everyone got their share of FX-7 and the Queen. So I wouldn't support them being recarded.

Sandtrooper - YES - we were again promised a different shoulder pauldron.

Shmi Skywalker - since she's both a main character of Episode One, and a supporting character of Episode 2, and I have doubts she will get an Episode 2 figure for spoiler reasons, then I'd recard her. Shmi never peg-warmed.

And then I'd go back to the Episode One line and put out a new head sculpt on the Naboo Royal Guard. Unless their uniform is significantly different in E2 (I didn't pay attention to that in the trailers), then I'd allow this army builder another chance out there.

For me, that's about it:

Naboo Royal Guard
Shmi Skywalker
Sandtrooper
Imperial Officer
Rebel Fleet Trooper

Maybe...

Jango
Zam
CloneTrooper
R3-T7

even less certainly....

BoShek
R4M9
Teebo

Lord Tenebrous
01-24-2002, 09:54 PM
With the second shipment of Gungan Warriors, and the uncommon nature of the Naboo guards, I think there would be those who would take interest, especially if the head was tweaked and the guns were repainted.

I agree with the Sandtrooper, Officer, and Rebel, and I would add the clean Scout Trooper to that list. Since the .XX numbering seems to be discontinued, I think this is an army builder that needs to have more exposure. If nothing has changed, I would pack it:

4x Scout Trooper
3x Imperial Officer
3x Rebel Fleet Trooper
2x Sand Trooper

Or 4x each if they were all unique from the POTJ versions.

As seen in this shot from the "Forbidden Love" trailer, I think the Naboo guards have altered their uniform a bit. (leaning against pillar, to the right). Look familiar?