PDA

View Full Version : Richard Pryor Died.

Slicker
12-10-2005, 05:46 PM
Saw this on Yahoo! (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/obit_pryor;_ylt=AgPho7knpnwfUjx08sQB1OroVKAv;_ylu= X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl)news.

I didn't see much of his comedy but the man was funny. I always watched it late night on CC when they'd play it unedited. The man had a filthy mouth but as we all know, swearing makes it funnier.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-10-2005, 09:07 PM
This dude will long be missed by me. I've been a fan of his movies since i was a young lad. His comedy was always honest, personal, and always hysterical. One of my favorite movies, ever, is "Harlem Nights." That movie gets no critical love, but it's one of the funniest movies i've ever seen. I keep rewatching the classic SNL skit with him and Chevy chase and the "Word Association Test." Hysterical.

RIP Richard. May your Wonderwheel meet you in the skies. :sleeping:

UKWildcat
12-10-2005, 09:14 PM
:cry: Richard Pryor was the man. His stand ups were hilarious (you could not watch his acts and not laugh). He was a really funny actor as well, especially when paired with Gene Wilder, they made an amazing duo.

He also paved the way for a lot of todays comedians. Very sad news. :( :cry:

bobafrett
12-10-2005, 11:44 PM
:cry: Richard Pryor was the man. His stand ups were hilarious (you could not watch his acts and not laugh). He was a really funny actor as well, especially when paired with Gene Wilder, they made an amazing duo.

He also paved the way for a lot of todays comedians. Very sad news. :( :cry:

Yes, I loved it when he would do a film with Gene Wilder, those two kept me laughing all the way through the movies they did. My favorite was "Stir Crazy". If you ever get a chance to see him in one of his shows, the man was a comedic genius. I shall miss him and the great funny man that he was. :cry:

Kidhuman
12-11-2005, 01:55 AM
Having been at work all day, I just saw this on my comp. This has saddened me as I him from early childhood into adulthood. Sunset Strip is by far one of the funniest stand ups ever. Movies like Silver Streak and Bustin Loose are damn funny. The only b;lemish on his career is Superman 3 IMO. I even loved hear no evil see no evil. Him and Gen Wilder were a great tandem for comedy. R.I.P. Mr Pryor, you will be sorely missed here.

Anakin Palpatine
12-11-2005, 03:59 AM
The world has lost a very special man and comedy icon. My favorite will always be his stand-up, but the Toy was one of my all time favorite films. God Bless you Richard Pryor and thanks for all the laughs!

Bacta Beast
12-12-2005, 12:53 PM
"What, I'm Black, does my daddy know"!!?
Richard Pryor "Hear no Evil, See no Evil"

JimJamBonds
12-13-2005, 12:30 AM
I'm not all that familar with Richards work (although I hear a different bit nearly everyday on Sirius) but I know he is 'up there' when it comes to comics. My best reference is the SNL "name" sketch that was in another post, it was a good bit on several levels. Can you imagine trying to do that sketch now?