PDA

View Full Version : 12" Jedi Plo Koon

TheDarthVader
12-11-2005, 12:19 PM
What ever happened with this figure? I want one BADLY, but I can not find one. Was this figure an exclusive? Plo Koon is my favorite jedi.

Also, do you think SS will ever make a jedi Plo Koon? If so, I may wait for it to come out instead of trying to get the Hasbro version.

B.
TDV

Blue2th
12-11-2005, 03:28 PM
Plo Koon was suppose to be a Star Wars Shop exclusive I think (correct me if I'm wrong) They bagged on the deal and they ended up at the Disney Store in Orlando where you actually had to buy them there. I wanted and still want a 12" Plo Koon. He's going for rediculous prices on eBay. I hope Sideshow does him and other alien Jedi like Kit Fisto (he's my favorite) They would probably be superior. Plo Koon is the only 12" Hasbro I don't have.

maatu
12-11-2005, 04:29 PM
i want the hasbor plo koon too. i have seen it on ebay at really high prices. hopefully after anakin and then please obi won kenobi from rots. we will see alien jedi's .like plo koon and ki adi mundi and kit fisto and many more.

Jayspawn
12-11-2005, 07:54 PM
The Hasbro Plo Koon was an awesome figure. I remember seenign the proro back in the day when I worked at the Fan Club. Tooo bad Hasbro kinda bailed on it -it was sweet!

I'm hoping for a Sideshow version now.

decadentdave
12-12-2005, 01:21 AM
I think Entertainment Earth picked up very limited quantities of this figure after the fan club passed it up but charged nearly twice as much. I did happen to get a couple of them before they completely sold out.

Hey Jayspawn, I live in Lakewood. Nice to see a fellow local collector on these forums.

Tycho
01-06-2006, 06:59 PM
I have a 12" Plo Koon. Since he was a 2002 or 2003, I think SS will pass on him for a while. There are no females in their Order of the Jedi line yet and Shaak-Ti and Barriss were just done by Hasbro. My bets on Aayla Secura. She's got the popularity. Her, Mace, and Qui-Gon will round out the early Jedi set.

Exhaust Port
01-06-2006, 09:32 PM
I picked one up from the SW website when they were offering them. I believe it was suppose to be an exclusive to the website but I guess it didn't go as planned and they ended up being sold elsewhere. Isn't that basically what happened with every 12" exclusive?

TheDarthVader
01-06-2006, 10:07 PM
Well I guess I will wait for SS to do the Plo Koon. I am not going to pay over $100 for the Hasbro 12" Plo.

B.
TDV

echobanzai
01-07-2006, 08:49 PM
i collect the 12 inch figures, and was furious to see only this figure, for the first time ever, on ebay!

if i had known it was on the star wars site, i would have snagged one.

im wishing for a 12 inch kit fisto. he kicked such @$$ on the animated series, but then went out like a fett in episode 3.

damn, lucas screwed that scene up, didn't he? he could have had the emperor kill of 3 jedi COOL, but all he does, is stabs kit fisto.

all the jedi rocked so cool in the animated series. i just make pretend, the movies never happened.

Jayspawn
01-07-2006, 10:21 PM
Kit did pretty good seeing as how he's never fought a Sith Lord before. I dont think any of those 4 Jedi knew what they were getting into.

Tycho
01-08-2006, 11:47 AM
Kit did pretty good seeing as how he's never fought a Sith Lord before. I dont think any of those 4 Jedi knew what they were getting into.

Anakin warned Mace right before they left and he would have been a punk to not have relayed to his posse what Skywalker told him.

Remember, one Jedi took out each Sith up to that point:

Obi-Wan defeated Maul
Skywalker defeated Tyranus

4 against one (Palpatine) seemed like good odds at the time, I'd guess.

They should have known not to all stand so close together but spread out and give themselves fighting room. Agen Kolar barely had a place to move. Similar was SaeSae Tiin's situation because they stayed by that door alcove. At least Kit and Mace had the sense to move (Mace lasted and "won" because he was choosing his fighting ground as best as he could and he got out of that hallway).

Anyway, I didn't see Palpatine as being any better swordsman than Tyranus or Maul, but the Jedi seriously underestimated "the old man."

Darth Cruel
01-13-2006, 02:53 PM
Ya know...Kit Fisto's appearance as one of the early choices in this line definitely makes Plo Koon look easily probable.

Blue2th
01-13-2006, 07:30 PM
I hope they do Plo Koon. I would rather pay 60 bucks for a superior figure, than the 150 plus for the Hasbro one on eBay.:yes:

WarDesign
02-02-2006, 07:09 PM
I have this figure, the head sculpt is amazingly detailed and not so oversized.

echobanzai
02-03-2006, 04:40 PM
for sure, these guys might have not been prepared for a sith lord.

but come on! they are jedi masters. which means, they should have at least been able to parry a few blows before sidious could have killed them.

lucas screwed that up. as always.

if the heroes walk in, 4-1, to fight the bad guy, then the heroes do not have to overcome anything to win. you want to think the hero has no way of winning, and then wham! he overcomes his obsticles, and gets the prize of victory. but if the obsticles are lame, then the victory is lame.

problem 2 is lucas was just lazy, or insane. i finally saw the dvd, and when you see a certain death scene, in the deleted scenes, ITS a JOKE! obiwan and annakin start making one liners, 2 seconds after a fellow jedi knight is killed. and that jedi kicked so much ***** in the anime, yet in the movie, she cannot fight back, she just sits there?

which is the same problem with the movie. his boys create these cool looking characters, then lucas does not know what to do with them.

he was supposed to be creating an adventure movie. and yet, there was no action or adventure in the deaths of those jedi.

its an action movie, this is not a drama. everything should be over the top. not cheesy, but for sure, larger than life.

those jedi just sat there and watched someone attack them. they were supposed to be martial arts experts. in every martial arts class i ever took, we learned defense as well as offense. those guy did not even move.

i wish lucas had let another director and screenwriter take the helm. these movies would have been incredible, had some simple ideas been locked down in a different way.

i am not sure how the sir steve communite looks at the genndy cartoon network anime of star wars, but when i watch those, i realize, that is how all powerful jedi masters should act.

not just watching someone stab them.

did i write the kit fisto request before the figure was made! dang! i cannot wait for that figure.

Darth Instigator
02-04-2006, 05:34 PM
I had the 12" Plo Koon. I wanted it forever and bought it on Ebay last year for $110. I kept him on my shelf for about a year and realized that I was more concerned it would lose money than sit and gain, so I sold it and fetched $220. I did like the doll but I am more of just a Maul fan than an all figure fan.