PDA

View Full Version : The 12" Star Wars line from Sideshow has a name

Darth Cruel
12-12-2005, 03:59 PM
The line is called "The Order Of The Jedi". And the write-up on SS's website makes it sound as if it is all Jedi Knights and will include EU figures (which I know we have heard).

I wonder if they will do all Star Wars figures under this line or branch off into "The Sith", "The Bounty Hunters", "The Imperials", "The Rebels", "The Droids",...etc.

And can I get a Mod to clean up my English on the title of this thread.

Darth Cruel
12-17-2005, 12:29 PM
And on a further note...

It appears that we are FINALLY getting a 12" line of action figures that combine the best things about 12" action figures with a (semi-) reasonable price. I can't wait to get the Jedi Luke figure. And I am even more excited about the Anakin.

Now - somehow I have to find a way to get the exclusive Luke without spending more money for it than it originally cost.

And thanks mods for helping me out with correcting the poor use of English in the title of this thread.

JediTricks
12-17-2005, 05:12 PM
You are welcome.

Regarding the thread title, is it "O-S-C-A-R"? :D

I hope they end up making it worth their time to do other SW lines, but I suppose if they do they won't go with other line names, instead putting it all under 1 banner.

Darth Cruel
12-17-2005, 05:59 PM
LOL - I'll start another thread and call it "The 12" Star Wars Line from Sideshow has a second name" if they do a different one for the Sith, Droids, Rebels, Imperials, or whatever.

Battle Droid
12-22-2005, 06:26 AM
http://www.rebelscum.com/sideshow05.asp

"There are five different groups of figures that we’re doing. We’re doing The Jedi Order, Galactic Rogues, The Sith Lords, The Legacy Collection, and The Military Of Star Wars. If an Expanded Universe character fits into one of those lines, which all would, it’ll just be a part of that particular line." - Sideshow.

"The Jedi Order and Sith Lords lines speak for themselves. The Legacy Collection would have the main characters, The Galactic Rogues would be villains, creatures, and bounty hunter kind of people. The Military Of Star Wars is one that we really want to do here because we have a lot of military enthusiasts. Star Wars has always had a cool military design both with the Rebels and the Empire with the original Trilogy. This line will have your soldiers in that, but they’ll have their own personalities like what we did with Bayonets and Barbed Wire and Brotherhood of Arms lines." - Sideshow.

Exhaust Port
12-22-2005, 08:39 AM
Awesome!!!

Darth Cruel
12-22-2005, 03:40 PM
http://www.rebelscum.com/sideshow05.asp

"There are five different groups of figures that we’re doing. We’re doing The Jedi Order, Galactic Rogues, The Sith Lords, The Legacy Collection, and The Military Of Star Wars. If an Expanded Universe character fits into one of those lines, which all would, it’ll just be a part of that particular line." - Sideshow.

"The Jedi Order and Sith Lords lines speak for themselves. The Legacy Collection would have the main characters, The Galactic Rogues would be villains, creatures, and bounty hunter kind of people. The Military Of Star Wars is one that we really want to do here because we have a lot of military enthusiasts. Star Wars has always had a cool military design both with the Rebels and the Empire with the original Trilogy. This line will have your soldiers in that, but they’ll have their own personalities like what we did with Bayonets and Barbed Wire and Brotherhood of Arms lines." - Sideshow.

Hey! I called it right! I don't get it right very often, but I got that one.

On the darker side, reading that interview makes it sound to me like the Sideshow guys look on collectors as just a small group of people who want their collectible pieces to be very few and very valuable. This is going to spawn another thread.